Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Pizza place undercharged you. What would you do?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics
View Poll Results: If you were undercharged would you say something?
Yes
32.61%
No
56.52%
Only if the girl was cute
10.87%
Only if the guy was cute
0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I ordered two large pizzas with one topping. The woman said the Wednesday night special was $5.99 each.

When Mrs. Pusser went to pick them up they charged her $9.99 for both. She had no idea that the price was wrong and payed as requested.

Would you go back and give them the extra $1.99? Or say "that's my kinda special!"?

I'm going with the special special angle unless I'm convinced otherwise and good luck with that.

Last edited by Buford T Pusser; 02-24-05 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-24-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I suppose it's ethical. Maybe not if it were a girl, though. Then I'd just report her to the manager. Hehe.
Old 02-24-05, 08:48 AM

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
Reward their mistake by giving them more of your business, and recommending them to others. That way everybody wins.
Old 02-24-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts
If I noticed the mistake while I was there, I'd point it out. If I didn't, then I wouldn't make a big deal about it. I'm pretty loyal to places I like and make it a point to force my favorite restaurants on all my friends/family, so I'm sure they'll still come out on top in the long run.
Old 02-24-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd wait for some jerk on his cell phone to comment about how I underpaid then have my big buddy kick his ass!
Old 02-24-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
It's worth mentioning if you notice while you're there. The idea of making a trip back over a couple of bucks is silly.
Old 02-24-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
No. I had a similar experience the other day. I went to Sonic and ordered drive-thru. I used my credit card. The guy comes back out and hands me a card. As I drive away, I notice that he gave me back the wrong card. I go back in and get my card, thinking he just grabbed the wrong one. When I looked at the receipt for the cc charge, it didn't have my last 4 numbers of my card. It was probably the other one. I was on the road at that point, and just chalked it up to minimum wage workers.
Old 02-24-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll point out a pricing mistake if it's not overly inconvenient or if it's a lot of money, but for a couple of bucks, it's not worth my time or theirs to worry about it. Hell, in your case, it may not actually be an error in price but an error in what you were told over the phone.

das
Old 02-24-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
If I noticed the mistake while I was there, I'd point it out. If I didn't, then I wouldn't make a big deal about it. I'm pretty loyal to places I like and make it a point to force my favorite restaurants on all my friends/family, so I'm sure they'll still come out on top in the long run.
Ditto.
Old 02-24-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This happened to my wife and me the other day at Fazoli's. They gave us two salads and only charged us for one. I didn't notice until after we had paid. I just ate the salad and considered it a bonus for all the times I have frequented the place over the years. Was that wrong? Probably. But I didn't knowingly set out to defraud or cheat them. It was just a minor error in my favor.
Old 02-24-05, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by taa455
This happened to my wife and me the other day at Fazoli's. They gave us two salads and only charged us for one. I didn't notice until after we had paid. I just ate the salad and considered it a bonus for all the times I have frequented the place over the years. Was that wrong? Probably. But I didn't knowingly set out to defraud or cheat them. It was just a minor error in my favor.
Related story:

Fazoli's Forced Into Bankruptcy
Reuters - 42 minutes ago
Fazoli's Inc. (FAZI.N) on Thursday posted a massive quarterly loss after $18 billion in salad losses writing down the value of its entire food service businesses in the face of a soft salad market and heightened competition.

www.businessjournal.com/fazolis.htm
Old 02-24-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let them know.
Old 02-24-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think most of the blame can be attributed to taa455 for raping the salad market. Thanks.
Old 02-24-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
It's worth mentioning if you notice while you're there. The idea of making a trip back over a couple of bucks is silly.

Old 02-24-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as mentioned
if you notice it right away.. then yea, i probably mention it
but its not worth the effort to go back
Old 02-24-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner

No need sweating two bucks.
Old 02-24-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would stop by and give them the money the next time I was driving by and had a couple of minutes.
Old 02-24-05, 10:43 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Repeating the many before me... I'd correct the mistake, unless of course, it was out of my way to do so. I don't think it's the end of the world. Hell goes the other way around. If I get overcharged, I probably wouldn't even bother, unless I'm still at the place. Not worth my time.
Old 02-24-05, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I agree with the hairy naked guy.
Old 02-24-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
If I notice the error immediately, I always say something. It's appreciated by those making a mistake.

If I notice it later, I usually let it go. Or mention it the next time I'm there as a STATEMENT, but I don't usually try to force the money on them.
Old 02-24-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldn't say anything in this case. Why does everyone assume the person on the phone had the right price, and the person at the register did not?

Now if I'm sure of the price of something and am mischarged by what appears to me to be an accident, I'll tell them. I'll also tell them if I am given too much change. Based on the information we have in this case, however, we have no way of knowing who was right.
Old 02-24-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Call them and let them know they've made a mistake. Tell them you can bring them the extra money, for a small delivery fee. Plus a tip.

Stupid pizza places.
Old 02-24-05, 11:22 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Reward their mistake by giving them more of your business, and recommending them to others. That way everybody wins.
Old 02-24-05, 11:24 AM

If I were in the store at the time I noticed the mistake, I would say something. If I came home, and correcting it required a return trip, then I wouldn't. It shouldn't cost me anything above the price difference to correct a seller's mistake, as long as the difference is reasonably low.
Old 02-24-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Something similar happened to me at Taco Bell drive-thru. Ordered a bunch of stuff(maybe $15 worth), and handed the guy my money. He had downs, but I didn't think anything of it. Just took my change from a $20, shoved it in my pocket and went on my way. I pulled out the cash to put in my wallet later and had about $15. I think he GAVE me my total instead of the change.

I felt I had to inform them so I buzzed up the manager and told him what happened and asked if he needed me to return with the money. He said to not worry about it. I didn't want him to think I was just ratting out their handicap guy, I honestly just wanted to let him know so that the guy didn't get in trouble at the end of the shift when his drawer came up short. He thanked me and even offered me free food the next time I came in. Told him it wasn't necessary, I was just trying to do the right thing(not to mention I already got $15 worth of food for about $5).

If I had noticed when it happened I would have said something immediately, but if it is just a buck or two, not worth the hassle. Take the extra $ you saved and go back next week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.