Letter From Scott Peterson's Father

Old 05-03-05, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Letter From Scott Peterson's Father

http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letter...11221308c.html

A Letter From Scott Peterson's Father

Last Updated: May 3, 2005, 06:29:44 AM PDT

Investigation a $4.13M lie
Concerning the article "Peterson's final tab $4.13M" (April 22, Page A-1), it is time for some truth to be told. Modesto citizens bore the cost of the police department investigation and trial to put an innocent man on death row.

Ron Grantski says the investigation was done professionally; ergo, a conviction was forthcoming. That is utter nonsense. The detectives in this case were anything but professional. They leaked lies to the media from day one.

For example, a life insurance policy which was two years old was reported to the media to be just days old.

The Modesto Police Department failed to follow up on solid leads and sightings. These leads did not fit the MPD's scenario. The police deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence a woman saw Laci at the warehouse where the boat was kept. That would account for the single hair found in the boat, a hair that might have been Laci's.

Expenditures of $4 million and the MPD, FBI and Department of Justice came up with one hair, which possibly belonged to Laci and which could have been where it was found by any number of means.

My son has no history of violence or a police record that suggests he could be capable of anything like this. My son was convicted by the media, mostly because of lies leaked by the MPD. Pressure was brought to solve this crime (and) pin it on someone so the MPD wouldn't look inept. The MPD gave in to this pressure.

My son was convicted because he had an affair. He was convicted by a jury full of hatred because of the way Scott was vilified in the media.

He was convicted because of public opinion. Scott was not convicted of this crime under the standards required by law. The evidence presented did not meet the standards required to convict.

Consider: There was no cause of death, no crime scene, no motive, not a shred of evidence in the home or truck, no background of abuse, not even a harsh word was heard from Scott to Laci by any witness including Sharon Rocha or Laci's siblings or friends.

The media manipulates our justice system in this country, and all you folks out there (especially in Modesto) should be scared as hell of what could happen to you and your families in this atmosphere of police corruption and media bias.

The Modesto Police Department, by its behavior, made it clear it cared not one whit about truth or justice. The detectives and the chief were only interested in self-aggrandizement and their own careers.

The power these people have (and utterly misused) is awesome. Because of them, a man is on death row and a family is hurting beyond all comprehension.

Scott will be freed through the appellate process in time, mark my words. He is innocent, innocent, innocent.

LEE PETERSON

Solana Beach
=============================================
Wow, if this guy thinks the media and not the evidence against him convicted his son, then he and (and Jackie) is really blinded by his love for his son.
Old 05-03-05, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hmmm.
Old 05-03-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

While I certainly don't agree with all the Dad said, I have to admit I really thought he would get off. Not because I thought he was innocent, but because of the lack of evidence. Even tho I did not follow the trial daily, I never did hear of a solid piece of evidence against him.
Old 05-03-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
granted I didn't pay much attention to the case on the news, but I didn't hear anything nearly concrete enough to convict
Old 05-03-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The fact there was an eye witness (a friend actually) who saw Scott with a large carpet rolled up in the back of his truck at a stop light which was about to fall off, and Scott refused adamantly to let the neighbor help, then sped off in his truck, is enough for me.
Old 05-03-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

could the life insurance policy had been a few days old the day she died, but a few years old the day scott's father wrote that?

police don't follow leads that have nothing to do with the key suspects.

Indeed, everyone on trial for murder is innocent if they have never been convicted of anything before... we should release him.

I don't know much about the trial, but this letter isn't gonna do much.
Old 05-03-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Scott will be freed through the appellate process in time, mark my words. He is innocent, innocent, innocent.
Old 05-03-05, 10:22 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
"Scott will be freed through the appellate process in time, mark my words. He is innocent, innocent, innocent.
He must be referring to some form of afterlife.

So Scott's dad lives in Solana Beach? Nice place! Now is this the current husband of Scott's creepy mother or his biological father?
Old 05-03-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I'm so easily influenced by the last thing I hear/read.

INNOCENT!
Old 05-03-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought his was gonna say something like, "boat and locker box for sale. Serious applicants only, please."
Old 05-03-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
The fact there was an eye witness (a friend actually) who saw Scott with a large carpet rolled up in the back of his truck at a stop light which was about to fall off, and Scott refused adamantly to let the neighbor help, then sped off in his truck, is enough for me.
ok. if I had heard that bit during the trial I would be more likely to convict
Old 05-03-05, 10:54 PM

Old 05-04-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Your kidding right????
Old 05-04-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Damn, I don't believe I would want you on my jury. Admittedly, it may not look good, but there are a hell of a lot of explanations that don't involve him killing his wife.
Old 05-04-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Don't worry kvrdave. If you killed some non-paying tenants, izzz all gewd wid me.

Sdallnct,

I can't remember if she testified for the prosecution. However, I did read the statement she made. Knowing the prosecution, they probably thought it wasn't important.

Regardless of my obvious bias thinking that Scott was guilty, I am sure there is evidence which points to him as the murderer. I mean really, this guy is a white OJ.

Excerpt from a CourtTV quote:

Two weeks after his pregnant wife went missing, Scott Peterson made three suspicious trips to the bay where her body was ultimately found, a detective testified Thursday morning.

Modesto Police Detective Al Brocchini, the lead investigator in the disappearance of Laci Peterson, said surveillance teams tailed Peterson to the San Francisco Bay Jan. 5, 6 and 9.

On each occasion, Peterson parked at the Berkeley Marina and "stared into the bay" for a few minutes before driving away, the detective told Superior Court Judge Al Girolami.

Peterson never took his own SUV on the trips and on two occasions rented vehicles immediately before setting out for the hour and a half-long drive, the detective testified. He also said that, when Peterson discovered police were following him as he returned from the Bay Jan. 6, he began "driving erratically" in an effort to lose them.

I mean really, the dude is guilty. If anyone has any substantial evidence which says NO, then please provide it.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 05-04-05 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-04-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't worry kvrdave. If you killed some non-paying tenants, izzz all gewd wid me.

Sdallnct,

I can't remember if she testified for the prosecution. However, I did read the statement she made. Knowing the prosecution, they probably thought it wasn't important.

Regardless of my obvious bias thinking that Scott was guilty, I am sure there is evidence which points to him as the murderer. I mean really, this guy is a white OJ.

Excerpt from a CourtTV quote:

Two weeks after his pregnant wife went missing, Scott Peterson made three suspicious trips to the bay where her body was ultimately found, a detective testified Thursday morning.

Modesto Police Detective Al Brocchini, the lead investigator in the disappearance of Laci Peterson, said surveillance teams tailed Peterson to the San Francisco Bay Jan. 5, 6 and 9.

On each occasion, Peterson parked at the Berkeley Marina and "stared into the bay" for a few minutes before driving away, the detective told Superior Court Judge Al Girolami.

Peterson never took his own SUV on the trips and on two occasions rented vehicles immediately before setting out for the hour and a half-long drive, the detective testified. He also said that, when Peterson discovered police were following him as he returned from the Bay Jan. 6, he began "driving erratically" in an effort to lose them.

I mean really, the dude is guilty. If anyone has any substantial evidence which says NO, then please provide it.
Ah "...any substantial evidence which says no..."? What country are we in again???

Look I really have no opinion on if he ACTUALLY did it or not. He very well may have. But our court system is not set up for guilt or innocent but what can be proved and what cannot be proved (someone mentioned OJ before, that is a pime example).

Knowing someone did something means nothing, it must be proved. And all I said was I have heard nothing that would PROVE he did it. Acting weird, driving to the bay, having an affair, all sounds bad. But IMHO, it doesn't sound like proof he killed anyone.

Since he was convicted, I hope in fact he did it. And if he did do it, then he is in jail and so be it. At least in the OJ case we had blood, DNA, etc, etc, here (as far as I know) we got nothing here other then when he drove around he "looked suspicous".
Old 05-04-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Peterson Lover.
Old 05-04-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Old 05-04-05, 09:48 AM

Yes, innocent people change their appearence and gather large amounts of cash in order to flee the country all the time.
Old 05-04-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just imagine if OJ changed his hair color to blonde. OMG, I'd let him go just for that.
Old 05-04-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think he did it. His behavior that was witnessed spoke loudly of his guilt, IMO. Even all the stuff that he did with whats-her-name. Being on the phone, telling her he was in Paris while at a candlelight vigil for Laci? He was dirty. DIRTY I TELL YOU!
Old 05-04-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Peterson Lover.
Actually personally I think he did do it. Why? I have faith in our justice system. Well most of the time.

And this is going to sound terrible, but I'm more interesting in the process then the individual players (tho obviously it is terrible what happened).

It is just today with todays media, it seems sooner or later very specific details come out (see MJ and OJ), yet I have heard no specific details that are typical of getting a conviction on murder.
Old 05-04-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yes, innocent people change their appearence and gather large amounts of cash in order to flee the country all the time.
Honestly if you were innocent yet it looked obvious you were going to be charged and convicted what would you do? Just go to jail?

In this country "looking odd" or "acting" or "be being weird" does not (or should not) be used against you. I mean I'm sure even innocent people act weird if they are being investigated, being followed, etc.

Again, I'm sure he did do it, I'm just surprised they got a conviction on what I have been hearing. But of course, there could have been a lot more in the trial that just hasn't come out yet.
Old 05-04-05, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Honestly if you were innocent yet it looked obvious you were going to be charged and convicted what would you do? Just go to jail?
If I were charged with a crime I didn't commit, you'd better believe I'd fight to clear my name, and not sneak out of the country. Most innocent people, when accused of a crime, do not flee.
Old 05-04-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
If I were charged with a crime I didn't commit, you'd better believe I'd fight to clear my name, and not sneak out of the country. Most innocent people, when accused of a crime, do not flee.
? Wait is that serious Groucho? I'm so confused...

If I were innocent I think I would have a hard time believing that I would be convicted no matter what the press was saying about me... and I certainly wouldn't attempt to flee.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.