Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

So who's the oldest able bodied person you know who still live at home?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 05-04-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a cousin (27) who still lives with his dad, I don't what he'll do when his dad dies.
Old 05-04-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
So, "at home" means with parents?
Old 05-04-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dtsc.
Old 05-04-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Seeker
So, "at home" means with parents?
yeah
Old 05-04-05, 06:48 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
My grandmother lives with my parents. She's 99.
Old 05-04-05, 06:57 PM

I just moved out from living with my dad, at age 43. I'm 44 now and love living alone!

Chris
Old 05-04-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pedagogue
Dtsc.
Youngest and shortest

For me, it would be a friend of a friend. He is 38 years old lives with his parents, can't hold a job, has a 4 year old son that his parents raise, and it is simply sad.
Old 05-04-05, 07:02 PM

A good friend of mine is in his mid-50s, and lives with his parents. He's a public school teacher with more than a decade of experience, plays in a couple of bands, dates many women (ranging in age from 50s to 20s) and is accompanied on vacations overseas by them often. When he was a full-time, touring musician he lived on his own, but moved back in with his parents once he "settled down". He's thought of buying a house, but I think he'd rather just spend his money on travelling to England or China every year, and also on the ladies.
Old 05-04-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bandoman
My grandmother lives with my parents. She's 99.
Doesn't count. Your parents, on the other hand might. Aren't they old enough to leave your grandmother's place?

Seriously, though - I think this whole 'moving away from the family home' is actually a fairly recent thing. We look at people moving out of the family home at 19 or 20 as being normal and think that someone who stays at home until they're 30 (or later) as being sad, but it's actually only a fairly recent occurance.

While I can't find any concrete evidence, I think that it's really only been since the second world war that we expect our kids to leave home so young AND consider them the normal ones.
Old 05-04-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know a 50+ dude who lives with his dad. Occasionally, I share stories here about it.
Old 05-04-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll have to ask my roommate how old his uncle is because he lives with his mother (next door to me) and still steals money from her and blames it on other people. I'd guess he was in his 40s or 50s. It's kinda pathetic.
Old 05-04-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think your friend should meet my friend.
Old 05-04-05, 08:00 PM

What if your parents are living with you?

My mother is blind with one leg and my father has had a couple strokes lowering his mental capacity. They are currently staying here, but I am working on getting them out on their own or in some kind of home because I can't handle the stress of taking care of them anymore, working and going to school fulltime.

If I told you some of the stories I have about the weirdness of my father you would see why I need them to leave ASAP.
Old 05-04-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I think your friend should meet my friend.
Why did you assume that his friend is a homosexual?
Old 05-04-05, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm missing something.

Where did I say I wanted my friend and Trigger's friend to have awesome anal sex which could result in a great homosexual relationship, and possibly even a marriage certificate from Hawaii.

All I said was they should meet.

Now, if I said: "I think your friend should MEAT my friend", then you'd have something to stand on.
Old 05-04-05, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk God

My cousin just moved out of his parents house into his new house w/ his fiance. He is 34 I think.
Old 05-04-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
my cousin is 30 lives at home
has a bachelors degree too
other than her time at college she has never lived on her own
Old 05-04-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wendersfan
A good friend of mine is in his mid-50s, and lives with his parents. He's a public school teacher with more than a decade of experience, plays in a couple of bands, dates many women (ranging in age from 50s to 20s) and is accompanied on vacations overseas by them often. When he was a full-time, touring musician he lived on his own, but moved back in with his parents once he "settled down". He's thought of buying a house, but I think he'd rather just spend his money on travelling to England or China every year, and also on the ladies.
What I want to know is what woman in their right mind would date a guy that old that's living with his parents?? Do they think that's hot?
Old 05-04-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My friend is 26 and still lives at home. Has a 2004 Silverado and drives 60 miles to work every day. You'd think he'd buy a house closer to work? Yeah, I don't get it either.
Old 05-04-05, 11:02 PM

I'm half mexican, and as such have many mexican cousins in Mexico. There it is common practice to stay with your parents until you're married, so therefore I have many cousins in their 30s or 40s still living with their parents. Hell, even when they do move out, they usually just move down the street. Family tis 'portant over there.
Old 05-04-05, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know a guy who is 38 and lives with his parents. He had gotten married a few years ago and moved out, but it only lasted about a year because his mother babied him more than his wife did. Seriously. He moved back, and doesn't cook or clean or do laundry. His mother will even spoon-feed him medicine. He works part time as a stockboy in Pathmark supermarket, a job he's had since he was 16, and also works part time for Nabisco, stocking shelves with cookies for other supermarkets.
Old 05-04-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

If my Mother hadn't died I'd probably still live at home.
Old 05-04-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My uncle lives at home still and he's 49.
Old 05-04-05, 11:59 PM

upstairs neighbour lives with his parents, must be between 45-50 and i overheard the father say that as soon as his wife dies, zoooom, he's out of there... couldn't care less about his 45-50ish y/o son
Old 05-05-05, 05:15 AM

I know a guy who is 28 and still lives with his dad. He had never been able to hold down a job for very long until recently when he worked as an assistant manager at a gaming shop. Heck he even got a raise from $7.25 to $7.50/hour. Unfortunately the store had to downsize from 5 to 4 employees and he got the axe. He has been moping on his ass collecting unemployment for the last couple months.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.