Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Suspicious customer- Terroist Related?

Old 05-20-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Suspicious customer- Terroist Related?

I work for a translation company that just got a request to translated a web site for a business (based in the US) that specializes in forged documents
The site: phonydiploma.com

I wouldn't have much of a problem doing the translation, but the request if for the ARABIC language and the region: Saudi Arabia.

Easily- we turned it down.

Suspicious? Something that should be reported to someone?
Why would a US company even think of marketing that stuff in the middle east?
Old 05-20-05, 01:35 PM

People want phony diplomas everywhere, not just terrorists.
Old 05-20-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Terrorists get real diplomas from flight schools.
Old 05-20-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope you don't work in the proofreading department.
Old 05-20-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe the terrorists would stop blowing stuff up if they could get a diploma and a real job...
Old 05-20-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Numanoid
I hope you don't work in the proofreading department.
You got me. How clever.... and wholely original. How do you come up with it? That's just hillarious. Knocking people's quick posts on web site forums. I look like such the fool now because I failed to run the spelling and grammar check. You really got me there. Heck I was just posting an interesting story- totally lacking of humor, and thank god you came in to knock my grammar- whoa, of all the times I've read posings on forums, I didn't see that coming...

I look forward to more of your musings on peoples grammar. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
Old 05-20-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mmconhea
You got me. How clever.... and wholely original. How do you come up with it? That's just hillarious. Knocking people's quick posts on web site forums. I look like such the fool now because I failed to run the spelling and grammar check. You really got me there. Heck I was just posting an interesting story- totally lacking of humor, and thank god you came in to knock my grammar- whoa, of all the times I've read posings on forums, I didn't see that coming...

I look forward to more of your musings on peoples grammar. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?
You know, if those panties are a bit too snug for you... they have them in queen sizes.
Old 05-20-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Meee-owww.
Old 05-20-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lighten up, Francis.
Old 05-20-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You got me. How clever.... and wholly original. How do you come up with it? That's just hilarious. Knocking people's quick posts on web site forums. I look like such the fool now because I failed to run the spelling and grammar check. You really got me there. Heck, I was just posting an interesting story- totally lacking of humor, and thank god you came in to knock my grammar- whoa, of all the times I've read postings on forums, I didn't see that coming...

Fixed. -4 for errors.

I think the point was that we shouldn't be relying on spell checkers to fix our mistakes, but learn the words.
Old 05-20-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You missed the apostrophe in "peoples".

Old 05-20-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry, but due to the spelling error in the title, your entire thread has been invalidated.
Old 05-20-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You got me. How clever.... and wholely wholly original. How do you come up with it? That's just hillarious. Knocking people's quick posts on web site forums. Sentence fragment - consider revising. I look like such the fool now because I failed to run the spelling and grammar check. You really got me there. Heck, I was just posting an interesting story - totally lacking of humor parenthetical expression - you should include a hypen on both sides - and thank god God you came in to knock my grammar - whoa, of all the times I've read posings postings on forums, I didn't see that coming... run-on sentence - consider revising

I look forward to more of your musings on peoples people's grammar. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? Ending with a proposition - consider "do you have a newsetter to which I can subscribe?"
Made a few changes - hope this helps.
Old 05-20-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also believe that "Web site" is proper AP form, not "web site." I would assume a translation company uses AP style.
Old 05-20-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Moving to the "Unintentional self-denigration" Forum.