Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

What April Fools gags have you heard today?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 04-01-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm listening to Mancow's Morning Madhouse this morning which is a morning show out of Chicago. So far they have announced these events..

Michael Jackson as overdosed on sleeping pills

The mother of the guy that shot Dimebag Darrell has shot and killed the lead singer for Pantera.

50 Cent was shot and killed and some of his people were stabbed in the fight.

The sons of the members of The Beetles are starting a reality show called "Beetle Kids" that will cover their creation of a band called The Beetles and the new album they are making.

The Illinois basketball team has been disqualified from the final four for breaking NCAA rules. The players accepted gifts such as gatorade and tee-shirts after their victory over Arizona.

It's even funnier because callers are calling in saying that they have heard news of these events on ESPN, MTV, etc.
Old 04-01-05, 10:09 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I convinced my 12-year-old that school was cancelled this morning due to a water main break. He was pretty pissed when I told him it was a joke.
Old 04-01-05, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.horseysraleigh.com/
Old 04-01-05, 10:19 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by johnson_design
Old 04-01-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that someone listens to mancow
Old 04-01-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
that someone listens to mancow

He's better than that shit bag Howard Stern.
Old 04-01-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Check out the story on DVDFile's main page about the Draconian measures being taken to protect content on high-definition discs. They had me until I got to the part about the MPAA's centralized database.
Old 04-01-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bandoman
I convinced my 12-year-old that school was cancelled this morning due to a water main break. He was pretty pissed when I told him it was a joke.
That is so mean! I hope he hides your DVD romote so you never find it!

Old 04-01-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
On the local rock station, they replayed this gag where the DJ called up the girlfriend of this guy pretending to be a teen girl that got knocked up by the boyfriend. They did it two years ago, and I still remember the day of the call. It was hilarious. The chick just went nuts on the phone. It was a classic gag.
Old 04-01-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mopower
He's better than that shit bag Howard Stern.

flip a coin
Old 04-01-05, 10:44 AM

Kevin & Bean on KROQ 106.7 in Los Angeles, are again deceiving their listeners into believing that they are doing a 'live' broadcast somewhere in Los Angeles. This year it's Venice Beach and I'm sure dozens of listeners will drive out there and look all morning for them.

About 7 years ago they did a 'live' broadcast from the 'Mall of America' that was opening up in Orange County somewhere. Hundreds of listeners drove around for most of the morning trying to find the live broadcast. They had many stars and celebrities show up 'live' and made it all seem real. We found out later, that most of that was taped days before and incorporated into the 'live' morning show.

They also had a 'live' Blink 182 free concert a couple of years ago and I believe thousands of people showed up for that and there was nothing for them to see.

Chris
Old 04-01-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like this one, from the Milwaukee Buzz...

Ald. McGee stands defiant as hundreds protest his comments outside City Hall.

McGee calls Barrett a "straight-up, honkey faggot"

Mayor Tom Barrett said it was purely accidental, but Ald. Michael McGee, Jr., thought Friday's snub at a City Hall happy hour function was 100 percent intentional. That's why he said he won't apologize for calling the mayor a "straight-up, honkey faggot," even as civic groups plan a series of boycotts to protest these alleged slurs.

"I was deep in the middle of a conversation with one of my staffers," said Barrett, who insists he wasn't trying to "dis" the freshman alderman. "I didn't even see Mike standing there, or else I would have surely said 'hello.'"

"Fuck that shit," replied McGee. "That **** purposely ignored me for five minutes while I was waiting, looking like a jerk."

Barrett said he's not offended by the comment, though he does regret any misunderstandings his accidental snub may have caused.

"In my 20 years of public service, I've been called many things," said Barrett. "If my feelings were hurt every time someone called me a '***,' a 'douche-bag,' a 'bitch,' a 'dillweed' or a 'chatch,' I'd have long since quit politics.

"I can't even discuss in mixed company what people used to call me when I had the mustache," Barrett added.

McGee, who has drawn criticism in recent months for his inflammatory statements, said he's not a man who minces words. In January, McGee referred to the police officers who allegedly pulled down Frank Jude, Jr.'s pants and beat him as "sick faggots," "hatemongers" and members of the "KKK."

"Uncle Tom Barrett up there needs to realize that I won't be his little bitch at City Hall. You media can send the establishment a message: Mike McGee will not be ignored, at happy hour or in the halls of local government."

But gay rights groups, along with the Milwaukee Diversity Council, said they are stunned by the alderman's inappropriate language, and insist such inflammatory words have no place in government or in a local bar.

"Yes, the mayor is pretty white, and yes, he looked a little gay with that 'stache, but no, insulting him like that was just not right," said Pat Rainier, spokesperson for the Milwaukee LGBT Alliance.

Local groups are planning boycotts of businesses in McGee's district to show their disgust. They say that will send a message to McGee that his actions have consequences, just like when McGee urged boycotting The Shops of Grand Avenue after the beating of Jude, Jr.

But Barrett said all this is getting a little out of hand, and McGee was probably just drunk when he made his comment at the bar.

"I'm urging restraint, people," said Barrett. "I'm a big boy, really. I can handle a little name-calling. Please, let's not blow this out of proportion and get back to the business of making Milwaukee a world-class city."

"What a ***," replied McGee.
Old 04-01-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was told that on the radio someone said that Usher admitted that he was bi-sexual.

Still wondering if it's true.
Old 04-01-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bandoman
You're kid is gonna be more fucked up than you by the time you're done with him.

Good job! When does he start posting here?
Old 04-01-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My friend was told he was fired...He thought it was an april fools joke. I am packing his stuff as we speak...... not that funny....
Old 04-01-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
My friend was told he was fired...He thought it was an april fools joke. I am packing his stuff as we speak...... not that funny....
Not for those of us that still have *our* jobs.
Old 04-01-05, 12:52 PM

Logged on to AVS Forum and read their announcement that after 10 years, they were shutting down completely as of midnight. I'm sad and already wondering where I'll go for AV equipment conversation before reading further that it's a joke.
Old 04-01-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this on a forum:

April Fool's day is the best time to ask your wife/significant other if she would be interested in a menage a trois. If she freaks out, you simply say April Fool's. I tried it one year and it worked like a charm. I didn't get my menage, but I didn't get slapped either.
Old 04-01-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On the Dan Patrick Show, they were announcing that Pete Rose was going to be on the Hall of Fame ballot next year.
Old 04-01-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that all pending lawsuits and restraining orders against me had been lifted
Old 04-01-05, 01:29 PM

This year's installment at http://toolshed.down.net, the "semi-official" website for the latest info on the band Tool...

[04/01/05] - Completely unexpected

I have no idea how to introduce this, so I'll just post it. This is an email Maynard (the real one) sent in moments ago:

"hi, kabir. i thought it only fair to inform you first, before you hear it second or third hand. some recent events have led me to the rediscovery of jesus. tool will need to take the back seat. this may come as a shock. i just thought you should know considering all the support you given us over the years.
all my faith. maynard."

This is an actual email from actual MJK. I was going to type up a post about how the RIAA had sent us a letter shutting down The Tool Page (as this year's annual April Fools' Day joke), but now I just don't think it seems appropriate. More on this as it develops.
Far from the best April Fool's gag posted at this site, but I'm sure there will be a few Tool fans who fall for it.
Old 04-01-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
On the Dan Patrick Show, they were announcing that Pete Rose was going to be on the Hall of Fame ballot next year.
Heard that too. Gammons sold that well. That was a good one.
Old 04-01-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by adamblast
I like this one, from the Milwaukee

Mayor Tom Barrett said it was purely accidental, but Ald. Michael McGee, Jr., thought Friday's snub at a City Hall happy hour function was 100 percent intentional. That's why he said he won't apologize for calling the mayor a "straight-up, honkey faggot," even as civic groups plan a series of boycotts to protest these alleged slurs.

Old 04-01-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

from thinkgeek.com

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/fundue.shtml

and

airplane tracker

a few others on there too
Old 04-01-05, 01:46 PM

The radio station my friend works at (WOMC in Detroit) switched formats to Christmas music this morning.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.