Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

No More Talking Babies!!!

Old 01-12-05, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No More Talking Babies!!!

The whole talking baby phenomenon (if it can even be called that) was maybe clever and funny about 10 years ago. It was a novelty, to have a baby talk like an adult, with its lips moving while making cute faces. Tonight, while I was watching Iron Chef, I saw what must have been the absolute pinnacle of digging up an old idea and making it worse. It was a Quizno's commercial, whose commercials haven't been all that bad recently. But the advertising executive who decided to paste some fucker's mouth on a cute baby boy must be destroyed, for all our sakes. The mouth didn't even look normal sliding around on the poor child's chin; it looked like some 13 year old kid just found a shareware version of some shitty animation software laying around and decided to destroy their home movies by pasting his drunk uncle's dirty mouth over his little cousin's first words. Just shameful.
Old 01-12-05, 02:26 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by FinkPish
the absolute pinnacle of digging up an old idea and making it worse.
You obviously havent seen this:

Old 01-12-05, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For obvious reasons, I haven't seen that. At least in the ads for that movie, they seemed to try to make it somewhat convincing. This commercial looked like it was made back in the days of The Ed Sullivan Show.
Old 01-12-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
You have to much time on your hands
Old 01-12-05, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What makes that commercial even worse, if it could be any worse, is that it's Baby Bob. You know, that obnoxious character from the horrid CBS series a couple years back? Who all started because of a stupid commercial for freeinternet.com... Why won't this dumb idea just die already?
Old 01-12-05, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Strongly agreement. I was (bad) shuddering at that ad last evening.

Nor should they be baring babies' asses for diaper commercials. It's not cute, and must be a real "innocent" treat for pedophiles. I mean, how does the bare ass of a baby sell more diapers? Reminding the parents that they have to buy them, and that there's a crap-covered ass that needsa cleanin'.
Old 01-12-05, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by coladar
What makes that commercial even worse, if it could be any worse, is that it's Baby Bob. You know, that obnoxious character from the horrid CBS series a couple years back? Who all started because of a stupid commercial for freeinternet.com... Why won't this dumb idea just die already?
In Hollywood, some ideas fail up.
Old 01-12-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IMHO, it is WORLDS better than the retarded commercials that they have shown in the past... hello... dead rats (or marmosets or whatever) anyone? makes you want a sub sandwich, huh? man sucking wolf teat? mmm mmm, making you hungry yet?

http://www.anupriyo.com/blog/archive...emonkeys.shtml

http://www.molly.com/2003/09/27/quiz...s-commercials/

http://www.jeffblaylock.com/southrim/000467.shtml

Last edited by ScottyWH; 01-12-05 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-12-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah!!! Kill the babies!!

I saw it for the first time last night too and thought it was kind of funny.
Old 01-12-05, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You have to much time on your hands
Incidentally, congratulations on your 47,521st post!
Old 01-12-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ScottyWH
IMHO, it is WORLDS better than the retarded commercials that they have shown in the past... hello... dead rats (or marmosets or whatever) anyone? makes you want a sub sandwich, huh?
*gasp* Blasphemy! I loved the spongemonkeys! It's your fault their gone!

X
Old 01-12-05, 09:36 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Id go one step further and say they should ban any stupid 'mouth moving' special effects in movies and ads-- be it a baby or dog, cat -- anything that dosnt talk. Its not funny.
Old 01-12-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xander
*gasp* Blasphemy! I loved the spongemonkeys! It's your fault their gone!

X
It's okay Xander . . . they'll always be with us in our hearts . . .

Old 01-12-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Incidentally, congratulations on your 47,521st post!
Old 01-12-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by talemyn

whoops... sorry... dead rats made me want to barf up a sub sandwich
Old 01-12-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by talemyn

"They have a pepper bar!"

Old 01-12-05, 03:23 PM

RatherGood.com
Old 01-12-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WhoGirl

Nor should they be baring babies' asses for diaper commercials. It's not cute, and must be a real "innocent" treat for pedophiles. I mean, how does the bare ass of a baby sell more diapers? Reminding the parents that they have to buy them, and that there's a crap-covered ass that needsa cleanin'.
you can't be serious.

oh, and I HATE talking babies too....HATE THEM.
Old 01-12-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I saw what must have been the absolute pinnacle of digging up an old idea and making it worse. It was a Quizno's commercial, whose commercials haven't been all that bad recently. But the advertising executive who decided to paste some fucker's mouth on a cute baby boy must be destroyed, for all our sakes.
Yet here you are talking about Quizno's and getting others to talk about Quizno's. I say, give that advertising executive a raise.
Old 01-12-05, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Numanoid
Yet here you are talking about Quizno's and getting others to talk about Quizno's. I say, give that advertising executive a raise.
I guess no publicity is bad publicity, eh? Unless of course you're receiving NO publicity, then that's bad.
Old 01-12-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brizz
you can't be serious.
oh, and I HATE talking babies too....HATE THEM.
I am serious, and don't call me "You."

The bare ass of a baby is nothing I want to see on regular television stations. It's not cute or funny to me. In any context. Maybe it's because I hate babies in general.

I wasn't saying the were targeting pedophiles, but pedophiles would love an ad like that more than any other audience, except mothers (but in a different way.) You can't show the bare ass of a six year old on basic television, but why are babies allowed to? It doesn't seem right. Legally, since there are sickos like that out there who prefer infants, it just shouldn't be shown. Make sense now?

Well, looky-look here. See what's "Coming Soon!"

The last one of the trilogy has talking dogs!! Talking dogs!!

Last edited by WhoGirl; 01-12-05 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Do I need a reason for editing? No, but I do like this extra line. Aww yeah.
Old 01-12-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WhoGirl
I am serious, and don't call me "You."

The bare ass of a baby is nothing I want to see on regular television stations. It's not cute or funny to me. In any context. Maybe it's because I hate babies in general.

I wasn't saying the were targeting pedophiles, but pedophiles would love an ad like that more than any other audience, except mothers (but in a different way.) You can't show the bare ass of a six year old on basic television, but why are babies allowed to? It doesn't seem right. Legally, since there are sickos like that out there who prefer infants, it just shouldn't be shown. Make sense now?
I'm sorry, but that reasoning is ludicrous. There are sickos out there who get off on, well, just about anything you can imagine. So what? Should we not show any Mannequins? Stuffed animals? shirtless boys?
Old 01-12-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brizz
I'm sorry, but that reasoning is ludicrous. There are sickos out there who get off on, well, just about anything you can imagine. So what? Should we not show any Mannequins? Stuffed animals? shirtless boys?
This could go into a huge debate, but I don't want to hijack the thread any further, so I'll briefly reply to this without going into much detail.

Shirtless is one thing. Bare-assed is another.

There is a fetish for everything, but one prominant one that can be nipped in the bud is naked children on basic stations.

No response to why six-year-olds are forbidden to show rear, but naked babies are?

Last edited by WhoGirl; 01-12-05 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Must... not... get far into.. this... thing..
Old 01-12-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the whole moving mouth over a photo needs to go. I mean I understand Conan would be out of a job but its soooo not funny.
Old 01-12-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I think the whole moving mouth over a photo needs to go. I mean I understand Conan would be out of a job but its soooo not funny.
JINGLE ALL THE WAY NOW ON DVD!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.