Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Do you people think these Lacoste Shirts are real?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Old 02-21-05, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...959385646&rd=1

i know it's hard to tell from a single picture but would u trust this seller, it seems he had perfect feedback until today , he does not "guarentee authenticity" so would you trust him. i bound to eventually just go to a nordstrom's and pick one up but for this price it sounds to good to be true..

thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa. Is it 1983 again?
Old 02-21-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
Lacoste is big now. Ridiculously overpriced in my opinion, but it's definitely been in lately.
Old 02-21-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Whoa. Is it 1983 again?

Old 02-21-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Numanoid
Whoa. Is it 1983 again?
That was my first reaction. Guess I should dig out my pennyloafers and sperrys.
Old 02-21-05, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, LaCosta has been very "in" with the gay community in the mid-west.....
Old 02-21-05, 09:19 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
There's a gay community in the mid-west? GET OUT!
Old 02-21-05, 09:33 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Only when they are ready.
Old 02-21-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That shirt would go great with these!
Old 02-21-05, 10:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
A good rule of thumb regarding Lacoste these days is if it is made in either France or Peru, in regards to it being authentic. I have bought a few shirts at Nordstrom and a couple were made in France, while one was made in Peru.

Lacoste is in now and has been for a few years I thought. I hope it doesn't go too mainstream because they are my polo shirts of choice because they simply fit the best and feel the most comfortable.

Minor Threat I have not picked up on Lacoste shirts being in with the Mid-West gay community though it would not surprise me since they typically adopt all the cool clothes. Oh and Groucho, Minneapolis has the highest gay population per capita of any city in the nation (next to SF).

Anyway, back to Lacoste...one recent development is that the popularity of these shirts has brought back two other 80s staples back to the modern mainstream: Penguin and Le Tigre.
Old 02-21-05, 10:19 AM
Banned

You mean people actually give a shit about brand names these days? Do they just not have anything better to do with their time? Is their life so bereft of meaning and enjoyment that they must turn to fucking fashion in order to give them something to do and notice? And not real fashion either, but faked up, bullshit, brand name dropping type of fashion? I mean, come on. If your life is so pathetic as to care about what logo is on your $15 polo shirt, then you seriously need to go out, get laid, have a smoke, and get a fucking hobby, don't you think? I mean, this shit was acceptable when you were frickin' TWELVE, but come on man, grow up. I mean, gay or straight, this sort of behavior is just sad.
Old 02-21-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
A good rule of thumb regarding Lacoste these days is if it is made in either France or Peru, in regards to it being authentic. I have bought a few shirts at Nordstrom and a couple were made in France, while one was made in Peru.

Lacoste is in now and has been for a few years I thought. I hope it doesn't go too mainstream because they are my polo shirts of choice because they simply fit the best and feel the most comfortable.

Minor Threat I have not picked up on Lacoste shirts being in with the Mid-West gay community though it would not surprise me since they typically adopt all the cool clothes. Oh and Groucho, Minneapolis has the highest gay population per capita of any city in the nation (next to SF).

Anyway, back to Lacoste...one recent development is that the popularity of these shirts has brought back two other 80s staples back to the modern mainstream: Penguin and Le Tigre.
I agree with you. I'm a fan of penguin myself.
Old 02-21-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Otto
You mean people actually give a shit about brand names these days? Do they just not have anything better to do with their time? Is their life so bereft of meaning and enjoyment that they must turn to fucking fashion in order to give them something to do and notice? And not real fashion either, but faked up, bullshit, brand name dropping type of fashion? I mean, come on. If your life is so pathetic as to care about what logo is on your $15 polo shirt, then you seriously need to go out, get laid, have a smoke, and get a fucking hobby, don't you think? I mean, this shit was acceptable when you were frickin' TWELVE, but come on man, grow up. I mean, gay or straight, this sort of behavior is just sad.
These days? As opposed to when?
Old 02-21-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Gentlemenesqe.

Why would someone "forge" these? Is it that hot of a commodity?
Old 02-21-05, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Gentlemenesqe.

Why would someone "forge" these? Is it that hot of a commodity?
Not sure if it's a hot commodity, but for sure a spendy one. These shirts retail for $70 at dept. stores (hard to comprehend, I know). Thus, fakes sell on ebay for 1/2 the price.
Old 02-21-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and buy Boron Cowpunch products
Fixed
Old 02-21-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is their life so bereft of meaning and enjoyment that they must turn to fucking fashion in order to give them something to do and notice?
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
Old 02-21-05, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by waporvare
Fixed

Go BCP!
Old 02-21-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
alligator, penguin, tiger, and cow? What is this.... garanimals for adults?!
Old 02-21-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

So long as everyone else thinks they are real, isn't that enough. It's a status thing, right?
Old 02-21-05, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
So long as everyone else thinks they are real, isn't that enough. It's a status thing, right?
You know, I don't even know if that's it. I wouldn't equate it with a watch or a car or other status symbols. Hell, for me I prefer them because of their fit/feel and because I try to relive the 80s whenever possible.

I guess that explains why I chose to wear my parachute pants to work today.
Old 02-21-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used to love Lacoste's cologne... But in high school I wore the cheaper shirts with a fox instead of the alligator.
Old 02-21-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho
Oh, most definitely . . .

. . . and he REALLY likes Lacoste shirts.
Old 02-21-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Come on Otto. Tell him how you really feel.

oh yea...go BCP.
Old 02-21-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm not a label whore, but you can't try to argue, in general the nicer label clothes are more durable, fit better etc.. That alone justifies the cost to me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.