DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Hilarious! check out this review thread at imdb! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/425258-hilarious-check-out-review-thread-imdb.html)

Playitagainsam 06-02-05 11:44 PM

Hilarious! check out this review thread at imdb!

"Hi! We just watched this movie for our English class, and our teacher is making us post our reviews because he liked what we wrote. We hope you do to.
By the way... there are a few spoilers in the reviews below."

http://imdb.com/title/tt0190865/board/flat/19417615

I only have a question...

are these people really so dumb?...

POWERBOMB 06-02-05 11:52 PM

I feel dumb because I clicked the link and it wants me to register......

tasha99 06-03-05 12:03 AM

They're kids.

ams 06-03-05 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
I feel dumb because I clicked the link and it wants me to register......

http://bugmenot.com/

When the liqed nitroglycerine when they blow a hole in the ground.
How can he misspell liquid, then spell nitroglycerine correctly?

RyoHazuki 06-03-05 12:18 AM

They had to watch Vertical Limit for English class? I guess all the copies of Cliffhanger were checked out.

NCMojo 06-03-05 06:28 AM

I didn't like the film because I hate watching people climbing. It's so boring. It's not the type of movie I would watch.
http://www.mst3kinfo.com/history/images/manos.jpg

ROCK CLIMBING!!!

Dead 06-03-05 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ams

I went through about 10 usernames/passwords from bugmenot and still didn't get one that worked. :(

The Bus 06-03-05 08:34 AM

Vertical Limit sucks. I didn't need a lazy teacher to tell me this.

Mrs. Danger 06-03-05 08:46 AM

"He liked what we wrote" yeah, sure.

taa455 06-03-05 09:21 AM

How old are these idiots? Judging from their writing, they are much too young to watch Vertical Limit. I weep for education in this country.

Goldblum 06-03-05 09:27 AM

Far from hilarious. They're probably elementary school kids, so what?

NCMojo 06-03-05 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dead
I went through about 10 usernames/passwords from bugmenot and still didn't get one that worked. :(

What our class thought of Vertical Limit.

by - tomhaig (Thu May 19 2005 02:08:36 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Mon May 23 2005 15:47:20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! We just watched this movie for our English class, and our teacher is making us post our reviews because he liked what we wrote. We hope you do to.

By the way... there are a few spoilers in the reviews below.

Re: What our class thought of Vertical Limit.

by - harleyw (Sun May 22 2005 16:59:34 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Mon May 23 2005 14:55:10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The film was exciting.I was wondering whats gonna happen next.I would reccomened this movie 2 climbers.

There were climbers climing k2 and an avalanche cameand they got stuck in a crevasse.Then people saved them.

I like peter becausehe is the main character.Peters sisteris stuck in the crevasseand peter saves her.

The best bit was in the crevasse the worst was the avalanches they looked so unreal.

by - haydend-1 (Sun May 22 2005 16:59:38 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Mon May 23 2005 14:35:10

The movie vertical limit was exciting at the start of the movie but it got a bit boring at the end.I aws relieved when it was finished.

This movie is about people climbing the mountain,dying form frost bite and falling down a hill.

Peter was motivated to get to Annie to save her as they were pretty loyal to each other.Their dad died so they care for each other more.

The most exciting special effect was when the bomb hit the bottom of the cliff and blew up and the when the avalanche was caused.The avalanche looked fake

by - thangl (Sun May 22 2005 16:59:44 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Thu May 26 2005 16:45:39

This is a cool movie but the problim is that it is too predictable.The thing I liked about the movie is Vaughan.I recommend this movie to people that like climbing.

The plot of this movie was boring .Is was jast walking up a montin,people dying and getting blownup.

I like Vaughn becouse he is evil and started to kill people. I like him because he was not as predictable as the other characters.

The special effects were bad.The only special effects that did look real were the explosinons.The avalanches were amateur for hollywood.

by - natashao (Mon May 23 2005 14:53:04 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Thu May 26 2005 16:55:34

I didn't like the film because I hate watching people climbing. It's so boring. It's not the type of movie I
would watch.

At the start Annie her brother and her dad was climbing the mountain. The brother had to cut his dad off the rope to save his sister or they would all die.

I didnt like it and the avalanche looked fake.

by - tessaba (Mon May 23 2005 14:53:04 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Thu May 26 2005 16:38:48

I think the movie is an action packed,seat griping film with lots of detailed moments.I didn't really like the fake avalanche but overall I loved it alot.
The movie is about a young mountaineer who one day has to save his sister from a crevasse which she and two other men fell into.
I think the characters were very enthusiastic, as they never gave up when they were trying to save Annie,Tom and Vaughan from the crevasse.
Some of the best special effects in this movie are the nitoglycerine which blows up. Some of the worst one's would be the fake avalanche and the fake explosion.
Tessa Barnes

by - jordanmax-1 (Mon May 23 2005 14:58:32 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I didnt like the guy in the blue jacket because he cost

by - levii-1 (Mon May 23 2005 14:58:35 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Thu May 26 2005 16:47:00

I did not like all of this film VERTICAL LIMIT.My favourite bit in this movie would have to be at the end when Peter and Annie saw each other after every thing that had happend.I think climbers would like this flim more than me.
It is all about mountain climbers.Anie wanted to climb K2 for her father after his death Annie and some other people got in danger Peter,Annies big brother didn't stop trying to find her until she was safe.
The charters play there parts well.Peter is very detemend to save his sister and her team you can tell who is nice good and detemend.
The specail effects of the movie are ok,but the avalanches are really bad.The explosoins are good.I could tell that the crevasse was really cold.
Levi Innocente

by - sexyboy55_22 (Mon May 23 2005 14:58:43 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

It was all right the

by - levij (Mon May 23 2005 14:59:18 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

The move was a bit slow but some bights where exiting.

The movie was mainly about the reckue when peter was trying to reckue his sister.

I think that peter is very brave but vaugnan is very cruel and eval.

The specidl efects of the averlanchers where very fack looking.

by - zoedo-1 (Thu May 26 2005 16:55:24 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

UPDATED Thu May 26 2005 16:57:09

I like this movie because it is exciting.The most exciting part of the movie was when the two Pakistani people got blown up.I recommend this movie to the people that love climbing.

by - kaylaj-2 (Thu May 26 2005 16:57:34 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I liked the fire and stuff (explosion).

This movie was mostly about people climbing mountains.

My favourite characters were monique peter and a phew more.

The avalanch looked fake.:D

by - melanies-1 (Thu May 26 2005 16:59:06 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I seriously did not like this film!It was so sad the worst part was when an evil as guy named Vaughn murdered Tom it was a seriously a sad as movie but I would recomend it to some humans who like tramping and hiking.Well what happened was that 6 people were climbing around the mountain and a giant avalanch came tumbling down and got 3 innocent people stuck in a crevasse and the other 3 died....tear.My favourite character has got to be Annie because she never gave up and was a great friend to her mates.Well first of all the worst effect ever was definantly the avalanch it looked totally fake but the best looking one was the crevasse it looked absolutely real so maybe the movie wasnt that bad but its not a movie I would reccomend for myself.

by - tomhaig (Thu May 26 2005 16:59:19 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

This is actually Brad Talbot's review.
Over all I thought this movie, Vertical Limit, was a really great movie.It would be a perfect movie for someone who enjoys climbing and who enjoys action movies.

I enjoyed Annie because she tried to save Tom's life. She's a friendly lady, that's why I liked her

by - jordanmax-1 (Thu May 26 2005 16:59:39 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I didn't like the guy in the blue jacket because he cost lots of lives and he killed a guy with a needle.

They start off from base camp to go to the summit to save 3 people but 5 died to do the tranp.

I like the girl monique because she is cool she saved a guys live and she did a big jump to the rock and clipped a metal thing onto a rock and got back up.

by - adrianve-1 (Thu May 26 2005 16:59:40 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

It was a very good move . I liked it the part i like the part when that dude cut the athoer dude and put his inside's in the bag, and when they shot that bag and when it exploed and made the big bloode circle . When the liqed nitroglycerine when they blow a hole in the ground . When the leped
(Note -- I did not truncate that last review at all. It literally ends like that.)

nazz 06-03-05 09:43 AM

I think the movie is an action packed,seat griping film with lots of detailed moments.
This one seems apporpriate. A bunch of kids sitting on their asses complaining about watching a mindless movie instead of learning the language.

Dimension X 06-03-05 10:08 AM

by - kaylaj-2 (Thu May 26 2005 16:57:34 ) Ignore this User | Report Abuse

I liked the fire and stuff (explosion).
Not a bad start, but did any of the characters smoke? Did they blaspheme? What were you eating while you watched the movie?

Cusm 06-03-05 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dimension X
Not a bad start, but did any of the characters smoke? Did they blaspheme? What were you eating while you watched the movie?

Was the version you watched taped off of USA network?

jdodd 06-03-05 11:50 AM

An Otter has decided to post his review in there as well :lol:

Mrs. Danger 06-04-05 10:48 AM

dam. Now I'm going to have to watch the movie.

tasha99 06-04-05 11:16 AM

Who posted the link to dvdtalk? That was just rude considering the tone of this thread. :rolleyes:

If anyone from imdb links here, I think your reviews were cool. Keep writing and don't take the criticism of a bunch of cynics too seriously.

TomH 06-06-05 03:20 AM

We're glad that you're enjoying them people... but take a look around; it isn't only not-highly-literate thirteen year olds who are mangling the English language and having trouble expressing their ideas. Sure, they've a lot to work on, but at least they're engaging in a public discussion about a 'text'(of questionable merit I accept, but you have to start somewhere).
You'll be pleased to know that this week they're learning how to use apostrophes.

Posted by: 'a lazy teacher'

sexylady 06-06-05 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by TomH
Posted by: 'a lazy teacher'

i wonder what i would become if i have a lazy teacher :p

Tom Banjo 06-07-05 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by TomH
You'll be pleased to know that this week they're learning how to use apostrophes.

Can you please post the lesson here? I think some of us need a refresher.

Lemdog 06-07-05 01:54 AM

This thread is going to go downhill really quick. Should be fun to watch.

hahn 06-07-05 02:38 AM

Man, that was so not cool of whoever posted that link to this thread @IMDb. -ohbfrank-

In addition to tasha99, I would also like to say to any kids clicking over to this thread - I hope you keep writing your thoughts about the movies you see! :thumbsup: And ignore the people here and anywhere else who make fun of you. Your writing is better than some of the "adult" writers on this board. Seriously.