Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Verizon "British Invasion" ringtones

Old 05-03-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Verizon "British Invasion" ringtones

I have Verizon for a cell provider, I've used Modtones within the "Get it Now" feature to find a couple of cool ringtones....within the last month or two they've added the "British Invasion" ringtones. Has anyone used them? They see just a BIT pricey....$2.39 or ONE USE!!! My actualy question is whether or not there's a decent selection of tracks. Thanks.
Old 05-04-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Download MyTonz. Buy one use (1.99). Let me know once you've done that. Then I will continue.
Old 05-04-05, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I downloaded MyTonz and Modtones at the end of December of 2004, during wone of there short-assed preview periods, perused both songlists, I wasn't too impressed with MyTonz, obviously I went with Modtones, so far I've downloaded A-ha's "Take on Me" the theme to Peter Gunn and the theme to Halloween. Xringer is ok better than MyTonz probably on par with Modtones. Hope that helps, if not....oh well.
Old 05-09-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

guess not....
Old 05-09-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know it's a bit complicated, but using the myvz feature you can send yourself MP3 ringtones. I don't remember exactly how to do it, but that's how I got custom ringtones on my phone. I did them beforehand in FruityLoops, converted to mp3, and uploaded.
Old 05-09-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find it funny that people are willing to pay more for a ringtone than a full version of the song on iTunes. Hell I still know people who refuse to pay to download music but will happily spend up a storm on ring tones.
FWIW, I just use Midi ringtones on my phone. I can get any midi off the internet and transfer it to the phone for free via my data cable. Sure they're not as cool as "real music" ringtones but the price sure is right.
Old 05-09-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
guess not....
Sorry I lost track of the thread. The thing about MyTonz is a trick to get unlimited ringtones for only buying one use. If you want to get the program back on your phone, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.
Old 05-09-05, 07:01 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just make your own ringtones.
Old 06-15-05, 02:01 PM
lurkr4vr

Here's a hint I read on Howardforums. The Walmart online CD store has a ton of Cd's. If you click on a CD title you find little preview samples of every song on the CD. These previews are exactly 30 seconds long and in MP3 format. Bingo - free ringtones. I've got a bunch of stuff from on there. With the number of CD's they have you can find exactly what you want with a little bit of searching. I've got the James Bond intro with the gunshot and everything. Scares the crap out of people when the gun goes off.
Old 06-15-05, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by MrMarketng
Here's a hint I read on Howardforums. The Walmart online CD store has a ton of Cd's. If you click on a CD title you find little preview samples of every song on the CD. These previews are exactly 30 seconds long and in MP3 format. Bingo - free ringtones.
How does one go about doing this?
Old 06-15-05, 02:51 PM
lurkr4vr

Straightforward actually. Go to walmart.com. Enter the Music Section. Enter the CD store. Type in the name of a album, song, artist whatever. When you click on the name it brings up a list of songs. Next to each song is a 30 second MP3 preview. Right click and save. Boom - instant mp3 rington.

For example, follow the link below. It's just some random CD. But you can see how it works.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A4104%3A202050
Old 06-15-05, 02:53 PM
lurkr4vr

Oh. This does assume that you have some way of sending it from yoru computer to the phone. I don't know how the non bluetooth phones work but my RAZR connects to my powerbook through bluetooth. I download the 30 second samples to my laptop and send them to my phone using bluetooth.