Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

House Spiders Do you Leave em alone or Kill em?

Old 05-21-05, 01:42 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

House Spiders Do you Leave em alone or Kill em?

If you see a spider in your house do you kill it or just leave it alone? I just leave it alone They are harmless and don't really do anything so why bother trying to kill it. You?
Old 05-21-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kill!! Kill!!! Kill!!!!
Old 05-21-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it must die. "harmless" or not, i don't want anything crawling on me as i sleep.
Old 05-21-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only kill them if they make a nuisance of themselves. If they're content to sit in their corner, I don't really care. When they start crawling all over the place, including on me, then the Kleenex of Doom(tm) comes into play.
Old 05-21-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have my wife kill them.
Old 05-21-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only thing I really kill is mice whent hey get in. Other then that, the spiders are cool by me.
Old 05-21-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

My wife freaks out. Her heartbeat will seriously rise if I act like I am going to put a spider near her. She could start to cry from it.

So, when she tells me to kill a spider, I do. Sometimes I'll let them crawl on my arm first, just to freak her out.
Old 05-21-05, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Duran
I only kill them if they make a nuisance of themselves. If they're content to sit in their corner, I don't really care. When they start crawling all over the place, including on me, then the Kleenex of Doom(tm) comes into play.

Same here.
Old 05-21-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I let em be...unless they pass the dime test. bigger than a dime and they get tossed outside - alive. They may also get the boot if my daughter sees it and freaks out - but usually i give her the talk about how they are good and help eat the bad bugs like mosquitos....that usually does it.
Old 05-21-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I point at it and say get it. Our miniature schnauzer then happily does his duty.
Old 05-21-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Remember the ear spider?

Old 05-21-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

you....you 'member that time that one lady had a spider in her ear? like with a web and everything? remember that? That was awesome!

Old 05-21-05, 02:55 PM

If my girlfriend sees one, I have no choice but to kill the poor little fella. If I see one by myself, they can stay and hang out for as long as they wish. I'd rather have spiders than flies buzzing around.
Old 05-21-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
leave them alone. they prevent other insect problems
Old 05-21-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I capture it, rip off its legs, scatter them across the room, and smear the body on the center of the ceiling. I think that serves as a sufficient enough warning to other spiders to STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY APARTMENT.

Originally Posted by mikehunt
leave them alone. they prevent other insect problems
I never understood this. Spiders are pretty much the only bugs I've ever seen where ever I live, even if I kill them. And not only can they get around much more easily than most other bugs, but they bite you. With POISON. Fuck that shit.
Old 05-21-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OMG YES!

Last week I cornered one in my basement. My husband was not home so I had to kill the evil beast. I could only get about two feet from it without fainting but I had to kill it. After ten minutes of screaming, a can of hair spray and half a bottle of window cleaner he was dead. Just to make sure he was dead I squished him with one of my husband skis. I was quite proud of myself until my husband came home and made fun me.
Old 05-21-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Death to spiders.

I scoop um in a container and throw um in the toilet. A drop of liquid soap and the viscosity on the water surface disappears and the spider sinks to the bottom, jerking and gasping for air.

Cool.
Old 05-21-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spiders are cool. I like having them around.

If you see spiders in your house, it's because they're getting enough bugs to eat.
Old 05-21-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The evil eight-legged fuckers either get smashed or sucked up in the vacuum cleaner.
Old 05-21-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I get rid of them when I see them. Less cobwebs to deal with. It's a pain in our family room with the high ceilings and windows.
Old 05-21-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually leave them alone but I seem to have a "racism" to some types of aracnids. If they are the thicker type, not thin long daddy long legs then I usually freak out and dispose of them. I need consoling
Old 05-21-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

eat 'em

they die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I appreciate what they do for nature and all but if I see 'um... they're dead. I had one crawl at me on my computer desk a few weeks ago. It was large and it scared the shit out of me. I promptly killed it.
Old 05-21-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since they eat flies and other buggers around the place, we let 'em stay unless we find one in the bed or whatnot, then I'll catch the lil' fellow (or Fellow-ette) in an old plastic instant coffee bottle (with a small rectangular piece of cardboard inside for scooping' 'em up with) that we keep AT THE READY for just such occasions, and then drop them safely outside the window.

Besides, I can't understand why anyone would wanna squish a bug in their home.

I for one don't want bug guts (and or bug gut stains) all over my wall, or on my floor, or on my carpet, so we catch 'em "Live & Wigglin", and let them go, innards and all.

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 05-22-05 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-21-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Duran
This is the correct answer.

(At least, that's what I do.)

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.