Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Simpson, Lachey Sorry for Pitt, Aniston

Old 01-11-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Simpson, Lachey Sorry for Pitt, Aniston

I can sleep better at night knowing how Nick and Jessica feel about the breakup of Brad and Jennifer. I'd feel even better if I knew how John Travolta and Kelly Preston felt about Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson feeling bad about Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan11.html
NEW YORK - While the rumors proved true about the marriage of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, they haven't come home to roost for another Hollywood couple: Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.

Simpson, whose two-year-old marriage to Lachey has been the subject of considerable media speculation, is sympathetic to Pitt and Aniston's situation.

"Any marriage is tough," Simpson told the syndicated TV entertainment show "Access Hollywood" in an interview that aired Monday night. "You go through struggles and it's work. You have to make it happen."

On Friday, Pitt and Aniston issued a statement saying they were separating after 4 1/2 years of marriage.

"For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any speculation reported by the tabloid media," the actors said.

In November, Simpson denied rumors that she and Lachey were on the rocks, telling People magazine, "Our relationship is better than it's ever been. We are absolutely not breaking up."

The pop singer and co-star of the MTV reality show "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica" admires the way Pitt and Aniston dealt with their breakup.

"I think they probably issued a statement because they thought they owed it to their fans," Simpson said. "There are people who are fans of them together, and it's good to hear from the person and not believe the lies."

Others in Hollywood also reacted to the split.

"I'm shocked," said Matt LeBlanc, who co-starred on the hit NBC sitcom "Friends" with Aniston.
Old 01-11-05, 02:13 PM

Any reports on how Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner feel about all this? I don't think I'll get to sleep tonight until I find out.
Old 01-11-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Somebody tell that jizztrap there's laundry that needs folding.
Old 01-11-05, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just reading stupid shit like that makes me want to put a gun to my head and end the madness. WHO GIVE A FUCK???? GOSH!!!!
Old 01-11-05, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What she should be sorry for is her sister.
Old 01-11-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
"Like, breathing is SO tough," Simpson told the syndicated TV entertainment show "Access Hollywood" in an interview that aired Monday night. "It's work and you have to make it happen."
Old 01-11-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JustinS
What she should be sorry for is her sister.
actually, her sister's kinda entertaining...just to think...what could she mess up next?