Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Public bathroom question

Other Talk "Otterville"
View Poll Results: Do you use paper arse gaskets?
Yes
44.83%
No
46.55%
Twikoff is my gasket.
8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Public bathroom question

Old 05-06-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Public bathroom question

I actually use a few of em.
Old 05-06-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 05-06-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I think he's talking about those sheets of papers that you put on the toilet seat when you are scared of germs and that type of shit.

I don't. Toilets are actually very clean. Germs don't live on your ass. So I see no reason why to use one.
Old 05-06-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't take a shit in public places. I have my body finely tuned to take a dump between the hours of 9 and 11am. And work isn't a public place. I just can't go in a public toilet. It's not the seat I'm worried about it's my pants touching the floor under the toilet that makes me sick.
Old 05-06-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
yes
or I improvise with paper towels or toilet paper
but I only shit in public when absolutely necessary.

Last edited by mikehunt; 05-06-05 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-06-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mopower
It's not the seat I'm worried about it's my pants touching the floor under the toilet that makes me sick.
I admit that I do use public toilets from time to time, this is my biggest problem as well...
Old 05-06-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Toilets are actually very clean. Germs don't live on your ass. So I see no reason why to use one.
Because you're sitting where I was just peeing. Not to mention what I just did when I wasn't sitting down fully and had the runs. Whooooo boy!
Old 05-06-05, 12:44 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Because you're sitting where I was just peeing. Not to mention what I just did when I wasn't sitting down fully and had the runs. Whooooo boy!
Old 05-06-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I think he's talking about those sheets of papers that you put on the toilet seat when you are scared of germs and that type of shit.

I don't. Toilets are actually very clean. Germs don't live on your ass. So I see no reason why to use one.
what public bathrooms do you go to where the toilets are very clean?
maybe if you got lucky and were the first person in the bathroom after it was cleaned, assuming it was cleaned by someone who actually cared
Old 05-06-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 84 Likes on 57 Posts
I squat. My quads are huge.
Old 05-06-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Eh. I'm a germaphobe, but you encounter as many germs on a door handle as you do on a toilet seat. And I don't touch my eyes, mouth, etc. with my ass, so it's not a big deal to me. If it's visibly disgusting I won't use it, but if it looks clean I'll survive.
Old 05-06-05, 01:18 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Hell no. Especially if the toilet has just been used and the seat is still warm. Comfy!
Old 05-06-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The biggest problems are:

A) Relative anonymity.
B) Knowing you don't have to clean it up what you leave.

Okay... Business idea for anyone who wants to go in on it with me:

1) Location wants to provide better restroom services for their customer, so they subscribe to the RM4PH service. Only customers who are current RM4PH customers may use their facilities, but registation will be easily available for new customers.

2) Customer swipes their RM4PH card to enter the facility.

3) If customer is not pleased with the way the facility is found, they may submit feedback. This feedback rating will influence the previous person(s) who entered, the facility itself, or other factors depending on sequences events and advanced RM4PH formulas.

4) Location may specify a minimum "approval" rating that allows customers to use their facilities. Users who fall below this level will not be admitted. Users may only improve their RM4PH approval rating (which is tied to a social security or passport number of course) by performing a given amount of restroom cleaning services at a certified RM4PH location.

There you have it... accountability and restitution. Obviously customers can check their current ratings or leave feedback at any time by visiting www.<b>R</b>ate<b>M</b>y<b>P</b>oo<b>P</b>oo<b>P</b>ee<b>P</b>ee<b>H</b>abits.com

Who's in?!

Last edited by Th0r S1mpson; 05-06-05 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-06-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, I don't use those things. If the bathroom is really that nasty then I just go find a tree to pee behind.
Old 05-06-05, 01:59 PM

Kittydreamer Nah, I don't use those things. If the bathroom is really that nasty then I just go find a tree to pee behind.
But are you actually peeing infront of the tree or behind it?
Old 05-06-05, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Always! Need some piece of mind when I am forced to use one for that particular task!
Old 05-06-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Public toilets should always be considered a NO Dump Zone.
That business should be taken care of while at home.

Nothing worse then going in for a quick whiz and someone has just fouled up the whole place by dropping a disgusting load.
Old 05-06-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have learned to squat ever since needing to go to the bathroom on a public train station with a broken toilet when I was 6 and I had to go.

If I don't see "flecks" I will usually sit down though.
Old 05-06-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
I have learned to squat ever since needing to go to the bathroom on a public train station with a broken toilet when I was 6 and I had to go.

If I don't see "flecks" I will usually sit down though.
Yeah, .. and I hear that it is common for those of some cultures (especially those with open public rest rooms with holes in the ground) to squat for a living. Anyhoo .. there was this one time (in band camp) where someone in my department at work found a wall covered in chunky, stinking, brown matter on the wall (Thank goodness it was the girl's room) and cleaned it all up (not sure what her previous work experience was). So .. that said, actually, not sure what my point was .. than, that was one helluva hilarious day full of one liners and stories. Otherwise, with what's going on in those public toilets in mind, ... Hell, I still won't use those paper things. I'm more afraid of nailing the paper and then getting it all on myself through the removal process, since you can't just flush em. I'll take my chances and trust my own immune system.
Old 05-06-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a sick, sick thread.
Old 05-06-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 128 Likes on 81 Posts
I use 2 sheets always. Luckily I usually will have to go after the cleaning person has been there so I feel relatively safe.

Now what I really hate is when the water splashes right on my chocolate starfish when I drop a Cosby Kid into the pool.

Robert Schimmel has great bit about doing this at Airport restrooms.
Old 05-06-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If I use the public toilet, I almost always use it for peeing. So I don't sit on the seat and have no need of the paper. But if I need to sit on the seat in public toilet, I always use the paper if they provide it.
Old 05-06-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by melbatoast
This is a sick, sick thread.
Word. This thread be da bomb.
Old 05-07-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I try not to use public restrooms, but when i do I use the seat covers.
Old 05-07-05, 11:57 AM

there was a penn and teller: bullshit episode where they proved that if the toilet looks clean, it is and those paper gasket things are a waste.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.