Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Does anyone dislike Messy/Complicated food?

Old 04-22-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Does anyone dislike Messy/Complicated food?

I have never really seen the point to wings, ribs, etc. Lobster is a bit different, but I would rather have it brought out shelled, instead of fussing with it at the table.

I think any food where you leave more than you eat is really too much hassle.

Wings are tiny bits of fatty and gristly meat, covered in sauce... Just eat the sauce by itself... My mom said that the wings were always thrown out in her day.

Ribs are little strips of meat that you really have to work at to get off the bone, and again they are drowned in sauce.

Fried chicken is about my limit, and I only eat that about 6-10 times a year, if that.
Old 04-22-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by littlefuzzy
Wings are tiny bits of fatty and gristly meat, covered in sauce... Just eat the sauce by itself... My mom said that the wings were always thrown out in her day.

Ribs are little strips of meat that you really have to work at to get off the bone, and again they are drowned in sauce.
But wings and ribs are two of my favorite foods! And that's why the rib house has wet naps!
Old 04-22-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yup - I hate eating food that takes alot of work. wings are the worst. I don't eat ribs or lobster for the same reason. I don't even like to eat shrimp if I have to check them for poop.

I'd rather just eat a sandwich or a burger. Come to think of it, I don't like eating anything where I have to leave parts of it on the plate.
Old 04-22-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never really seen the point to wings, ribs, etc. Lobster is a bit different, but I would rather have it brought out shelled, instead of fussing with it at the table.

I think any food where you leave more than you eat is really too much hassle.

Fried chicken is about my limit, and I only eat that about 6-10 times a year, if that.
I completely agree. Anything more than pulling the tails off of shrimp and it's too much hassle to bother with. I like crab, but only enough to eat if someone else has shelled it before it gets to me.

I hate dark meat, so I don't really even eat fried chicken (prefer grilled boneless skinless chicken breast). I also hate getting my fingers all greasy - sort of grosses me out - so anything messy I am required to eat with my fingers I usually avoid. One big exception is corn on the cob - it just tastes too damn good, even if it is a pain to eat. I use those plastic end gripper things to make it easier to eat. (other exceptions to my eating with my fingers rule are pizza and bread products ).

Last edited by WarriorPrincess; 04-22-05 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Only when I'm eating alone - or with a close relation.

And good ribs fall right off the bone - little to work to get them off.
I like nothing more than some good ribs, but the again, I hate nothing more than bad ribs...

Last edited by slop101; 04-22-05 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-22-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Messy/Complicated food only presents a problem when I'm driving.
Old 04-22-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you need to work that hard on getting to the meat, then it's not cooked right and the best ribs don't need to be drowned in sauce.
Old 04-22-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OH I know girl! Like what about sunflower seeds...UGH!
Old 04-22-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love crab legs, but never get them because its way too much work to get such small bites.
Old 04-22-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is crazy talk... pass me some ribs and hot wings!
Old 04-22-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just hate Quaker Steak's All you can eat Tuesday buffet.........finger licking fun then common serving forks at the wing-buffet line!!!!!!!! yay! cleanliness at its best!
Old 04-22-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Messy/Complicated food only presents a problem when I'm driving.
And vice versa.
Old 04-22-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by happycamper
I love crab legs, but never get them because its way too much work to get such small bites.
i was gonna post the same thing. i had some crab last weekend, and man, it's such a pain to crack them. and then your hands get real sticky and grimey. that's probably why i prefer lobster.
Old 04-22-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Eating with your hands, burping, dragging a woman by her hair back to the cave, those were the days!
Old 04-22-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by eXcentris
Eating with your hands, burping, dragging a woman by her hair back to the cave, those were the days!
i need a cave damnit!
Old 04-22-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, crab legs are a pain in the ass. The meat is hardly worth the effort.

On the other hand, I had Shanghai crab once. It was a pain in the ass too, but that bastard tasted so damn good, it was worth prying the thing open and eating every possible bit of meat I could find in the thing.
Old 04-23-05, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just had some babyback ribs the other day that the meat just slid right off the bone it was cooked so perfectly. I don't know how you people can shun the ribs man.
Old 04-23-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. Everyone has a pain in the ass with crab legs here. Whenever I get crab legs (mainly snow crab), I can crack them and get the majority of the meat out easily without even breaking out the "crackers." Man, I love me some crab legs!

I also like Big Macs, which can be rather messy, and that's the reason I don't get them too often.
Old 04-23-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess

I hate dark meat, so I don't really even eat fried chicken ...
Racist!
Old 04-23-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
I love fajitas but sometimes I don't order them because I really don't field like building my own meal. And half the time The totillas are too damn small and i end up with guacamole, salsa and sour cream all over my hand. Its like some mexican in the back was too lazy to put the food together and voila ...... meal for these Americans gringos.
Old 04-23-05, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tsk, tsk, you kids now-a-days are so spoiled! Why back in the good-ol'-days when we wanted something good to eat we had to go out and hunt it down, kill it, skin it, build a fire, and cook it. We didn't have any of them-thar sissified convenience foods or all-you-can-eat buffets neither.

You gonna finish that?
Old 04-23-05, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tandem
Tsk, tsk, you kids now-a-days are so spoiled! Why back in the good-ol'-days when we wanted something good to eat we had to go out and hunt it down, kill it, skin it, build a fire, and cook it. We didn't have any of them-thar sissified convenience foods or all-you-can-eat buffets neither.

You gonna finish that?
I was gonna write the same thing!
Old 04-23-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Racist!

Take it easy there, big fellow. I happen to love dark meat.
Old 04-23-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only reason I don't like ribs is I hate having bits of stringy food stuck between my teeth. I don't like Popcorn for essentially the same reason: getting those kernels stuck between my teeth.

I don't mind messy food as long as I have plenty of napkins. Lobster? Bring it on. Better yet, bring on the shrimp. It tastes better. Sorry, I just find the little seabugs tastier than the big seabugs.
Old 04-23-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When eating crab, you have to go with the King crab. Just snap those suckers in half and a huge chunk of meat falls right out. Of course, they're quite pricey compared with the loser snow crab legs, but way less effort and way more, and better, meat.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.