Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Live3DPoker

Old 05-21-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Live3DPoker

Anybody checked this out yet?

I was picked as part of the beta testing, and must say the software or the players are very slow. I think it's mostly the players, but in part because of the 3d nature of the graphics it drags out things..

To add, there are very few players, and just in time I've been playing not very long, seen quads lots of times, royal flushes etc.

Sorta neat concept, and like that it runs on my mac (only other poker site that runs on mac is web based)

However, it's no way near ars good as Poker Stars etc.

Just curious if anybody else checked it out yet, and had thoughts.
Old 05-22-05, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, do you get stereo with that? Can you order drinks? Or can you play poker.

Excessive graphics can slow things down. Are the players really slow, or is it your system response?

I turned off the graphics at Paradise and it’s like night and day. Leads me to believe that the “server lag” many of us have experienced on Absolute is really on our end.

Any more, new sites are good for one thing: bonuses.

And it looks like the lack of players puts a big negative on that aspect.
Old 05-23-05, 06:16 PM

guys, you have to remember a few things:

First: the software is in a limited release beta. Those people on the site are there to test it out and they are no indication of just how large the player community is going to get.

The sofware still has few bugs in it that we want to work out before releasing it to the masses.

Second: the servers are tiny by comparison to the ones I have on order and the pipe they are using is also tiny. We have built in delays also so that we can have a chance to audit the gameplay. All this makes the response time slow but the beta testers are not there to test response time, we will be able to crank that up later.

Third: Once we crank up the marketing on the site and get the software to the point where we are happy with it, then and only then will the doors be opened to the public. Gameplay will increase by the very fact that the software will be as playable as any of the leading sites AND be a whole lot more fun and realistic.

Thanks very much for getting the word out though.

cheers
Fred Luchetti
Beta Team Leader
Old 05-23-05, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Live3dPoker
guys, you have to remember a few things:

First: the software is in a limited release beta. Those people on the site are there to test it out and they are no indication of just how large the player community is going to get.

The sofware still has few bugs in it that we want to work out before releasing it to the masses.

Second: the servers are tiny by comparison to the ones I have on order and the pipe they are using is also tiny. We have built in delays also so that we can have a chance to audit the gameplay. All this makes the response time slow but the beta testers are not there to test response time, we will be able to crank that up later.

Third: Once we crank up the marketing on the site and get the software to the point where we are happy with it, then and only then will the doors be opened to the public. Gameplay will increase by the very fact that the software will be as playable as any of the leading sites AND be a whole lot more fun and realistic.

Thanks very much for getting the word out though.

cheers
Fred Luchetti
Beta Team Leader
Hey, I"m glad just to see a poker site with a mac download.. Only other one I know about runs in the browser and hate that..

It does have some charm like 3d players etc. I'm a ninja, how you gonna beat that. ha

Good luck with the site, I hope it takes off for you.

For the record I'm not affiliated with the software, no clue how he tracked down dvdtalk ha.
Old 05-24-05, 12:39 AM

For the record I'm not affiliated with the software, no clue how he tracked down dvdtalk ha.

Uh... www.google.ca

cheers
Fred
Old 05-24-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
It does have some charm like 3d players etc. I'm a ninja, how you gonna beat that. ha
With a pirate?
Old 05-24-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lived3d, what kind of promotions are you going to run to draw real players? IMO, 3d graphics will only draw'in the "For fun" players. Is it a skin, or your own developed software?

I'm guessing your based in Canada, good stuff!
Old 05-29-05, 11:31 PM

Promotions will start once the real servers are set up in our licensed jurisdiction. They will include all the standard fare plus a few you might not be expecting.

The software was developed by Royal Games International and it is the first 3D software of its kind. We are the first licensee of this software.

We are actually based in Curaçao. I am the consultant to the company and I have my offices in Canada.

cheers
Fred
Old 06-12-05, 05:43 PM
lurkr4vr

Hey, Im one of the MAC minority on this board and am glad to see a site that will work on MACS. Any chance I can be included in the beta?
Old 06-13-05, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by MrMarketng
Hey, Im one of the MAC minority on this board and am glad to see a site that will work on MACS.
That's also why I"m hoping it takes off..