Reload this Page >

My neighboor just put sign up on apt hall door

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 02-12-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"This is NO Bull!" Followed by drawing of a bull. "Whoever keeps slamming this door is going to feel the wrath of hell"
ROFL. He is basicly representing my feelings though I lack the courage do such a thing. Our hallway door slams with such force about 30 times a hour that my own apt door rattles and I have cracks now at wall above it. Seems we got new neighboor that just graduated from a supervised home of mentally handicapped individuals, besides pacing at all hours of day, she scream out "songs" to lord as well that I can hear from 2 apts over. Tough situation all over but I think I need tell him to take that down even though its funny as hell, couldn't that be seen as threat?
Old 02-12-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Write on there "This IS a bull" and an arrow pointing to the bull.
Old 02-12-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We need to see visual evidence of said sign.
Old 02-12-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
People are always slamming doors in my building, it's annoying as hell. That, and some people don't seem to understand the concept that an effeciency apartment is one room. "You don't need to knock on their door for 10 minutes, it's not like they're in the basement and can't hear you. IT'S ONE ROOM!"
Old 02-12-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That reminds me of my neighbour back when I was living in an apartment building. Everytime he came and left, he would slam shut his own apartment door without fail, and it bugged the hell out of me. (he also liked to listen to his stereo loud). Unfortunately he was much bigger than me, so I couldn't make him "feel the wrath of hell" I don't miss living in an apartment building one friggin' bit.

Can't the hallway door of your building be fixed with one of those hydraulic kind of things (don't know what they're called) that ease the door shut?
Old 02-12-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are two smokin' hot chicks in my building with one of those small dry erase boards stuck to the door. The other night I was leaving and the board said (paraphrased) "Pizza Guy, We will show you our boobies for free pizza. Knock once if yes, three times if no."
Old 02-12-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cultshock
Can't the hallway door of your building be fixed with one of those hydraulic kind of things (don't know what they're called) that ease the door shut?
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winnah!!

Bring the problem up with building management and ask that they either speak with the new tenant or install a hydraulic on the door or, preferably, both. If they fail to do anything, move.
Old 02-12-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
There are two smokin' hot chicks in my building with one of those small dry erase boards stuck to the door. The other night I was leaving and the board said (paraphrased) "Pizza Guy, We will show you our boobies for free pizza. Knock once if yes, three times if no."
I would imagine they were expecting pizza soon because of that (I imagine they don't leave that up all the time) ..next time you see it go knock once and see if she (they) come to the door with their shirts up
Old 02-12-05, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, it might pay off for you to keep an empty pizza box handy for such situations.
Old 02-12-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
one night one of my 3 neighbors was doing what sounded like hammering nails. couldn't figure out for sure which apartment it was coming from. it was from 3-5am or some insane hours like that
the next day on my way out I posted a sign on the bulletin board above the mailboxes asking to please not to whatever they were doing. came back about an hour later and the sign was gone
didn't hear any more pounding though
Old 02-12-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Originally Posted by pilot
I would imagine they were expecting pizza soon because of that (I imagine they don't leave that up all the time) ..next time you see it go knock once and see if she (they) come to the door with their shirts up
and take pics
Old 02-12-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Take it off its hinges!
Old 02-12-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Trelach24
We need to see visual evidence of said sign.

Strong agreement
Old 02-13-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Yeah, it might pay off for you to keep an empty pizza box handy for such situations.
Heck, just buy a pizza, and say they can share it with you...