Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Clark Howard vs. Matthew Lesko

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: In a fight, who wins: Matthew Lesko or Clark Howard?
Matthew Lesko
68.75%
Clark Howard
31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a simple question. A baby could answer it. In a fight (rules are up to you), who wins: Matthew Lesko or Clark Howard ... and why?

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 02-16-05 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Matthew Lesko would win, and then get a government grant for Clark Howard's medical bills.
Old 02-16-05, 04:20 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is either one of them a ninja? No? They both lose!
Old 02-16-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is that Geoff on the bottom picture?
Old 02-16-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would pick Clark Howard, but his poor use of space on the picture makes me pick the riddler.
Old 02-16-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who's Clark Howard? (I'm not going to click on the picture.)
Old 02-16-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who are these dorks?!?
Old 02-16-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

never heard of Clark Howard
Old 02-16-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if it's the same Clark Howard I get on Talk Radio.
Old 02-16-05, 05:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Whoever wins, we lose.
Old 02-16-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There is no comparison. Clark Howard is a highly respected Atlanta-local consumer advocate who preaches personal responsibility. Yeah, he's cheap, but he's fair. From the site listed above, Matthew Lesko is a get-rich-quick huckster who promises something for nothing (grants). Just compare the sites and judge for yourself.

During the last local election (2002), Clark Howard joked on the air about how he would like to run for Mayor of Atlanta. For his 3-hour broadcast he said that he was thinking about running. The other candidates were scared shitless that he might actually do it. Clark Howard would win against just about anyone short of Mother Teresa, and he would give her some serious competition. He has that much respect.

He will probably run for Mayor in the next decade. He was originally interested in politics before he got into his travel agency.

Oh, a cage match! In that case Clark would cower snivelling in the corner while Matthew opened up a can of whoop-ass financed by a government grant.

Neal Boortz tells a story about when Clark came over to watch a movie at his house. During the scary parts, he hid behind a pillow. On the other hand, the audio snippet Neal played of Clark saying "You wouldn't believe how cheap it is to Bangor!" is pretty funny (say it out loud). But I digress...

Last edited by Pistol Pete; 02-16-05 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I say Lesko, because Howard looks like he'd be easier for Lesko to defeat, unlike Batman.
Old 02-16-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I would pick Clark Howard, but his poor use of space on the picture makes me pick the riddler.

There's definitely some synergy going on there!
Old 02-16-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now I've got that damn commercial stuck in my head!
Old 02-16-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
There is no comparison. Clark Howard is a highly respected Atlanta-local consumer advocate who preaches personal responsibility. Yeah, he's cheap, but he's fair. From the site listed above, Matthew Lesko is a get-rich-quick huckster who promises something for nothing (grants). Just compare the sites and judge for yourself.

During the last local election (2002), Clark Howard joked on the air about how he would like to run for Mayor of Atlanta. For his 3-hour broadcast he said that he was thinking about running. The other candidates were scared shitless that he might actually do it. Clark Howard would win against just about anyone short of Mother Teresa, and he would give her some serious competition. He has that much respect.

He will probably run for Mayor in the next decade. He was originally interested in politics before he got into his travel agency.

Oh, a cage match! In that case Clark would cower snivelling in the corner while Matthew opened up a can of whoop-ass financed by a government grant.

Neal Boortz tells a story about when Clark came over to watch a movie at his house. During the scary parts, he hid behind a pillow. On the other hand, the audio snippet Neal played of Clark saying "You wouldn't believe how cheap it is to Bangor!" is pretty funny (say it out loud). But I digress...

i bet I know who voted for Clark Howard
Old 02-16-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pistol Pete

He has that much respect.
As respected as he is, there's something hilariously pathetic about a man who would use Halloween-themed napkins for a Christmas party because it saves him 7 cents.

das
Old 02-16-05, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know who this Clark Howard person is, but he looks like Subway Jared.
Old 02-16-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Clark Howard is great. I used to listen to him here in LA.
Old 02-16-05, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think he has that much respect...although he does have something of a cult following.

i remember an article he wrote for the AJC in 2000 or so talking about how people should by VCDs instead of DVDs. They are cheaper and the quality difference is negligible. I was going to write back pointing him to DVDTalk, but just wrote him off instead
Old 02-16-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I like Clark Howard a lot, but I voted for Lesko. Clark's an honest guy who gives out advice on being frugal and managing money wisely, while Lesko wrote a book that puffs up things anyone could find out about on their own and sells it for too much money to stupid people. I think Lesko would win because he would do whatever it took while Clark would do whatever was right.
Old 02-16-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lesko. He would jump on Howard like a violent chimpanzee, swinging wildly and biting at his face while screeching "FREEEEEEE!!" the entire time.
Old 02-16-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to listen to Clark Howard when I lived in Atlanta from 92-98 (probably more like 94-98 or so). A lot of the advice he has to offer is common sense in my opinion -- kind of like Suze Orman. (i.e. Pay down your credit card, save for retirement, and add an extra $100 to your mortgage payment every month)

He's got a pretty informative show, and helps out a lot of people with scams/situations that people have come across.

What's the thing about his medical bills? Has he gotten into medical problems?
Old 02-16-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lesko would beat him him down LAPD style with that big ass book of grants...
Old 02-16-05, 11:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

True story, I saw Matthew Lesko at a Border's bookstore in Rockville, MD. It wasn't for a promotional appearance, he was just there buying a book or drinking coffee or something. It was Hallowe'en and, sure enough, he was wearing an all-orange suit for the occasion. At first I didn't know if it was him or not... and then I was like, "Who else looks like that AND dresses outrageously?" I looked him up on his website, and he's from that area of MD.
Old 02-16-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Clark Howard has some good advice, though. Kind of like Suze Orman. Sure, they seem kind of out there with their ideas, but if you apply them to your lifestyle, you can save a ton of money.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.