Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

is it wierd that I don't get sick or get hangovers when I drink?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-24-05, 10:46 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've started drinking a bit this year (college people, come on) and noticed that I never get sick or have a hang over when I drink. I drink just as much (shit, probably more) than my roomates who are constantly puking out their windows and waking up feeling like shit in the morning. I mix drinks as well. I can drink anything, anytime and i've always been fine.

Anyone else have rfeally strong stomachs?
Old 05-24-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Its a gift from God. Just don't do too much and kill your liver. Then God will laugh. What a mighty laugh. Windows will shatter, moutains will crumble.
Old 05-24-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have a friend like you. I hate him, and now you, so very much.
Old 05-24-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't get hangovers at all the first 2 years or so of drinking. And I drank a lot... 4-5 nights a week in large quantities. By my senior year it had caught up to me a bit, but still wasn't too bad. I'd get hangovers if I had 10-12 drinks, but could get over them fairly quickly.

Now, just a few years later, I swear I get a hangover even if I don't get drunk and I drink 2-3 beers. Funny how that works.
Old 05-24-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk God

You are young. I was once like that as well. Post again when you are 28-35.
Old 05-24-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You're just breaking in your liver. Probably not a small body either. Usually it would take Century Club, or crazy drinking games to make me sick. It still probably takes about 18 beers for me to get really sick.
Old 05-25-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to be that way as well. 15-19, no hangovers. I hit 20, and they started coming on, but nothing too bad. After my 21st birthday, I get hangovers when I drink beer, as well as puking in the morning if I drink waaaaay too much. Never the night of drinking, but the day after.

Of course, hydrating myself helps a lot, assuming I can remember to do that.
Old 05-25-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

you aren't weird...just young. wait...the hangovers are coming....oh, god....the hangovers are coming.
Old 05-25-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Come over to my house one weekend. We'll see what's up.

Better yet, your house. I don't want you throwing up all over my DVDs.
Old 05-25-05, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Strange, I seem to be the reverse.

I Started out college as a young lad with a weak stomach (mainly because the drink of choice was almost always vodka), but I have steadily became a man that can hold his liqour quite well. I hardly ever puke or get hangovers, and even then the hangovers only happen when I drink 'til like 3 a.m. and have to get up for work at 8 or 9.

Go me.
Old 05-25-05, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I am 33 and still, to this day, have never had a hangover that I am aware of. That being said, I drink heavily rarely (although I did get pretty blasted both Friday and Saturday of last week on the vino).
Old 05-25-05, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nope, it's not wierd. I only drink on the weekends, and I've never once had a hangover, and I've yet to puke from drinking. I can't even remember the last time I puked, it has to have been more than 14 years ago.
Old 05-25-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I never got a hangover until I hit 25 or 26. I drank a lot in high school and college. Now, if I don't watch what i eat and drink when I party, I wake up with a horrible headache. I think your body has only a few non-hangover years in it I've used all mine up. You probably will too eventually.
Old 05-25-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We always knew the next guy to get sick was the one who announced they never get sick.

It does get worse as you get older, now even mild drinking gives me that dehydrated feeling the next day.
Old 05-25-05, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Unfortunately for you, it sounds like you have the "genes" for alcoholism in your future. It is the people that can drink forever and not get hangovers that tend to develop into alcoholics. It could also just be that you are young and your body can handle a lot of alcohol right now. My hangovers were less and ability to drink much more in college. 10 years later, a couple beers and too little sleep makes me feel like crap the next day. Have fun in college, but keep in mind the alcoholism thing, especially if it runs in you family.
Old 05-25-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get hangovers, but too many beers makes my ass bleed. I get dehydrated, which turns my stools hard as diamonds, and they scrape my 'roids on the way out.

How do you like them apples?
Old 05-25-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why is everyone getting hangovers when they're older? I only got sick and hungover when I was younger. Then I learned that if I drank too much I'd got sick and hungover so I stopped drinking so much.

As for the OP... I found that going to sleep with a lot of alcohol still in the stomach makes people feel worst in the morning, but if you go to sleep/pass out at least an hour after your last drink -- or better yet, you actually sober a little before going to sleep, then you'll have a better morning.
Old 05-25-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ketamine
Unfortunately for you, it sounds like you have the "genes" for alcoholism in your future. It is the people that can drink forever and not get hangovers that tend to develop into alcoholics. It could also just be that you are young and your body can handle a lot of alcohol right now. My hangovers were less and ability to drink much more in college. 10 years later, a couple beers and too little sleep makes me feel like crap the next day. Have fun in college, but keep in mind the alcoholism thing, especially if it runs in you family.
I've never heard of that. Alcoholism runs in my family and I've had hangovers... and I have an alcoholic drink about once every 6 months or so.
Old 05-25-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've never gotten puking drunk (though have drank in great quantities at times), and I pretty much want to leave it that way.
Old 05-25-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have white castle burgers after i drink heavy... i dont puke but i do crap...
Old 05-25-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
I once drank a 12 pack of bud and a bottle of Jack Daniels (with coke) in one night and woke up 4 hours later fresh as a daisy.

NOW give me 2 Heinekins and im crappy for 2 days.

Time is NOT on your side.
Old 05-25-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jw2299
I never got a hangover until I hit 25 or 26. I drank a lot in high school and college. Now, if I don't watch what i eat and drink when I party, I wake up with a horrible headache. I think your body has only a few non-hangover years in it I've used all mine up. You probably will too eventually.
I'm the exact same way. Nowadays, I can usually tell if I drank enough to know if I am gonna have a hangover in the morning. if thats the case, i will try to throw it up before I go to bed, and then I just wake up with a slight headache instead of the stomach problems too. I've only drank to the point of un-intentional puking once in the past 3 years
Old 05-25-05, 02:59 PM

Yep.
Old 05-25-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No kidding.

Enjoy it while you can. Jerk.

Old 05-25-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm already there (though I'm 25). I didn't used to get hungover so drinking was fun. Now, I still drink but some of my hangovers have become torture. Make sure you continue to keep it real, despite what your body may be trying to tell you.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.