Reload this Page >

Someone broke into my car last night...

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Old 02-26-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

... smashed the rear, driver-side vent window and ripped off my stereo, satellite radio, and iPod. Yes, I should have taken the iPod out (it was in the glove compartment), but I was in a lazy mood last night. What pissed me off more than anything is that they ripped off my school books and notes (I'm getting my MBA on Friday nights and all day Saturday), which means I have to repurchase everything the week before finals.

Ever want to just hunt down the fuckers and beat them senseless until they squeeze out their intestines and lower stomach through their rectums (ala the *********** weightlifter)? That's how I feel right now. Save for my school notes, everything else is replacable, and the cost of the window replacement is only $146 (I have a $500 deductible, not worth reporting). But I'm in such a mood. Really, really angry. I'm so out of my mind I could almost eat at Arby's. Someone tell me a funny story.
Old 02-26-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
Someone tell me a funny story.
About four months ago I was sitting here in my chair surfing the internet when the urge to fart came over me something fierce. I did the lean to one side maneuver and prepared to let the gas free. It was not gas however. I shit my pants.

Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 02-26-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lopper
About four months ago I was sitting here in my chair surfing the internet when the urge to fart came over me something fierce. I did the lean to one side maneuver and prepared to let the gas free. It was not gas however. I shit my pants.

So you blew a little mud? That's pretty funny, actually. Hope it wasn't a leather chair.

You ever take a brown bear in the ocean?

As an aside, they also took my car charger for my cell phone. Why bother? The thing costs something like 25 bucks, and is only worthwhile if you have a Motorola v600. Whatever. Also gone were some CDs, but most of them were ripped to my PC anyhow. No biggie. I'm still angry though.
Old 02-26-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Yeah. People who break into cars and steal them deserve to die.
Old 02-26-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that dude. If I had an iPod and somebody took it I'd beat the holy hell out of them!
Old 02-26-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Yeah. People who break into cars and steal them deserve to die.
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if there were capital punishment without an appeals process? That would greatly deter criminals.
Old 02-26-05, 12:46 PM
Banned

Maybe this will make you feel better:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=165655

Cliff's Notes: Someone tries to break into this guy's friend's car, this guy chases him down and calls the cops, this guy has some nice pictures of the police arresting the thieves.
Old 02-26-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lopper

Old 02-26-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
... smashed the rear, driver-side vent window and ripped off my stereo, satellite radio, and iPod. Yes, I should have taken the iPod out (it was in the glove compartment), but I was in a lazy mood last night. What pissed me off more than anything is that they ripped off my school books and notes (I'm getting my MBA on Friday nights and all day Saturday), which means I have to repurchase everything the week before finals.

Ever want to just hunt down the fuckers and beat them senseless until they squeeze out their intestines and lower stomach through their rectums (ala the site-we-don't-link-to.com weightlifter)? That's how I feel right now. Save for my school notes, everything else is replacable, and the cost of the window replacement is only $146 (I have a $500 deductible, not worth reporting). But I'm in such a mood. Really, really angry. I'm so out of my mind I could almost eat at Arby's. Someone tell me a funny story.
You have to be out of your mind to eat at Arby's?
Old 02-26-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mmm... Arby's. Good fries and Cordon Blue sandwiches!!
Old 02-26-05, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what was the date on that video on the site we can't talk about?
Old 02-26-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Someone tell me a funny story.
Well, I could give my review of the break-in:

Stealth: 10/10
Items taken: 9/10
Car Damage: 4/10
Choice of car: 0/10

This nutsack gets my Highest Recommendation for an ass-beating.
Old 02-26-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Well, I could give my review of the break-in:

Stealth: 10/10
Items taken: 9/10
Car Damage: 4/10
Choice of car: 0/10

This nutsack gets my Highest Recommendation for an ass-beating.
I read TomOpus's review of My Car Break-In at http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...83#post5837883 and...

Nicely done!! Does it come with an insert?
Old 02-26-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Nicely done!! Does it come with an insert?
Well, it did but, uh... seems to be missing
Old 02-26-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I usually forget to lock my car.

One night, someone opened it up, unloaded the contents of my glove compartment and console onto the floor, but left everything. I had $1500 in CD's sitting right there.

For some reason, they also marked two x's right under the drivers-side window. The interior is black. But now it has two light white-ish x's.

Strange. The only thing that I could think of is that it was someone that I knew at one time.
Old 02-26-05, 10:35 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had my window smashed last year, they stole nothing......I'd love to catch these fuckers....just nned 5 minutes with them.
Old 02-26-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You know, someone broke into my UNLOCKED car by busting out the doorlocks to steal my stereo. I wish the fuckers would have at least tried the door lol. Then the bastards left the door open so that my battery was dead the next day. I didn't care so much that they stole the stereo but they should have just closed the damn door. Funny thing was I just got the stereo installed at circuit city 3 weeks earlier, and the metal sleeve that's around the stereo was still in the car along with the mounting kit undamaged. So they had those little keys to just slide it out. I suspect it was someone from the install department at CC that did it.
Old 02-26-05, 11:32 PM
Banned

Two semesters ago, one of my friends had his lock busted and stock CD player stolen in his 1996 Jeep in the engineering parking lot. Flash forward to this semester, and I not only left my 2004 Mercedes unlocked, but also left the windows down, in the same parking lot, for over an hour and a half, with a CD case on the front seat, a cell phone in the cup holder, and my stereo front panel intact at night, and it wasn't even touched (I did turn on the alarm, which would have sounded if the car was touched, and it wasn't even triggered). Go figure.
Old 02-27-05, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

someone busted out my window and stole my cd player a few years ago in Tempe...god I was pissed. some punk ass bitch took the change out of my truck last year in my driveway too...but it was unlocked. Both times they left the door open....i think that's sneaky theif rule #1 for car break ins....so as to not make anymore noise i'd guess. fuckers.
Old 02-27-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last night I broke into this guy's car in Miami. Big-time score I tell ya: stereo, satellite radio, iPod and even some school books! I can easily score a couple hundred for the books. Man, I love Miami residents who leave their valuables in their vehicles. Good times.

Last edited by the aftermath; 02-27-05 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-27-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brizz
someone busted out my window and stole my cd player a few years ago in Tempe...god I was pissed. some punk ass bitch took the change out of my truck last year in my driveway too...but it was unlocked. Both times they left the door open....i think that's sneaky theif rule #1 for car break ins....so as to not make anymore noise i'd guess. fuckers.

well if they just close the door as far as it will go without latching the lights in the car will go off on most cars. All i ask for is a little common courtesy from my thiefs. Is that too much to ask? *sigh*
Old 02-27-05, 11:59 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm always shocked by the amount of valuables people leave in their cars. I don't leave anything in there that's not driving related.
Old 02-27-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Report it to Apple as a digital rights management violation. The license is non-transferable on your tunes, man.

Maybe take a leaf out of Maddox's book too...