Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Don't steal my sperm!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Don't steal my sperm!

Old 02-24-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't steal my sperm!

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.as...7&nav=5D7lWmXG

Man Sues Woman For Sperm Theft
CHICAGO (AP) -- An appeals court said a man can press a claim for emotional distress after learning a former lover had used his sperm to have a baby. But he can't claim theft, the ruling said, because the sperm were hers to keep.

The ruling Wednesday by the Illinois Appellate Court sends Dr. Richard O. Phillips' distress case back to trial court.

Phillips accuses Dr. Sharon Irons of a "calculated, profound personal betrayal" after their affair six years ago, saying she secretly kept semen after they had oral sex, then used it to get pregnant.

He said he didn't find out about the child for nearly two years, when Irons filed a paternity lawsuit. DNA tests confirmed Phillips was the father, the court papers state.

Phillips was ordered to pay about $800 a month in child support, said Irons' attorney, Enrico Mirabelli.

Phillips sued Irons, claiming he has had trouble sleeping and eating and has been haunted by "feelings of being trapped in a nightmare," court papers state.

Irons responded that her alleged actions weren't "truly extreme and outrageous" and that Phillips' pain wasn't bad enough to merit a lawsuit. The circuit court agreed and dismissed Phillips' lawsuit in 2003.

But the higher court ruled that, if Phillips' story is true, Irons "deceitfully engaged in sexual acts, which no reasonable person would expect could result in pregnancy, to use plaintiff's sperm in an unorthodox, unanticipated manner yielding extreme consequences."

The judges backed the lower court decision to dismiss the fraud and theft claims, agreeing with Irons that she didn't steal the sperm.

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift -- an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

Phillips is representing himself in the case. He could not be reached for comment Thursday.

"There's a 5-year-old child here," Mirabelli said. "Imagine how a child feels when your father says he feels emotionally damaged by your birth."
So this should lead to the age old question of spit or swallow. the answer now considering this should be... DAMN WELL BETTER SWALLOW!

But should this be legal? If it's true that they never had sex, should she be able to even use his sperm in a manner. Leads to some interesting questions. Such as, what if I rub one off on some kleenex and dump it in the trash. If some crazy chick takes said Kleenex and produces a child out of that harvested sperm, should I be held responisble?

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 02-24-05 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-24-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, crazy!

poor dude.
Old 02-24-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some womens are crazy witches

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift"

I gotta use that line with girls now that there is a legal precedent

"Hey, why are you spitting my GIFT in the sink?!"
Old 02-24-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts
Jack is correct, never trust a woman who doesn't swallow.
Old 02-24-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But should this be legal? If it's true that they never had sex, should she be able to even use his sperm in a manner. Leads to some interesting questions. Such as, what if I rub one off on some kleenex and dump it in the trash. If some crazy chick takes said Kleenex and produces a child out of that harvested sperm, should I be held responisble?
Throwing away the "evidence" is irresponsible, just swallow it man! Only fair if you expect her to!
Old 02-24-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
I know I've had this fear before. It's like when a chick offers to take off and throw away your condom afterwards the thought flashes through your head.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-24-05 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-24-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

does this mean you're really not gonna pay child support for the twins?
Old 02-24-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Now that I think of it, considering the other thread I just started, this won't be happening to me anytime soon.
Old 02-24-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hotaru_san
does this mean you're really not gonna pay child support for the twins?

He only spurted on your twins. He didn't create them.
Old 02-24-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

don't be so sure that both can't be true
Old 02-24-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why is it wrong for him to sue for emotional distress, but it's OK for her to sue for $9,600 per year in child support when the biological father never had sex with the woman, she just gave him head, went somewhere and shot it up her vagina?

Also, note that both parents are doctors...
Old 02-24-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

"She asserts that when plaintiff 'delivered' his sperm, it was a gift -- an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee," the decision said. "There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request."

I guess the next time you RAPE a woman...leave a gift receipt.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 02-24-05 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-24-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shouldn't this mean that he's not responsible for the child?
Old 02-25-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know how straight people deal with this shit. Not ever having to worry about an unwanted pregnancy is great.
Old 02-25-05, 07:20 AM

It may be a gift, but I don't see how this gift giving implies you want to be father of her children. He shouldn't be liable for child support.

Reminds me of a joke a girl one told me.

Q.What is the bird of wisdom?
A. The Owl

Q. What is the bird of love?
A. The dove

Q. What is the bird of true love?
A. The swallow
Old 02-25-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What about a 30 day return policy?
Old 02-25-05, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Not ever having to worry about an unwanted pregnancy is great.

Hallelujah!
Old 02-25-05, 07:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
This brings up an interesting point: what if a woman used this technique to get herself pregnant. Can she sue the guy for child support? Based on what I've seen in other cases, I'm guessing yes.
Old 02-25-05, 07:45 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
And who would want a guarantee of return? A snowballer?
Old 02-25-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
This brings up an interesting point: what if a woman used this technique to get herself pregnant. Can she sue the guy for child support? Based on what I've seen in other cases, I'm guessing yes.
That does not make sense though.. that's like saying if a woman goes to a sperm bank, gets pregnant... then a few years down the line finds out who the donor was and sues him for chilp support..... she should be able to.. what kind of BS is that?!

note to self: make women fill out a non-disclosure sperm clause before having sex in the future.
Old 02-25-05, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
"The good of the child" is the ultimate defense to why a woman can sue for child support.

It is the one way you can legally defraud someone.
Old 02-25-05, 04:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I know I've had this fear before. It's like when a chick offers to take off and throw away your condom afterwards the thought flashes through your head.
Yup, I have had this fear before as well and the following movie didn't help any:

Old 02-25-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I don't know how straight people deal with this shit. Not ever having to worry about an unwanted pregnancy is great.
I don't think anyone who just got oral worried about it either. You might be the next target. A gay guy with a lesbian friend who wants to get pregnant, but not with him. Seems as likely as this, anyway.
Old 02-25-05, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
You probably don't need to guess. This woman sued, and is collecting $800/month child support. Now the guy is countersuing; we'll see how that works.
Old 02-25-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
"The good of the child" is the ultimate defense to why a woman can sue for child support.

It is the one way you can legally defraud someone.
With a crazy sneaky whacky mother like this I would say that "The good of the child" would be well served by adopting it out to someone else.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.