Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Why an Executive Washroom?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Old 02-28-05, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a place that the executives have their own executive washroom. Why do they do that? It makes me feel very insignificant. Do they feel they are so above us that they can not take crap in the same room as I do?
Old 02-28-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, pretty much.
Old 02-28-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Spring Roll
Why do they do that? It makes me feel very insignificant.
Looks like you answered your own question.
Old 02-28-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spring Roll

I work for a place that the executives have their own executive washroom. Why do they do that? It makes me feel very insignificant. Do they feel they are so above us that they can not take crap in the same room as I do?
It's because their shit doesn't stink.

das
Old 02-28-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's time to deal out some executive swirlies.
Old 02-28-05, 12:40 PM
Banned

I have my own executive washroom. It doubles as the trash can under by desk in my cubicle.
Old 02-28-05, 12:41 PM

So their shit smell like rose pedals and I'm insignificant. Ah I get it now.
Actually I lied, only the president (and his guests) uses it. Other executives use the washrooms we commoners use (how nice of them).

Do other companies do the same? Have you been into them? Is it really nice inside?
Old 02-28-05, 12:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
They put ice in the urinals.
Old 02-28-05, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So they don't have to associate with the serfs.
Old 02-28-05, 12:48 PM

I just talked to my co-workers about this. Turned out they lock the executive washroom now after the president leaves; appreantly, somebody had been sneaking into it after hours and make a "mess" in there (the "mess" is some kinda bodily fluid too).

They put ice in the urinals.
Oooh...ICE!
Old 02-28-05, 12:48 PM
Banned

Do other companies do the same? Have you been into them? Is it really nice inside?
It's really something that is mostly in only big old companies. It has really been done away with in the "new workplace" of cubicles and employee friendly environments.
Old 02-28-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just talked to my co-workers about this. Turned out they lock the executive washroom now after the president leaves; appreantly, somebody had been sneaking into it after hours and make a "mess" in there (the "mess" is some kinda bodily fluid too).
SKEET SKEET SKEET!
Old 02-28-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We don't have anything like that in my building (R&D). The main (bigger) building might have something like that. The big guys are on the small second story level, so it's probably just them and their secrataries in the second story bathroom.
Old 02-28-05, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
probably one of those places that in their monster.com job listing says they're looking for "resources" instead of employees
Old 02-28-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
Dammit!!
What he said.
Old 02-28-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We not only have executive washrooms; we also have an executive dining room.

Aaahh, life is good.
Old 02-28-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have to laugh at the execs that do everything they can to 'appear more important' than everyone else.

One place I worked, the President had his own private bathroom built off his office and all the 'higher' execs had solid mahogany doors with big brass handles installed on their offices. It was funny because everyone had the same low class door, then a new president was hired in and he changed his door to the 'important door', then the other 5 or so higher ups all changed theirs. This involved cutting the drywall so the door went the whole way to the ceiling (while everyone else's door had some drywall at the top)

The place I am in now is very hard to explain, but there are several different groups of 'important' people (none matter to each other at all and they never interact, but each thinks the world should kiss their feet). One section of them had extra doors installed in the middle of the hallway to block off about 6 offices. Inside the doors they put really expensive carpet and hung 'fine' works of art on the walls and have a special paint, lighting, etc, etc.

So if you were to walk down this hallway completely from one end to the other. You would have to open door one in the middle somewhere to enter the 'special important' part of the hallway, then proceed through graceland, and open door two about 6 offices later, and you back in the slums with moderate carpet, no art, and normal paint.

People and their power trips

I actually had someone complain to my boss one time because my office was too big for my stature in the company. My boss told them to go worry about more important things, like their own job and if they would even have a job since they had time to worry about such things (I have worked for some fairly cool people that don't let things go to their head)
Old 02-28-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 4KRG
I actually had someone complain to my boss one time because my office was too big for my stature in the company. My boss told them to go worry about more important things, like their own job and if they would even have a job since they had time to worry about such things (I have worked for some fairly cool people that don't let things go to their head)
Wow, that actually is a cool boss.
Old 03-01-05, 09:06 AM

I did notice that last time they had a big layoff in another department, right after it, the director of that department got brand new office furnitures. I just don't see the logics of that, couldn't they save that money for an extra month of salary for one extra person to stay?

I wonder if there's a shower inside the executive washroom.
Old 03-01-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Back in the day, I worked for a company where the CEO not only had his own washroom, but it also included a shower.
Old 06-21-05, 01:05 PM

Bumping an old thread started by myself.
I just realized that our president has his own kitchen as well.
Old 06-21-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
I always thought it was the opposite.

and that they don't want to lose the respect of their underlings by stinking up the place.