Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

The Best of Charles Barkley

Old 02-22-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Best of Charles Barkley

http://www.clintcam.com/barkley/

Some of my favs....

"In the old days, you didn't take two days off for a hangnail or a yeast infection like they do these days. I can't believe a guy would sit out of a game for a broken nose. I played with a broken nose. I strapped one of those head gears on, couldn't see side-to-side, so I took it off like a man and played. I saw Larry Bird do it too. You can't sit out with a broken nose. You don't need your nose to play basketball."

"You should be able to go and pick out one fan a game, and just beat the hell out of him." - Barkley, after watching footage of Denver fans throwing garbage on Latrell Sprewell.

"Kobe Bryant is like OJ Simpson - you know, the guy who killed those two people."

On Detroit Piston point guard Isiah Thomas: "Isiah will cut your balls off in order to win."

"Hard fouls are part of the game. This ain't the WNBA."

"Dennis (Rodman) likes wearing a dress, I don't like wearing a dress. I tried it on a couple of times in the house, but I do it privately; I don't do it publicly."
Old 02-22-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats good stuff.
Old 02-22-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

I like Sir Charles. His brother used to come to the video store I worked at.
Old 02-22-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

love it
Old 02-22-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

nice
Old 02-22-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Charles Barkley: "I'm so sick of fat people."
Kenny Smith: "Why? You can't live with yourself?"
Barkley: "First of all, they killed Oreos. You know they can't make the Double-Stuff Oreos anymore because fat people can't keep their mouths shut. Now they're killing the McDonald's super-size. Can you believe that? Just because fat people are lazy and don't work out and can't keep they're mouths shut, they have to ruin it for everybody. They'll probably kill ice cream next! Is that my fault they can't stop eating? I'm so sick of these fat people suing these companies. Stop eating!"
Old 02-22-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks! A lot of these are very funny!
Old 02-22-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My favorite barkely line of all-time has got to be the "pick a fan out of the stands, and beat the crap out of him"

-pedagogue
Old 02-22-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese and Germany doesn't want to go to war."

On the olympic sport, curling: "I'm still trying to get my grandmother off her old behind and into the Olympics. Why not? She can dust."

"we better not be doing the Bulls this year. Man, they suck! Bunch of high school kids with $70 million contracts. Damn! I hate my mother for having me too soon."

"I don't need to be on TV. If I had a good agent, I'd be on Temptation Island. I wanna be around a bunch of naked-ass girls. That's just good television programming."

Charles Barkley regarding Dan Issels fine when calling a heckling fan a Mexican. "I don't think he (Issel) should have been fined or suspended. Some fans just need to be beaten down!"

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

On Mavs/Jazz game 5: They better get that one over quick, because the streets in Utah close at 10.

Old 02-22-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Barkley - "Byron Scott just got out of the hospital."
EJ - "For what?"
Barkley - "He got stabbed in the back."
Old 02-23-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

gotta love sir Charles...
Old 02-23-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

# On a TNT telecast a few years ago, Kenny Smith was going on and on about his two championship rings. He said that, in a show of appreciation for their efforts, he gave one ring to his father and the other to his brother because "they were the ones who helped me get them". Charles quipped, "You should have given them to Hakeem."

# Cassell shooting over (Earl) Boykins is like shooting over a chair.

"I don't like being called a hottie. I want to be called a big, strong, sexy man. Now Rick Fox, he's pretty."

# Danny Ainge called me. I have to apologize to him. Even though he's doing a lousy job, he doesn't want me to say that on TV. Danny Ainge is a good friend of mine. He's made some terrible trades, but he doesn't want me to say that on TV, so I apologize.

# On Kevin Eubanks being a vegetarian: "I don't trust people that don't eat meat. Hey Kevin, you know what the difference between me and you is? When I die, I'll die because I was eating bad food. When you die, they'll say 'wooo that Kevin, he as dead as Charles'"

# At the 1990 game, the Eastern Conference All-Star team was surprised when Charles Barkley raised his hand in a pregame meeting and said he'd like to sketch out a play for the opening tipoff. "This is one we used when Moses [Malone] was in Philadelphia," said Barkley. So Barkley stood, took the chalk, went to the board and drew four players running back to defend their basket. "That sumbitch NEVER won a tip," Barkley said as everyone cracked up.

# I saw Charles Manson do an interview once and he sounded normal too...Ron Artest has cost that team homecourt advantage.

* Kenny: "There's guys who go over to Europe and play overseas from America, and they dominate!"
Charles: "Those are called 'brothers'"

* "Any time something bad happens to a black person because of racism, I feel it in my soul. I really do. You take the Abner Louima case. That let me know one thing: If some white guys wanted to stick a plunger up a black guy's butt, and I'm the black guy who happened to be around, I'd have a plunger up my butt."

# "This is my schedule: I wake up in the morning, decide where to play golf and drink beer all day."

# On Jerry Krause still being able to keep his job as GM of the Chicago Bulls: "Jerry Krause must have pictures of his boss's wife having sex with a monkey."

Man that guy is always entertaining....thanks for the link!
Old 02-23-05, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I can hardly believe some of the things Charles says some times... but there's no doubt that he can be pretty funny.
Old 02-23-05, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love Charles. I don't always agree with him, but he's always there to make you laugh.
Old 02-23-05, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Barkley Rocks!
Old 02-23-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh my god... those are AWESOME quotes! Thanks Sir.
Old 02-23-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've been waiting a long time for someone to get off their butt and compile these
Old 02-23-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brizz

# Cassell shooting over (Earl) Boykins is like shooting over a chair.

"I don't like being called a hottie. I want to be called a big, strong, sexy man. Now Rick Fox, he's pretty."

Whoever called Charles a hottie?
Old 02-23-05, 01:05 PM

I love hearing him go on about stuff. Its hilarious, much funnier than most standups these days.
Hes real too, he doesnt beat around the bush; Screw PC! I love that, Just real, hes not one to play Race with things. Sure he will joke about race stuff, but he doesnt use it in a negative way towards any race.
Hes just real, if something needs to be said, you ask Sir Charles.
When I watch the games, i find myself waiting to just see what Chucks gotta say about it all.
Freakin Funny guy!
Old 02-23-05, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by the narrator
gotta love sir Charles...
No, I don't.
Old 02-23-05, 03:39 PM

This is a great site, thanks for the link

"If you have a disagreement with somebody, you don't have to apologize to them. I ain't gonna apologize to that motherf***er I threw through the window in Orlando."