DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Land Zoning? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/410845-land-zoning.html)

j123vt_99 02-21-05 03:21 PM

Land Zoning?
 
Looked at a house on Saturday that I might buy. The house backs up to a giant field. I assume that the field is owned and probably zoned for something (commerical, residental, apts, etc).. How do i go about finding out what it is zoned for? Is it a city or state or town-type question?

SoSpacey 02-21-05 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Looked at a house on Saturday that I might buy. The house backs up to a giant field. I assume that the field is owned and probably zoned for something (commerical, residental, apts, etc).. How do i go about finding out what it is zoned for? Is it a city or state or town-type question?

definately a town question. call town hall and asking for buildings department or whatever they call it there. whatever the separtment s to submit plans to, etc.

Pistol Pete 02-21-05 04:01 PM

Around here it doesn't make a damn bit a difference what the zoning is. We had an area nearby that was zoned for detached houses and now it is a frickin Wal-mart. The folks who back up to that beast are pissed. I don't put much faith in the zoning board.

j123vt_99 02-21-05 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Around here it doesn't make a damn bit a difference what the zoning is. We had an area nearby that was zoned for detached houses and now it is a frickin Wal-mart. The folks who back up to that beast are pissed. I don't put much faith in the zoning board.

i know it's not a 100% guarantee (actually i thought it was), but at least it gives me a vauge idea

kvrdave 02-21-05 06:23 PM

Yeah, city should have that. I would go down to them, so that you can physically look at the map and make sure what you are talking about. They can also give you all the permitted uses in that area.

TomOpus 02-21-05 07:10 PM

Ask 'em if the area is zoned for Otters. Report back.

j123vt_99 02-22-05 10:39 AM

found out it is zoned for single-family homes... otters will be shot on site

heimerSWT 02-22-05 10:52 AM

Is the property in Travis County?

BigDave 02-22-05 11:08 AM

I bet the City of Austin has a GIS application that you can check zoning among other things. I use the online GIS application for B/CS all the time to find stuff.

Just Lurking 02-22-05 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Around here it doesn't make a damn bit a difference what the zoning is. We had an area nearby that was zoned for detached houses and now it is a frickin Wal-mart. The folks who back up to that beast are pissed. I don't put much faith in the zoning board.

Imagine that. There is parcel about 4 blocks from our house. It total 32 acres with 18 acres zoned R1 fro single family homes and C1 for neighborhood-type shops. Well it get bought up for a Wal-Mart. They say lets rezone all of it CP which is commercial for big box national retailers. Or we will pack a Wal-Mart on the small 14 acres because you know that Wal-Mart is a small mom and pop neighborhood business. Amazingly or should not so amazingly, it was rezoned CP. Undering the reasoning that big crappy WalMart is beter thansmall Crappy Wal-mart in the middle of a 700 house neighborhood.

Now, they want transportation taxing district to pay for road improvements. The developer says 28 ft residential streets cannot support the traffic of a 220,00 sq ft WalMart. No kidding!

j123vt_99 02-22-05 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by heimerSWT
Is the property in Travis County?


nope.. williamson,, round rock

heimerSWT 02-22-05 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by j123vt_99
nope.. williamson,, round rock

That would have been my second guess. ;)

If you have an address, you can probably find more info on that property here (like which builder owns the land): http://www.wcad.org/

This is also a good site to check on any prospective homes, and to compare the asking price vs appraisal value, and check square footage and land size. Most of the heavily populated counties in Texas provide this info online.

Click on "Search Appraisal Roll" on the left frame, and then choose the method you want to search by.

j123vt_99 02-22-05 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by heimerSWT
That would have been my second guess. ;)

If you have an address, you can probably find more info on that property here (like which builder owns the land): http://www.wcad.org/

This is also a good site to check on any prospective homes, and to compare the asking price vs appraisal value, and check square footage and land size. Most of the heavily populated counties in Texas provide this info online.

Click on "Search Appraisal Roll" on the left frame, and then choose the method you want to search by.

thanks.. got the data.. not 100% sure what to make of it

Taxing Jurisdictions
Entities
Williamson CADCity of Rnd Rock(CRR)
Williamson CO(GWI)
Wmsn CO FM/RD(RFM)
Rnd Rock ISD(SRR)
Upper Brshy Cr WC&ID 1A(W09)

Exemptions
DISABLED VET(DV)
HOMESTEAD(HS)





Value
Appraised Value
Type Value
Improvement (HS + NHS) ($0 + $93,884) $93,884
Land (HS + NHS) ($0 + $25,000) $25,000
. ____________
Total Market $118,884


Assessed Value
Assessed Value: $118,884
Last Year's Assessed Value: $118,297




Sales


No Sales Available.


Improvements
ID Type Year Built Area
(sqft) Appraised
Value
1 A1 - Residential Single Family 1999 $93,884
1 Main Area 1997 1,434 sqft $80,425
2 Garage 1997 392 sqft $10,992
3 Open Porch 1997 18 sqft $252
4 Open Porch 1997 158 sqft $2,215


Land
Type HomeSite Size Frontage /
Depth (ft) Unit Price Market
Value
Residential True / $25,000.00 / Lot $25,000

BigDave 02-22-05 02:52 PM

GIS App for Round Rock:

http://www.ci.round-rock.tx.us/plann...ome%20Page.htm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.