Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Foamy hand soap! It's all around us!

Old 05-17-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Foamy hand soap! It's all around us!

Anyone else noticed the change in hand soap in public restrooms going to more of a foamy mixture? Thought this was only a restaurant bathroom conspiracy until my wife brought home a bottle that works the same way. I guess it's a way to save money. Kind of like it. (now back to more important issues).........
Old 05-17-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been using the foamy Dial for the past few years. It's great. It cuts out a lot of the work for you since it comes "pre-foamed".
Old 05-17-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
...a bottle that works the same way.
A grocery store purchase? Or...

My wife bought one at a "Pampered Chef party" (you married guys must know what this is) but it fell on our tiled kitchen floor and cracked. You would fill it a little with liquid soap, then the rest with water. I was kinda liking it (until then).

I'm still not sure about the "quick dry" antibacterial stuff at the gas station. I realize it's mostly alcohol, but I'm not sure what kind of residue it leaves on my hands when I am done.
Old 05-17-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
A grocery store purchase? Or...
Plastic bottle from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Geez, The Bus... you've been using foamy Dial for a couple of years? I have never seen this stuff until maybe a half year ago. I think it's a great idea.
Old 05-17-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Geez, The Bus... you've been using foamy Dial for a couple of years? I have never seen this stuff until maybe a half year ago. I think it's a great idea.
The... uh... Wal-Mart around here has had it for a while. I've used it even before, I think my parents had it and that was before I moved here, so it's been at least two years. Bath & Body Works has had them for a while but I feel like theirs run out a lot quicker. The Dial has a nice enough smell.

Yay soap!
Old 05-17-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah! Thanks! I'll try there. Hasta be cheaper than Pampered Chef, and we always have those 20% off coupons in the mail.

Do you ever see Alton Brown there? Do you go to the one in Alpharetta?
Old 05-17-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huh? People actually wash their hands after using a public restroom? Wow!
Old 05-17-05, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
I've been using the foamy Dial for the past few years. It's great. It cuts out a lot of the work for you since it comes "pre-foamed".
Same here. I like to buy the big refill bottle at Wal*Mart but couldn't find it last time.
Old 05-17-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah! Thanks! I'll try there. Hasta be cheaper than Pampered Chef, and we always have those 20% off coupons in the mail.
Y2K Falcon... I *think* it's Bed, Bath and Beyond. The Bus mentioned Bath & Body Works so I might be getting them confused. I'm not the soap buyer in the house!
Old 05-17-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
It cuts out a lot of the work for you since it comes "pre-foamed".
That's a relief. Maybe now I can finally wash my hands without breaking a sweat.
Old 05-17-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Y2K Falcon... I *think* it's Bed, Bath and Beyond. The Bus mentioned Bath & Body Works so I might be getting them confused. I'm not the soap buyer in the house!
Since you said an empty plastic bottle, I'm betting you are right with BB&B. I wouldn't figure B&BW to sell anything empty.

Well, one of them is a giant store that sells pots and pans, and towels, and sheets, and george foreman grills, and those foam memory thingies for your bed, and the things that you can make snow-cones with... Oh, and oddly enough, vintage candy at the register. When I squint, you can't tell it apart from a Linens and Things. It looks like this:

The other sells no food or food-related items. Just baskets of foamy things, and salts for your bathtub , and all sorts of lotions (to put in the basket), and smells like a Victoria Secret, only without the thought you might see someone hot through a dressing room door. No self respecting straight man would be caught near one, unless within 3 days of Christmas, spouse/s.o. birthday, or anniversay. It looks like this:
Old 05-17-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We've had a similar product at the hospital for quite a while. They are hanging everywhere including just inside of the door where people go outside to smoke.
Old 05-18-05, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

[QUOTE=Y2K Falcon]No self respecting straight man would be caught near one, unless within 3 days of Christmas, spouse/s.o. birthday, or anniversay. [QUOTE/]

I had to laugh at this because I actually like to use the aftershave gel they sell for men there. However, I loathe going there to purchase it, so that is usually my wife's job.

One time, I actually had a 'George Costanza' moment when I tried to buy it. I was looking for it and couldn't find it so I was forced to actually speak with a salesperson (oh the shame). Yet, when the time came to ask for it I completely froze up and for some stupid reason made up a story about how I was buying it as a gift for someone. I have no idea why this happened, I am usually not too embarassed by stuff like this, it was quite strange. I now shop at one of their other stores in town for my shaving needs...
Old 05-18-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, you made up for your embarrasment by conjuring up a story about how you are getting men's aftershave as a gift for another man?
Old 05-18-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nazz
We've had a similar product at the hospital for quite a while. They are hanging everywhere including just inside of the door where people go outside to smoke.
I'm confused... I thought we were talking about foamy, yet regular soap, where the special dispenser makes the foam, not that mostly-alcohol no-rinse stuff. This stuff would still need to be rinsed off. Is there a sink for the smokers???
Old 05-18-05, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This guy doesn't like the foamy soap so much:

Personally, I like the Dial foamy soap. Started using it about three months ago and I have less dried soap goop in my sink. I need to check out some of the Bed, Bath and Beyond stuff.
Old 05-18-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So, you made up for your embarrasment by conjuring up a story about how you are getting men's aftershave as a gift for another man?
Yep, that was pretty much what happened. Like I said, it was strange, I think I was possessed or something.
Old 05-18-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My kids like the foamy stuff. I like it because it encourages them to clean their disease-ridden paws.