View Poll Results: Big & Rich - Gay or Not Gay
Gay
61.29%
Not Gay
29.03%
Does twikoff count?
9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Gay or Not Gay - Big & Rich (country duo)

Old 04-22-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gay or Not Gay - Big & Rich (country duo)

So a few months backs a friend and I were discussing the "shock" when we find out certain people are gay. A lot of this stemmed from the Rob Halford incident in which we confessed to not even guessing he would be gay. I then told him that I suspected the country duo Big & Rich may be in fact gay. So I am borrowing a segment from a local radio station and presenting this edition of Gay or Not Gay. This is not a discussion on wheather or not you like or hate their music. Please keep that in mind when voting or giving opinions.

First, their motto is "Love Everyone" and "Music without Prejudice." With this in mind their first single is titled "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy." For those of you that can, remember how Rob Halford said he left clues to his sexual preference in song titles and lyrics. I think this title speaks for itself, but it isn't the last.

Next is their commercial for Chevy vehicles. In it all the members of their touring and backstage entourage are trying to make it to the next town in their flashy Chevy vehicles. They are meeting up with a big rig (the kind used to transport many vehicles) and will load their cars and trucks as they are moving. The final vehicle there is driven by Big (or is it Rich, since I don't know who is who yet) and he gets on his C.B. and tells Cowboy Troy (who I will mention next and is driving the big rig) to "get ready for this" and/or "watch this", then he spins the car in reverse and [underline]backs it in.[/underline]

Finally, Cowboy Troy. He is a big black guy and Big & Rich's newest protege. Cowboy Troy is the father of "Hick-Hop" as he calls it and he newest cd was produced by Big & Rich. The first single:"I Played Chicken With The Train."

So in my opinion all three of these guys though their subliminal messeges' and innuendo have me convinced they are gay. What do you otters think?
Old 04-22-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think your reasoning is ridiculous. There is no conclusive evidence at all that they are in fact gay. The song "Save a horse, ride a Cowboy" is meant for women, as in all the women in their music video. The rest of your reasoning doesn't even merit a comment because of it's ridiculousness. Having said all that, Big & Rich are most certainly gay.
Old 04-22-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The real questioning is... who cares? I don't go around, Hmmm is this person heterosexual? Is this person homosexual? Is this person bisexual? So many threads about catching "teh ghey," who is and is not homosexual, etc...
Old 04-22-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"...doesn't even merit a comment because of it's ridiculousness"

Some people were probably saying that when they were told that Rob Halford was gay. I know I couldn't believe it either. And because you assume the song is "meant for women" doesn't mean that is who the duo wrote it for. Just something to think about.

As for "Who Cares?" Well, you did visit and post in this thread, didn't you?
Old 04-22-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Just a minute.....am I to understand that you (even to the slightest degree) follow country music?

That's disturbing.
Old 04-22-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

a) I've never even heard of these fuckin guys before and couldn't possibly care less whether or not they are gay much less if they even have sex at all.

b) I used to live next door to Rob Halford and even though I knew he was gay - I never really cared one way or another.

c) if this is the beginning of some new type of thread around here where someone posts a poll asking whether some barely famous person is gay or not, I'm going to complain to the management.
Old 04-22-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Fine, let's get back to Catholicism
Old 04-22-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

dear pope, are you gay?

__yes
__no
__maybe

If yes or maybe, do you like me that way?

__yes
__no
__maybe
Old 04-22-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
"...doesn't even merit a comment because of it's ridiculousness"

Some people were probably saying that when they were told that Rob Halford was gay. I know I couldn't believe it either.
Dude, seriously?

Old 04-22-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Trigger
dear pope, are you gay?

__yes
__no
__maybe

If yes or maybe, do you like me that way?

__yes
__no
__maybe
Old 04-22-05, 11:52 PM
Suspended

Old 04-23-05, 12:36 AM
Banned

who the fuck is Rob Halford?
Old 04-23-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc

I had to look it up, too. Lead singer for Judas Priest.
Old 04-23-05, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by phr33k
Old 04-23-05, 01:58 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not a big follower of these guys (or country in general), but I live in an area where it's popular enough that I'm familiar with them. And I've seen them on tv a few times. While I think some of your points are silly conspiracy theory stuff, I DEFINITELY get a 'Right Said Fred' vibe from these dudes. But it could just them trying to be gimmicky and theatrical. Gay, straight, or whatever, I still think they suck.
Old 04-23-05, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Whatever, country music boy. You love country music....and I'm telling.
Old 04-23-05, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-23-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Gay or not Rob Halford is still one of my favorite singers. His coming out didn't change anything for me. I couldn't care less who he screws.

I work in Radio and one of my friends who has worked in radio for over 20 years , with quite a few of those years on Country stations, says you'd be shocked at how many gay male and female Country singers are out there. But I think that's true about the population in general so who cares.

Hey, I'm just a squirrel too busy trying to get his own "nut" to be worried about where other's get theirs.
Old 04-23-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I read an interview with Halford where he was asked about coming out and metal music. He joked about how when he came out he thought that he would get more support from the Gay community but he said that they didn't embrace him like other artsists and it was probably because most gays don't like metal music. He said they're more into Disco.
Old 04-23-05, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've never heard of any of these people but

"Hick-Hop"
Old 04-23-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try playing the music backwards and see if it makes you straight.
Old 04-23-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I read an interview with Halford where he was asked about coming out and metal music. He joked about how when he came out he thought that he would get more support from the Gay community but he said that they didn't embrace him like other artsists and it was probably because most gays don't like metal music. He said they're more into Disco.
It seems like the ultra-macho world of metal didn't abandon him once he came out either. As long as he gives 'em what they want, namely staying with Judas Priest and making albums like Angel of Retribution, he's still the Metal God.
Old 04-23-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If they change their name to "Big, Rich, and Creamy," you may be on to something.
Old 04-23-05, 09:23 AM

For shame!

As far as if I think those country guys are gay or not:

1.) Don't know, don't care, not into their music, so I don't follow them. If they were, I'd give them props for being brave enough to do what they're doing in a genre that ain't exactly known for supporting it's sisters, but at the same time, they're following the same tired image and musical styles all those other dime a dozen one hit wonder country artists do, and lack that one special trait that catches my attention in a genre diluted with artists just like them- integrity and originality. What a concept huh?

Straight or not, I'll stick with the real country artists like Merle, Dolly and AKUS.

Last edited by woofman; 04-23-05 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-18-05, 11:11 AM

Last night I caught a few minutes of "100 Greatest Duets" on CMT. In between the selections various country stars were asked who would be their dream duet partner. Tanya Tucker chose Eric Clapton. Reba McEntire chose Charlie Pride. Big & Rich chose...Liberace.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.