Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Anyone drink Pepsi for the free Itunes songs?

Old 04-27-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone drink Pepsi for the free Itunes songs?

How often do you win? I thought it was 1/3 wins. I drank 3 pepsi's in the last few weeks and they all were losers. I'm not much of a soda drinker but what kind of luck does everyone else have?
Old 04-27-05, 08:35 PM

You're not much of a soda drinker and you're buying Pepsi just for the songs?

Why not just pay .99 cents for one on iTunes instead of dropping $1.25 for the soda?
Old 04-27-05, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i drink pepsi because it is sweet nectar to my soul..

Old 04-27-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SeekOnce
You're not much of a soda drinker and you're buying Pepsi just for the songs?

Why not just pay .99 cents for one on iTunes instead of dropping $1.25 for the soda?
You haven't been to Costco and looked at the iTune freaks there. It's quite sad.
Old 04-27-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's pretty easy to tell the what is a winner before you buy it. The last time they had this, there was a site that showed you how to tilt it and what to look for. It adds about 30 seconds to the time it takes to buy one. So I get a song 100% of the time, unless I use a vending machine. For those I was right around 1/3. I'd have some stretches where you'd get 4 losers in a row, but then I'd get 2 winners.
Old 04-27-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I will not be bought.
Old 04-27-05, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry, I'm not an uber-yuppie/nerd that takes pride in his way overpriced "look at me I'm trendy" music box.
Old 04-28-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i did, but it was just to piss Brainstew off.

Old 04-28-05, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I get them in the afternoon at work pretty often and for a while I was on a roll -- like 8/9, but then the last 4 or so have all been no-go's. Very disappointing.

It's handy for picking up the occasional single.
Old 04-28-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pepsi is a foul, foul beverage, made up of the tears of lost children. It dessicates your soul, plus it tastes bad.

I hate it, in other words.
Old 04-28-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Sorry, I'm not an uber-yuppie/nerd that takes pride in his way overpriced "look at me I'm trendy" music box.
You don't need an iPod to use iTunes. I have 8700 songs in iTunes (about 24 days worth) which can be streamed to any room in my house.

That being said, I drink Pepsi anyway and just grab one. I only had one winner though.
Old 04-28-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
I will not be bought.
But can you be sold?
Old 04-28-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got 17 winners last year; this year not nearly so many (only about 12) and believe me I've been looking. And I like Pepsi anyway.

I've even condescended to rooting in trash bins for the random used bottle to check out the cap...

Last edited by Foole; 04-28-05 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-28-05, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by CRM114
You don't need an iPod to use iTunes. I have 8700 songs in iTunes (about 24 days worth) which can be streamed to any room in my house.

That being said, I drink Pepsi anyway and just grab one. I only had one winner though.

What do you use to stream the tunes? I've thought about getting a Roku Soundbridge but they ain't cheap. For now I bought an extra iPod dock and hooked it into my basement HT system and hook my pod to it...works well and cheap, but I'm always looking for alternatives.

'tis a cool device though:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=612CX30YZEHY
Old 04-28-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Foole
What do you use to stream the tunes? I've thought about getting a Roku Soundbridge but they ain't cheap. For now I bought an extra iPod dock and hooked it into my basement HT system and hook my pod to it...works well and cheap, but I'm always looking for alternatives.

'tis a cool device though:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...d=612CX30YZEHY
For the two main stereo/HT systems in the house, I use Tivos. They can locate the Tivo Desktop/iTunes server in the basement. I prefer the Tivo method because I like having a large and easy to use interface to select albums. It means you have to have the TV on (at least when you make the selection) but thats fine with me. The Tivo Desktop interfaces with iTunes perfectly and can use its playlists and even Smart Playlists. The iTunes playlist compatibility is a Mac only feature AFAIK.

For the rest of the house, I have ethernet ports in every room so any computer in the house can use built-in Rendezvous sharing of iTunes.

The only other thing I'd consider is using an Airport Express and Airtunes. Instead of a TV, I'd have to have a computer or laptop handy.

I like the concept of the Roku unit but I'm not thrilled about reading the tiny display. Navigating a large collection is hard enough on a big TV screen.
Old 04-28-05, 09:34 AM

I drink a lot of Diet Pepsi and have noticed it is really streaky win a bunch in a row and then lose a bunch. WHat's nice is all of my family knows I am using the codes so when they get one they give it to me.
Old 04-28-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I drink Mountain Dew every day (if i don't the headaches start to set in) and i used to get a winner about 1/3 but lately i have been going like 7 caps for every 1 winner.
Old 04-28-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't think anyone paid to download songs.
Old 04-28-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I didn't think anyone paid to download songs.
Yeah. The whole stealing music/Napster bit is soooo 90's. It is hip to be legit.
Old 04-28-05, 11:05 AM

It's easy to pick the winners on a pepsi bottle, but a bit harder to do on a Mountain Dew because of the tinted plastic. I've bought about 50 sodas since the start of the promotion and they've all been winners. I'm a Coke drinker, but I'm more of a free music fan than a brand loyalist. I've since gone back to drinking my preferred beverage (Diet Coke).

How to always win (in case you couldn't figure it out yourself):

http://www.macmerc.com/news/archives/1270
Old 04-28-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah. The whole stealing music/Napster bit is soooo 90's. It is hip to be legit.

this Itunes thing even made my wife legit

she used to buy CD's for $5 on NYC streets from the scam vendors selling burnt copies. Since we got the Ipod she has only bought music from Itunes
Old 04-28-05, 01:03 PM
Stealth Moderator

I drink Pepsi, because it's free (at work).
Old 04-28-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Abranut
It's easy to pick the winners on a pepsi bottle, but a bit harder to do on a Mountain Dew because of the tinted plastic. I've bought about 50 sodas since the start of the promotion and they've all been winners. I'm a Coke drinker, but I'm more of a free music fan than a brand loyalist. I've since gone back to drinking my preferred beverage (Diet Coke).

How to always win (in case you couldn't figure it out yourself):

http://www.macmerc.com/news/archives/1270
i tried this an hour ago and it didn't work. Too much condensation. I think I'll need to work on this.
Old 04-28-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by B.A.
But can you be sold?

It depends on the offer.
Old 04-28-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just buy cds. I'm not down with the pay downloads since I don't get the artwork or the rest of the album and so on. That stuff is important to me. Maybe if I ever get an ipod or something, I might do the itunes thing.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.