Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Dead People vs bare backs and nipples

Old 01-11-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dead People vs bare backs and nipples

So why isn't there a outcry over seeing little kids washed out to see or train loads of dead bodies. Janet lets a nipple pop out and some housewife jumpes in some guys arms and the world is coming to a end. People demanding that tv networks protect the children from the bare backs of ladies. Yet not a word about dead people. Maybe its good for kides to see other children having their lives taken away by the force of god.

Oh I know why there is no outcry. I know its true name.
Old 01-11-05, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everyone dies. Not everyone has sex.
Old 01-11-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Because we have issues with sex. We don't have many issues with death.
Old 01-11-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Also consider the context. If you watch the news, you know you might see bad stuff. If the Nipple had happened on NYPD Blue, there wouldn't have been much about it. If it had happened on SNL, it wouldn't have done much either. Now if you show the dead bodies, etc. as a clip during a Spongebob episode, you might have a different reaction.
Old 01-11-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Puritan views.

Lots of people die, but 'sex' is a dirty word.

-pedagogue
Old 01-11-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Something like the Janet Jackson uproar happens because people (read: suburban housewives) don't want to be reminded that they are way down the list when it comes to being hot. Seeing dead bloated bodies actually makes some of the same people (read: suburban housewives) look good by comparison. Hence, no complaints.
Old 01-11-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

wat r u tawkin aboot?
Old 01-11-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I bet Mickey Rooney has a great rack.
Old 01-11-05, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got halfway thru a long response when I realized that you are most likely a troll, so I deleted it
Old 01-11-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmm. I wonder what sort of reaction if you combined the two.
Old 01-11-05, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by naughty jonny
Hmmm. I wonder what sort of reaction if you combined the two.
Six Feet Under?
Old 01-12-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Also consider the context. If you watch the news, you know you might see bad stuff. If the Nipple had happened on NYPD Blue, there wouldn't have been much about it. If it had happened on SNL, it wouldn't have done much either. Now if you show the dead bodies, etc. as a clip during a Spongebob episode, you might have a different reaction.
That's just it they play or have played the thing at different times that caught me off guard. Like for example during a comercial break for a prime time show. A time when kids might be watching. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off. Its like the stupid banned on tv comercial where the lady gets hit by train. They played the thing at all hours at random. It freaked me out each time I saw it and gave me nightmares. True they didn't show the train hitting her but the cut was way to close.

Just a few days ago Channel 5 was like tune in at 10 to see stunning new footage then shows a clip of kid getting hit by a wave. This is just to effing much. Now we have mud slides and the flood in CA. I don't know how many times I've seen some guy fall into rushing water after a rescue attempt. Maybe he lived and they are just trying to screw me up even worst. Right not the media is on a death orgy. Anything showing death they play and glorify it to get ratings.

Now I have another example of commercials being played when kids would be watching. The Victoria Secret commercials that they play all the time is just as bad as the housewife commercial. I would say the housewife commercial is more tame even.
Old 01-12-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
That's just it they play or have played the thing at different times that caught me off guard. Like for example during a comercial break for a prime time show. A time when kids might be watching.
I highly doubt that kids are watching "Desperate Housewives" or "Jerry Springer".

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off. Its like the stupid banned on tv comercial where the lady gets hit by train. They played the thing at all hours at random. It freaked me out each time I saw it and gave me nightmares. True they didn't show the train hitting her but the cut was way to close.
Ah, now we cut to the heart of the matter. You're pissed because you wanted to see the lady get hit by a train...and they left you hanging.

Just a few days ago Channel 5 was like tune in at 10 to see stunning new footage then shows a clip of kid getting hit by a wave. This is just to effing much. Now we have mud slides and the flood in CA. I don't know how many times I've seen some guy fall into rushing water after a rescue attempt. Maybe he lived and they are just trying to screw me up even worst. Right not the media is on a death orgy. Anything showing death they play and glorify it to get ratings.
Ummm, welcome to the the "Television Age". The nightly news broadcasts have been the original and ultimate "reality show" since the invention of broadcast TV. There is nothing new now... just more opportunities to take advantage of.

Now I have another example of commercials being played when kids would be watching. The Victoria Secret commercials that they play all the time is just as bad as the housewife commercial. I would say the housewife commercial is more tame even.
What time of day did the commercial air? What was the show? What was the channel? Let's talk a little about specifics.
Old 01-12-05, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was just thinking I might have seen these things at late night hours. I'm really what time they were on. Probably getting upset over nothing. Wouldn' be the first time.
Old 01-12-05, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by pedagogue
Lots of people die
So, some survive? Just curious.