DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guy gets pummeled while talking on a cellphone in pizza parlor

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.asp...&sid=30596&bw=

Sheesh.
Old 02-20-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "lesson" he says he learned is not to go out if you think you might lose your temper? How about, "when a big black woman spits in someone's mouth and then goes to get her 'boyfriend', make like a tree and get out of there." Or more simply, "careful whom you talk shit about ... there are some crazy motherfuckers out there."

Good to hear the clown is doing real time.

das
Old 02-20-05, 10:40 PM

I like how he said the other people in the place just watched. The boyfriend is huge. I know I wouldn't have tried to stop him unless I had some help... like everyone in there!
Old 02-20-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn. That guy deserves to get the book thrown at him. No freakin' excuse for that kind of violence. I hope he loses the possible civil suit. I know I'd sue him.

-pedagogue
Old 02-20-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Can someone summarize the story?

I can't get the videoclip to play. (Fucking streaming shit...)
Old 02-20-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Can someone summarize the story?

I can't get the videoclip to play. (Fucking streaming shit...)
Guy is in pizza parlor, fat woman cuts ahead. The victim is on his cell and says "it's gonna take longer someone just cut." She gets pissed yells at the guy on the phone. Then goes and gets her very large boyfriend and he beats the piss outta the guy on the phone while everyone stands around and watches. The guy gets 4 years in jail for assault.
Old 02-20-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's brutal.. It's easy to put yourself in that guys' place, because I would speak up if somebody cut me like that...
Old 02-20-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, when you have a "lookin'-for-a-fight" woman, who has the mannerism and body language of a mean bitch, the size of a freight train, and with no conductor at the wheel (if you know what I mean), waddling like a damn King Penguin from side-to-side, I'm quite surprised this white boy didn't expect the response he did. But I guess he was just as dumb as she was.

You don't have to throw a punch to piss a person off--especially if the person is border-line illiterate and just plain dumb in the head, and if you're prepared to express yourself in a public outing--a goddamn loca pizza restaurant of all places, be sure you know your surroundings.

Obvuiously, making a comment like this in an expensive restaurant would have received at most, a mean glare and stare from a bitchy woman with a little "gasp"...but do the same in a lower-class neighborhood, you get what you ask for.

Also, I don't even think the woman cut in line. It looks to me as if there is no real line anyway. Everyone is just mingled in the front of the checkstand. She just walks up, yes, but I'm still cautious on believing this is what she was doing.

In my experience with people, you will most certainly get a punch in the face from a person who cannot express themselves and who is used to using their fists and body as their verbal weapon.

This is in a friggin' Cleveland neighborhood, of all places.

My advice: Keep your mouth shut unless you are prepared to back it up yourself--without any help. There are appropriate times to make clever comments, but in a low-class Cleveland neighborhood, well, that's one of the last places to do so.
Old 02-20-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If that guy had done that to me....he would be dead within 3 years.
Old 02-20-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try this direct link: http://wm.gannett.speedera.net/wm.ga...zzaassault.wmv
Old 02-20-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Well, when you have a "lookin'-for-a-fight" woman, who has the mannerism and body language of a mean bitch, the size of a freight train, and with no conductor at the wheel (if you know what I mean), waddling like a damn King Penguin from side-to-side, I'm quite surprised this white boy didn't expect the response he did. But I guess he was just as dumb as she was.

My advice: Keep your mouth shut unless you are prepared to back it up yourself--without any help. There are appropriate times to make clever comments, but in a low-class Cleveland neighborhood, well, that's one of the last places to do so.
I can understand where you are coming from...but expecting someone to assume that she (and the b/f) would react that way is asking quite a bit. I know I would have said something in his position. It was curious that he just took the punches, he didn't even block them. I can understand if he was dazed, but still it was scary to just watch him get pummeled.

-pedagogue
Old 02-20-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

How about if we look at it from the standpoint of just not making "aggressive" comments in a low-class neighborhood, a neighborhood, which is already pissed off, probably out of work, on welfare, and are just looking for a fight to vent their frustrations. I'm surprised this guy didn't realize this. I've seen people get cold-cocked in low-class neighborhoods for much much less, I have to unfortunately say.

If this guy would have waited to comment when he got home to his girlfriend about the dumbass bitch who cut in line, he could have felt relieved of his rant, and he still would've enjoyed his pizza, as well as saving a few billion of his brain cells.
Old 02-20-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

You don't have to throw a punch to piss a person off--especially if the person is border-line illiterate and just plain dumb in the head, and if you're prepared to express yourself in a public outing--a goddamn loca pizza restaurant of all places, be sure you know your surroundings.

Obvuiously, making a comment like this in an expensive restaurant would have received at most, a mean glare and stare from a bitchy woman with a little "gasp"...but do the same in a lower-class neighborhood, you get what you ask for.

Also, I don't even think the woman cut in line. It looks to me as if there is no real line anyway. Everyone is just mingled in the front of the checkstand. She just walks up, yes, but I'm still cautious on believing this is what she was doing.

In my experience with people, you will most certainly get a punch in the face from a person who cannot express themselves and who is used to using their fists and body as their verbal weapon.

I don't care where it is, who it is, or what really happened...there is no justification for this kind of violence.

She probably did cut in line. I'm sure the people in the restaurant, although as unwilling to help as they were, provided eyewitness accounts to corroborate the victim's story. Why the hell else would she have attacked the guy behind the counter first? He probably told her to go to the end of the line, and that's why she spit at him. If anybody, I'm surprised the clerk didn't get the brunt of the attack. He came out from behind that counter loaded for bear when she spit on him.
Old 02-20-05, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pedagogue
I can understand where you are coming from...but expecting someone to assume that she (and the b/f) would react that way is asking quite a bit. I know I would have said something in his position. It was curious that he just took the punches, he didn't even block them. I can understand if he was dazed, but still it was scary to just watch him get pummeled.

-pedagogue
I guess it is asking too much--but this will happen over and over until someone gets a bright idea and waits to comment when they are out of a very hot situation. We all need to be more aware of our surroundings, and the people who interact with it.
Old 02-20-05, 11:12 PM
Premium Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. You sound like you're a defending the girl.

Don't forget about her spitting in the face of the pizza guy. The cell phone guy didn't really say much, hardly enough to cause that mess, and pretty sure he had no clue that girl thing would even have a boyfriend.

Being in Cleveland is irrelavent, it could have happened in 1000+ cities around the world.

And bringing in the race card, calling him "white boy" is just stupid.

Last edited by The Cow; 02-20-05 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-20-05, 11:20 PM
Suspended

I'll bring in the race card but from the flipside of it. I see videos like this all the time with black people going off and beating the living crap out of white people, but its never 'racism'. If the guy that got beat was black none of that would have happened. They may have words but thats as far as it would have gone. I'm just calling it like I see it.
Old 02-20-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
this is why CCW needs to be legal every where
Old 02-20-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If a black man got beat by a white man like that, the lawyers would see to it he would have gotten more than four years.
Old 02-20-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are just as many dumb black brutes as there are dumb white brutes, which is where your argument is flawed. However, I agree with you that no one is complaining about "black on white" crime but had the skin colors been reversed, everyone and their dog would be crying, "RACISM!"
Old 02-20-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This just in: Jesse Jackson will not be flying in to organize a protest.
Old 02-20-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

dang... crazy shit.
DVD Talk Hero

For some reason, my sound isn't working right now.

Was this in Cleveland? The summary mentions it was an Akron man. Do they say the name of the place?
ams

I am glad that she was charged/convicted of assault for spitting on the pizza guy. Rot in jail, the both of you. I wish that guy on the phone had a concealed weapon and we got to see a completely different video.
Old 02-20-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What a crock of shit.
Old 02-20-05, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just found this on the site. It is Akron.

:

Akron man sentenced to 4 years after pizza parlor assault

POSTED: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:14:37 PM
UPDATED: Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:59:06 AM

AKRON -- An Akron man is in jail Friday night after a disturbing video helped convict him of felonious assault.

Video: Watch the assault

An argument inside Davinci's Pizza Parlor this summer ended in Mark Jones brutally beating Joseph Scarpino.

It started when Jones' girlfriend cut in line and Scarpino commented about it while on the phone.

Scarpino suffered several injuries including a broken nose, chipped tooth and concussion.

Watching this tape, Scarpino says the beating isn't what disturbs him the most.

“The thing that's most disturbing is that there's seven guys in there and they did nothing,” he said. They all were willing to witness, but they did nothing.

Jones was sentenced to four years in prison.

His girlfriend will stand trial for felonious assault next month.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.