Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-25-07, 08:54 AM   #126
DVD Talk Legend

SModcast is generally pretty good.
Old 04-25-07, 05:12 PM   #127
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to agree. I have been listening to podcasts for 2 years and Smodcast is in my top five. I look forward to listening to it every week. They have great chemistry together and you can tell that they really enjoy doing it.
Old 04-25-07, 05:34 PM   #128
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah Smodcast is good but I am behind. I think I am on episode 6. Still my favorite is Keith and the Girl.

I don't really listen to Cranky Geeks, Twit or Diggnation anymore. 1up yours and GFW radio are also good for video game news.
Old 04-25-07, 05:37 PM   #129
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak
Yeah Smodcast is good but I am behind. I think I am on episode 6. Still my favorite is Keith and the Girl.

I will agree with you on Keith and the girl. I am missing the new episodes this week. But, they deserve a break
Old 04-30-07, 01:02 PM   #130
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Hoops and Yoyo Podcast

Try it out www.hoopsandyoyo.com
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken
Old 05-07-07, 08:47 AM   #131
DVD Talk Special Edition

My number one podcast is from chud.com.
I can listen to each one of them 5 times and still find them funny.
I agree with everyone about smodcast. One of the best out there!
I also listen to Major Nelsons xbox podcast but that guy has to calm down on his useage of the word "cool" and stop interupting his guests. But he does give out some good info.
Old 05-07-07, 08:48 AM   #132
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm interested in some good video podcasts that are available in wmv format so i can stream them to my 360 and watch them there. Any recommendations?
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Live gamertag: xmiyux
Old 05-29-07, 10:52 AM   #133
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody know why the moderator/host of the TVGuide podcast is leaving? And, will there be a replacement?
Old 05-29-07, 01:17 PM   #134
DVD Talk Legend

You spoiled it for me

I was in the middle of the episode when they were eliminating who was not leaving the show, and I read this message.

From the sounds of it, he is gone from TV Guide as well. At one point, it sounds like he is leaving for another job, but at other parts, it sounds like he was let go.

I'd be interested to know what happened as well.
Old 06-03-07, 12:10 PM   #135
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone know of any good video podcasts for baseball? Highlights from the week, or anything like that?

= J
Old 06-04-07, 06:21 AM   #136
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieking
You spoiled it for me
Sorry.
Old 06-04-07, 07:09 AM   #137
DVD Talk Godfather

I checked out Smodcast after seeing this thread and wow. I've spent the last two weeks listening to them all.

Best.Podcast.Ever.

Another good one is Penn Jillette Radio of Penn & Teller fame. If you try out this one, go back and find 'the Blow Drier' episode. This episode is up there with Smodcast. The others are good, but that one is hilarious.

Also tried out KatG but wasn't too impressed with that one.

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
Old 06-15-07, 07:03 PM   #138
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew
Anybody know why the moderator/host of the TVGuide podcast is leaving? And, will there be a replacement?
I know this is an old question but they answered this in the podcast last week, which I think they screwed up the feed on. He went to Bravo to work on their online content.

I'm listening to today's show and this podcast is quickly going from one of my favorites to the trash bin. Ausiello just isn't cutting it as host. I found him 60% annoying/40% entertaining when he could play off Dan's comedic strait man. Now that he's moderating he's not nearly as good at either. Also, Dan was really closest to my voice on the podcast. Now it seems more like a chick show.

Dan was also very good about producing the show. For example take the Sopranos' ending 'discussion' this week. They all agreed it was brilliant and read a letter saying how brilliant it was. The closest they came to presenting an opposing view was when the guest host mentioned the upset viewers and said it was Chase's baby and the viewer doesn't deserve anything anyway. I don't really care about the ending, hell I didn't even watch it, but with all the controversy and buzz it was generating I was thinking it would at least provide an interesting segment. I think Dan would have at least presented the opposing viewpoint, either by stating the case or selecting an appropriate letter. Not for 'fairness" but just to create a fuller discussion.
Old 06-26-07, 11:32 AM   #139
DVD Talk Legend

I gave TVGuide the benefit of the doubt with regards to their podcast. I figured that it would take a couple of weeks to get into the groove now that Da was gone. However, did anyone catch the latest version of the TVGuide Podcast? It was the worst podcast that I have ever heard. I actually cancelled after hearing it, and I've been listening since the very first podcast.

I think that those involved decided to entertain themselves instead of trying to entertain the listeners. The amount of laughing amongst the four on the podcast was overwhelming, as was the actual noise level and shrillness of it. They were talking over each other nonstop, and much of the podcast was incoherent.

It's really too bad, since I really looked forward to it on a weekly basis, but I am out. I might try again in September. Hopefully by then, they will have something better worked out than they do now.
Old 06-26-07, 11:50 AM   #140
DVD Talk Legend

Diggnation
The Totally Rad Show (even though I think those guys have a gay orgy after every show)
Smodcast
TWIT
Leo Laport The Tech Guy

I really wish Car Talk, What do ya know? and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me would have their whole shows available instead of just a few min of each. Stupid NPR.
Old 06-26-07, 12:28 PM   #141
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Another good one is Penn Jillette Radio of Penn & Teller fame. If you try out this one, go back and find 'the Blow Drier' episode. This episode is up there with Smodcast. The others are good, but that one is hilarious.
Yeah, that was a great episode. Unfortunately, Penn ended (or was forced to end by the powers that be?) his radio show a few months ago. I looked forward to listening each day via podcast since none of the local radio stations picked him up. Even though I completely disagreed with his atheist rants - which seemingly comprised about 95% of the show - it was a blast to listen to.

I believe there's a torrent floating around containing ALL of his radio shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopower
I really wish Car Talk, What do ya know? and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me would have their whole shows available instead of just a few min of each. Stupid NPR.
I don't know about the others, but Car Talk posts full episodes. I subscribed a couple of weeks ago, downloaded some past episodes, and they were each about an hour. The 6/23 episode (which I haven't listened to yet) is listed as 54:14. Maybe you just need to resubscribe.
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...
Old 06-26-07, 12:32 PM   #142
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLinus

I don't know about the others, but Car Talk posts full episodes. I subscribed a couple of weeks ago, downloaded some past episodes, and they were each about an hour. The 6/23 episode (which I haven't listened to yet) is listed as 54:14. Maybe you just need to resubscribe.

I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks.

Edit: I just checked and they offer the whole episodes of each now! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Mopower; 06-26-07 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-26-07, 12:42 PM   #143
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any of the other shows on NPR offer the entire show? For instance i always miss it on the radio but would love to snag Thistle and Shamrock each week as a podcast.
I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.

Live gamertag: xmiyux
Old 06-26-07, 12:48 PM   #144
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I get a bunch of NPR podcasts, but except for Car Talk, they are compilations of stories (i.e., "NPR Movies", "NPR Pop Culture", "NPR Food", etc.). I do get Fresh Air from time to time, depending on the guests, and it is about an hour. I've never actually listened to it over the air, so I don't know if that is its full length or not. And I think All Songs Considered is the whole show (is it about a half an hour on the radio?). That show is cool because if you subscribe you also automatically get bonus concerts (sometimes entire shows) from time to time.
"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...
Old 06-26-07, 12:49 PM   #145
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone with a TiVo: both Crankygeeks and DL.TV are now available via TiVoCast. It's going to take a week or two to get caught up as the first episode they released was a week old.

If you watch vodcasts on your TV like I do, this is welcomed news.

And I agree: TVGuide is taking a serious dive in quality without the good moderation it used to have. They complained this week about the lack of letters since Dan left. Gee, I wonder if they'll figure out why.
Old 06-27-07, 05:14 AM   #146
DVD Talk Legend

I am not a big Patrick Norton fan, so I have been avoiding DL.TV. However, with TWIT becoming worse and worse every week, I'd like to replace it with a good tech podcast. I guess that I will give DL.TV a shot.
Old 06-27-07, 07:29 AM   #147
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Smodcast and Mysterious Universe are must listens for me each week.
Old 06-29-07, 03:47 PM   #148
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopower
Diggnation

Not sure if it is still full episodes, but when I last listened, "Wait Wait" was available as full episodes.

Here is the feed address:

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=35

A million monkeys with a million brushes still would only eat the paint.
-Poundcake
Old 07-07-07, 09:54 AM   #149
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

R.I.P., A.B.O.V.E podcast "... due to irreconcilable differences."

WWW.ABOVEPODCAST.COM
Old 07-07-07, 10:14 AM   #150
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow! I am shocked. I am about 5 episodes behind. Was there any clue of them not getting along? At least, it looks like they will all be podcasting still.