Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Ok so, ... my mom has been dropping the F bomb.

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Ok so, ... my mom has been dropping the F bomb.

Old 02-14-05, 07:28 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so, ... my mom has been dropping the F bomb.

Lately, id say like in the last 6 months to a year, my mom has been droppin the F bomb around me. (yes, the F word). Very casually. Not out of frustration or anger, just when she talks about every day stuff.

I dont know how i should react to it. Should I laugh? should cuss right back?

What would you say if your mom did it.

I have decided that the next time i hear it from her, i am going to stop her and say something along the lines of , "you know, i just thought id let you know, that when you say that, it really sounds kinda trashy, and unintelligent, and makes you look bad. Just thought id let you know"


Is that what youd do?
Old 02-14-05, 07:31 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh, i can see that response going over very well
nope, thats not what i would do

do you tell your friends that, when they say it around you?
Old 02-14-05, 07:32 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: in da cloud
Posts: 26,196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drop it back around her

get into a contest of who can say it the most
Old 02-14-05, 07:44 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Times Square
Posts: 12,133
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe she's watching too much cable tv - like, Deadwood.

(This could give a whole new spin on those V-chip parental-control devices.)
Old 02-14-05, 07:45 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did drop it back on her one time, but it didnt seem to have any effect

she said something like, can you believe that house down the street sold for 260 fucking thousand?

and i said, Fucking A!

and she just right on rambling- and rambleing



should I drop the M.F. bomb in return?
Old 02-14-05, 07:48 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Posts: 29,706
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuck the fucking fuckers
I love that mp3
Old 02-14-05, 08:09 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,609
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe she's been watching Chiris Rock videos.

Who cares. She's a grown ass woman. Stay out of grownfolksbitness.
Old 02-14-05, 08:16 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
FantasticVSDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: No longer trapped
Posts: 11,610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...It was my mom who taught me the F-bomb. I still think she holds the record for saying fuck in one sentence when she was arguing with my dad on the phone once. What a lovely childhood I had
Old 02-14-05, 08:41 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 5,663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get that fuck the fucking fuckers shirt that guy wore into BBV.
Old 02-14-05, 08:46 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
she finally thinks of you as a big boy
Old 02-14-05, 08:57 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,207
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My parents amuse me. They don't really curse or do anything like that, because they are the All American parents....but if everyone is drinking and having a good time, my parents can be alot of fun. (Their word use and topics become broader)

-pedagogue
Old 02-14-05, 09:59 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
she finally thinks of you as a big boy

i finally old enough to hear and use the dirty words. woot !


Fuck you all you fucking fuckers
Old 02-14-05, 10:09 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next time say:

"You fuck my Dad's cock with that fucking fuckhole of a fuck mouth? Fuuuuuuuuck."



She should get the hint.
Old 02-14-05, 10:10 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,609
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Next time say:

"You fuck my Dad's cock with that fucking fuckhole of a fuck mouth? Fuuuuuuuuck."



She should get the hint.
Old 02-14-05, 10:17 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, my mom and dad never curse around me. I don't think my dad does, ever. I'm pretty sure my mom does, but she's never, not once, said "fuck" around me. I think I would get sort of uncomfortable if she did. To me it would be like her giving me sex advice.

Although a few months back when she was visiting something went wrong and I said "shit" under my breath without even realizing it. She laughed.
Old 02-14-05, 10:34 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Next time say:

"You fuck my Dad's cock with that fucking fuckhole of a fuck mouth? Fuuuuuuuuck."



She should get the hint.



way to step it up a notch pusser. i laid it out all nice and easy with the F bomb, and you had to come in and violate my family.

someone pass the tylenol, you MOTHERFUCKER
Old 02-14-05, 10:43 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a notch stepper!!!!!!


Are you saying it wouldn't work?
Old 02-14-05, 11:14 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Posts: 1,210
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd hit it.
Old 02-14-05, 11:15 AM
  #19  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 11,544
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
What would you say if your mom did it.
I doubt I'd notice unless it was forced or something.

I have decided that the next time i hear it from her, i am going to stop her and say something along the lines of , "you know, i just thought id let you know, that when you say that, it really sounds kinda trashy, and unintelligent, and makes you look bad. Just thought id let you know"
Is that what youd do?
No, decidely not. If I honestly felt that way, I'd re-evaluate myself and figure out why I was being so stupid.

Seriously, they're just fucking words. If you think using words for emphasis makes somebody look "unintelligent", then I'd consider why you have this false-to-fact notion. Word choice is not an indicator of intelligence, and it's not even a very good indicator of a person's ignorance about a variety of subjects (although it does have some bearing).

Take me for example. It has been said that I "cuss like a sailor" at some times. I am, in fact, a college graduate with a wide variety of knowledge on many different subjects and just a little bit of reading here or on other forums will back up that fact. The fact that I often use so called "curse words" doesn't make me unintelligent or ignorant, no matter what the fuck you happen to think it sounds like.

The simple fact here is that you are the one with the problem, not your mom, and I'd seriously suggest that you consider why it is that you have this misleading and incorrect correlation between word choice and intelligence.
Old 02-14-05, 11:49 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to up the ante with a casually placed ****....rhymes with bunt.

The next step will even be tougher.
Old 02-14-05, 12:04 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
way to step it up a notch pusser. i laid it out all nice and easy with the F bomb, and you had to come in and violate my family.

someone pass the tylenol, you MOTHERFUCKER
Dude, we're not there yet.
Old 02-14-05, 12:30 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Otto
I doubt I'd notice unless it was forced or something.


No, decidely not. If I honestly felt that way, I'd re-evaluate myself and figure out why I was being so stupid.

Seriously, they're just fucking words. If you think using words for emphasis makes somebody look "unintelligent", then I'd consider why you have this false-to-fact notion. Word choice is not an indicator of intelligence, and it's not even a very good indicator of a person's ignorance about a variety of subjects (although it does have some bearing).

Take me for example. It has been said that I "cuss like a sailor" at some times. I am, in fact, a college graduate with a wide variety of knowledge on many different subjects and just a little bit of reading here or on other forums will back up that fact. The fact that I often use so called "curse words" doesn't make me unintelligent or ignorant, no matter what the fuck you happen to think it sounds like.

The simple fact here is that you are the one with the problem, not your mom, and I'd seriously suggest that you consider why it is that you have this misleading and incorrect correlation between word choice and intelligence.


LOL!!!! good lord man, your reading way too far into this. But nice thesis paper.
Old 02-14-05, 01:05 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,425
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
Lately, id say like in the last 6 months to a year, my mom has been droppin the F bomb around me. (yes, the F word). Very casually. Not out of frustration or anger, just when she talks about every day stuff.

I dont know how i should react to it. Should I laugh? should cuss right back?

What would you say if your mom did it.

I have decided that the next time i hear it from her, i am going to stop her and say something along the lines of , "you know, i just thought id let you know, that when you say that, it really sounds kinda trashy, and unintelligent, and makes you look bad. Just thought id let you know"


Is that what youd do?
And with this, yet another Otter's secret Identity is revealed....

Old 02-14-05, 01:09 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Posts: 7,991
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Time to up the ante with a casually placed ****....rhymes with bunt.

The next step will even be tougher.

You mean the four letter word that defines some some women?

Spoiler:
aunt
Old 02-14-05, 01:19 PM
  #25  
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 11,544
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
LOL!!!! good lord man, your reading way too far into this. But nice thesis paper.
I don't think I'm reading too much into it. You were pretty clear in the first post. I don't see how saying "fuck" a lot makes one sound "unintelligent" and I'd like to know why you think it does.

I admit that to many people, cursing does give that impression. That impression is usually wrong. And so for most of those people who think that cursing makes one appear to be unintelligent, I consider them to be frickin' stupid, or usually worse.

Sorry, but you happened to hit one of my talk buttons with this particular topic.

If I just wanted to point out the irony, I would suggest that going online, typing lowercase with bad punctuation and using things like "LOL!!!!!" make one appear to be a frickin' idiot as well.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.