Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Things to do in St.Paul/Minneapolis?

Old 04-26-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Things to do in St.Paul/Minneapolis?

I will be there for a week in June and was wondering if anybody had some good recommendations. Also, anything of interest in the Rochester/Winona area would also be welcome suggestions.
Old 04-26-05, 03:50 PM

We discussed this recently, at least about the Twin Cities area...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376709

As for Winona/Rochester..... umm, not much there. The Mayo Clinic is but, unless you need a heart transplant or something, probably wouldn't be real exciting.
Old 04-26-05, 03:53 PM

Are you coming here by yourself or with others.....

There are many things to do...museums abound and other artsy stuff, baseball, bars, some other otters that you could hang with.
Old 04-26-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PeMo
As for Winona/Rochester..... umm, not much there. The Mayo Clinic is but, unless you need a heart transplant or something, probably wouldn't be real exciting.
Yeah, there isn't much excitement to be had in Rochester. Hmmm... Well, we have an Olive Garden now... that's kind of exciting, right?
Old 04-26-05, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There ain't SH*T ta do in Rochester for night life, unless you're a hoody looking to boost some wheels. Winonais retirement capital of the world...*yawn*. You're better off driving the extra 2 hours and going to minneapolis toward Uptown or downton if you want something interesting to do.
Old 04-26-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Yeah, there isn't much excitement to be had in Rochester. Hmmm... Well, we have an Olive Garden now... that's kind of exciting, right?
Also have a Macaroni Grill which I think is a step up from the Olive Garden. Not really much going on in Rochester but the Mayo Clinic is something to see if you are interested. They have free tours of the Clinic and talk about its history. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend you spend any time in Rochester.

As for Minneapolis, head down to the area around the Target Center. All kinds of bars and clubs along with movie theaters, etc. It's got a little something for everyone.

Last edited by Ketamine; 04-26-05 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-26-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't forget to hit the Mall of America if you've never seen it before. Pretty cool to see it at least once.
Old 04-26-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mall of America, IKEA, the Uptown area, Lake Calhoun, downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, catch a show, go to a club...tons to do.
Old 04-26-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're into art, you can check out the new Walker Art Center near downtown. I was there last week for awhile and it was spiffy, looking forward to going back.

Or you can watch me be unemployed - I'll be enjoying summer break from school, lying around the lake, riding my bike, going to movies at Oak Street...good times.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 04-27-05, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hour south is the best thing in Minnesota, .... ME .... In North Mankato.