Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Anything BIG happen to you today? Joy of Joys! I JUST got into an auto accident!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion and Politics

Anything BIG happen to you today? Joy of Joys! I JUST got into an auto accident!

Old 02-18-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm driving down a street in the rain here in Hollywood, and a guy pulls out of a huge painted triangle (on the ground) in front of a Fire Station and HIT'S ME in my right door & scratches the HELL outta my automotive hind quarters!

The back of my car did a PIT MANOUVER/SWING OUT thing, but I had it under control in seconds, and backed my car into the triangle next to him.

I got out of my car and said, "What the HELL were you thinking?", and he kinda shrugged his shoulders and said, "Where did I get ya?" so, I walked him over BY THE SCRUFF OF HIS LITTLE BARNEY FIFE NECK to the right
side of my car, and PUSHING HIS SCRAWNY SKINNY FACE INTO THE DENT, I showed him the damage he did to my precious baby.

IT"S A BRAND NEW 2005!!! GAWD DAMNIT!!!

I do everything in my power to avoid accidents, and this guy comes OUTTA NO WHERE (and where he shouldn't have been in the first place let alone making a left turn) and nails me as if our cars were in some sort of mating ritual or something/whatnot.

I took out my camera and took like "20" pictures.

We exchanged info and there just happened to be a guy in a white pickup truck behind him that saw everything and said he'd be my witness!

Anyway...that's what happened to ME today.

It's ALWAYS SOMETHIN'...

Anything BIG happen to YOU today?

DISCLAIMER: Any reference to any physical contact with me and the Gentleman that hit me (other than a handshake at the end of our encounter), is presented for dramatical purposes only and never happened in actuality.

THEEK THIS!

Last edited by The Edit King; 02-18-05 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Given your previous thread on your crazy road rage, I'm surprised you didn't get chimpanzee-violent on his face.
Old 02-18-05, 02:39 PM
Banned

You're too nice.
Old 02-18-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, that wouldn't have helped anything and besides, it's a great day and I'm feelin' MIGHTY fine, BWG!

(Well, not as fine as you, havin' that REALLY COOL avatar and all... )
Old 02-18-05, 02:44 PM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just hit this guy in Hollywood. I couldn't help it. I just felt our cars had to mesh in some sort of strange futurist mating ritual. It was a true work of art, and I could tell the other guy appreciated it just as much as I did.

When I got out of the car, he actually grabbed me by the scruff of my Barney Fife neck and shoved my face into the rear of his vehicle, as if to say, "Look at all this beautiful damage you've done! Isn't it lovely?" And then, as if driving this newly transformed butterfly of a car wasn't enough, he proceeded to pull out his camera and take several pictures, probably to show to his friends and family the fantastic art piece he just received.

And then, out of the blue, a passerby felt compelled to stop and compliment my handiwork. In fact, he said he'd even testify in court as to the richness of the piece, going over every moment in loving detail, as it will forever be etched into the farthest corners of his brain.

I do so love being an artist, and I can't help but smile when others appreciate my work as much as I do.
Old 02-18-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have fun driving the craptacular Ford Focus his insurance company will stick you in.
Old 02-18-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

(Very nice and MOST entertaining! )

...but if it really WAS you, Mallet Man, Ida let it slide, and we'da had lunch! ON ME!

Old 02-18-05, 02:51 PM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Edit King

(Very nice and MOST entertaining! )

...but if it really WAS you, Mallet Man, Ida let it slide, and we'da had lunch! ON ME!

I'm not known for smashing my car. I've been in two accidents, and each time, it was the other person's fault.

But if I ever smash somebody's car, I know to make it yours, THEEK.

Edit: Wait...lunch ON you? You mean you'll have me eat sushi off your naked body?

Last edited by Supermallet; 02-18-05 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Now with more naked sushi
Old 02-18-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As long as you keep your hands offa "MY BUDDY" (aka: "The Royal Staff"), everything will be Jake!

No...Make that Double Jake!

THEEKINWEENIE

Last edited by The Edit King; 02-18-05 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 03:12 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe you'll be lucky and get put in a Dodge Magnum like my coworker did. Unfortunately, it didn't have the HEMI.
Old 02-18-05, 03:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
This thread has caught teh gay...
Old 02-18-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I failed to break 90 (shot a 91) for the first time in 2+ years...on an easy course! I hit very poorly off of the tee, but made it a point to try all of my different drivers and go for 'improvement'. I got 6-7 pars (no birdies!), and sunk 2-3 in the water. Minus those bad holes, I shot well. I knocked down 5-6 wedges within 8' of the pin, (All scrambling to save pars) and putted pretty well. (4-5 1 putts).

-pedagogue
Old 02-18-05, 03:30 PM

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
I failed to break 90 (shot a 91) for the first time in 2+ years...on an easy course! I hit very poorly off of the tee, but made it a point to try all of my different drivers and go for 'improvement'. I got 6-7 pars (no birdies!), and sunk 2-3 in the water. Minus those bad holes, I shot well. I knocked down 5-6 wedges within 8' of the pin, (All scrambling to save pars) and putted pretty well. (4-5 1 putts).
I shot a 40 for 9 holes last Sunday. Didn't have time for 18. A birdie on #1, and downhill from there.

My February 18th 2005 has been very uneventful, thankfully.
Old 02-18-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Given this brush with death, I am wont to ponder: Has the line of succession for the Kingdom of Edit ever been established?
Who would assume the throne, should the unthinkable happen?
Old 02-18-05, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
wow, THEEK! That's is the suck that your new car got messed up. Don't that always seem to be they way it works though? You probably never got hit in your old car, huh?

Anyway, nothing exciting happening on my side of the Orange Curtain. Just took my doggie for a walk between storms... woo!
Old 02-18-05, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

somebody sounds angry.

maybe if you didn't waste time in the mornings trying to finish watching dvds you wouldn't have been at that wrong place at that wrong time. something to think about eh?
Old 02-18-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Edit: Wait...lunch ON you? You mean you'll have me eat sushi off your naked body?
We have a penalty. On the Poster. Illegal use of a "Groucho". 15 yards.
Old 02-18-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So I'm driving down a street in the rain here in Hollywood, and a guy pulls out of a huge painted triangle (on the ground) in front of a Fire Station and HIT'S ME in my left door & scratches the HELL outta my automotive hind quarters!
Sorry to hear you got whacked

... or in other words, once again:

Ya gotta stop giving me reasons to use that!
Old 02-18-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts
Ok.. that's the last time I'll google images of Karma at work.
Old 02-18-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bronkster
wow, THEEK! That's is the suck that your new car got messed up. Don't that always seem to be they way it works though? You probably never got hit in your old car, huh?

Anyway, nothing exciting happening on my side of the Orange Curtain. Just took my doggie for a walk between storms... woo!
Actually, the last 3 accidents I had were all in NEW cars and each time it happened, "I" was the one that got hit!

Go Figure... &
Old 02-18-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Myster X: Well, it's a good day...

Turd: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Andy: OOOOHHHH!!!

Nosmo: ???

wendersfan:

brizz:

Goldberg:

Dah-Dee: & I LIKE that one!

DH:

Last edited by The Edit King; 02-18-05 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Myster X: Well, it's a good day...

Turd: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Andy: OOOOHHHH!!!

Nosmo: ???

wendersfan:

brizz:

Goldberg:

Dah-Dee: & I LIKE that one!

DH:
Fine...DON'T respond to me!

-pedagogue
Old 02-18-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pedagogue
Fine...DON'T respond to me!

-pedagogue
(Actually, I was saving yours for last!)

peddy: I don't understand that much about golf but I'd better respond to your post because if I don't I'm afraid you'll get all mad & angry and stuff.

&

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 02-18-05 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-18-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Well I did lock my entire keychain inside my car -- taking groceries out of trunk, dropped them in accidentally and stupid hatchback shut while I was putting bags on the ground. I could kick myself -- it was just so cold that I wasn't paying enough attention at the same time.

Now I haven't been able to actually get a locksmith on the phone all afternoon who works on cars. Just my luck. I was extremely fortunate that the supply sgt was in his office today so I could get an extra key for my room otherwise I'd really be SOL on this long weekend.

Hope I can get someone tomorrow. We're supposed to be getting more snow and I left my window cracked -- also tried the old coathanger trick, but no luck with my '87 Acura and it's "primitive" locks.
Old 02-18-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sucks dude.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.