Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Where is my shemale?!

Old 01-01-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Where is my shemale?!

I'd never tried it before, but I put a "vacation stop" on my mail when we left town last week. The printout says that the mail that is collected while we are away will be delivered to our box when the mail resumes and items that won't fit in the box shoud be picked up at the post office. Mail was scheduled to resume on the 31st.

So we get back in town and the next day, the mail comes for the 31st. Just that day's mail. So I go to the post office to get all the mail that came in while we were away (which likely contains some paychecks) and they say they don't have any mail there and to check the mailbox. So I go back home (after an hour and a half, after waiting in lines and driving across town to the post office that delivers to us even though there are 2 post offices closer and yes I've tried those) and of course the box is (still) empty.

So my mail wasn't delivered, the post office doesn't have it, and I'm suposed to call the supervisor but of course the post office isn't open until monday. If it wasn't being delivered, it obviously wasn't stolen from the box... so what the heck do I do?
Old 01-01-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would wait at least one more delivery day. It may be sitting on a loading dock or in a truck at your local post office. Everytime I have done the vacation stop/ start delivery thing, it always takes me a couple of days to get all my mail. I have found the best thing to do is pick it up from the post office instead of having it sent to your house. If you get home from vacation a little early or late, then you can resume your mail whenever you get back.
Old 01-01-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RaraFemina
I would wait at least one more delivery day. It may be sitting on a loading dock or in a truck at your local post office. Everytime I have done the vacation stop/ start delivery thing, it always takes me a couple of days to get all my mail. I have found the best thing to do is pick it up from the post office instead of having it sent to your house. If you get home from vacation a little early or late, then you can resume your mail whenever you get back.
Yeah, I think that's a better idea too. I guess it wouldn't be as big of a pain either if it weren't for the holiday today, etc.

I think you're right, that it's sitting somewhere waiting to be delivered or was in a truck en route back to the post office or something, but it disturbed me a little that the post office couldn't tell me where it was, just that "it's not here", and "it's not at your house." That was very helpful.

Thanks for the feedback... it's reassuring to know that it can take a couple days sometimes. I wish the post office had said the same thing.
Old 01-01-05, 10:47 AM
Mod Emeritus

I remember this happening to us when we tried it as well, they are horrible at it apparently. I remember never wanting to do it again and just letting the damn mail accumulate and letting the mail guy figure out how to get it in the box.
Old 01-01-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
I remember this happening to us when we tried it as well, they are horrible at it apparently. I remember never wanting to do it again and just letting the damn mail accumulate and letting the mail guy figure out how to get it in the box.
I think we've decided to have our neighbors pick it up for us next time.
Old 01-01-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For what it's worth, I've had nothing but good luck having my mail held, and I've done both the I'll-pick-it-up and cram-it-all-in-my-box method.
Old 01-01-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

ask Buford
Old 01-01-05, 12:38 PM
Mod Emeritus

U could get one of those big daddy mail boxes.
Old 01-01-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My mail is currently getting tossed on the floor (in the entryway, as that is where it rests once it comes through the mail slot) until I pick it up when I return to Sweden. My roommate would never go through the trouble of actually putting somewhere, methinks.

I'm sort of wondering what I will have waiting for me when I return.

Last edited by muggins; 01-01-05 at 03:27 PM. Reason: bjork bjork gloegg
Old 01-02-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gallant Pig
Probably not the best plan. If it becomes to full to add mail. The postal worker can just remove accululated mail and hold it with future mail at the post office. After 30 days, the helf mail is either returned to sender or destroyed depending on class of mail and request of sender.

Other fun things that I have learned about mail.

If a neighbor blocks your mailbox, the mail carrier can get out and leave you note that mailbox is blocked but not put mail in it.

If it more than 50 feet (I believe), they do not have to bring oversize mail/parcels to your door. They can leave a note in mailbox asking to come to the local branch to collect it.

If you have your flag up for outgoing mail. They do not have to stop unless you have incoming mail.

That's why I Christmas tip my mail carrier. Not to bribe him but to say thank you for doing more than obligated to by postal regulations.
Old 01-02-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Getting help from the Post Office is like talking to a box of fucking rocks...Their only reply is "it should be there, just wait a few more days."
Old 01-02-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Getting help from the Post Office is like talking to a box of fucking rocks...Their only reply is "it should be there, just wait a few more days."
Those are some talented rocks... you could make some $$$.
Old 01-02-05, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Those are some talented rocks... you could make some $$$.
naw...They would be like Michigan J. Frog and just "ribbit" when it was time to do it live in front of an audience
Old 01-02-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

your she male sir

Old 01-02-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice title change, but now Thor will never find his thread
Old 01-02-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Thor did regular searches for shemale
Old 01-03-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Cameron
your she male sir

Eehhhhh! Sorry, that is NOT a shemale sir. He's a transvestite. Keep it straight...er uh...so to speak.

Old 01-03-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Roto
Nice title change, but now Thor will never find his thread
Actually, this just saved me the work of starting my next topic.
Old 01-03-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've done 3 stop mails in the past 5 months. Once it came the day it was supposed to and the other two were the day after. Plus they brought it one of those bins which was nice. I would start to worry if you do not get anything by Tuesday.
Old 01-03-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"It's a shemalé!"
Old 01-03-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could this please get moved over to Mature so we can start posting some good pics?
Old 01-03-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Flashback
I've done 3 stop mails in the past 5 months. Once it came the day it was supposed to and the other two were the day after. Plus they brought it one of those bins which was nice. I would start to worry if you do not get anything by Tuesday.
Yeah, hopefully it arrives today. It's not a stupid no-mail holiday of some kind today is it?
Old 01-03-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My guess would be in Brazil.
Old 01-05-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I finally caught the mail carrier when he came to our box today to ask him what is up (after several calls to the post office where they said they would check on it and return my call and did not).

He says that the day we made the stop notice, he was off and his replacement never told him, so he kepty delivering our mail while we were away and that everything that was in the box is what came...

...which consists of a missing child notice and a store coupon... as if that's all the mail we got, over christmas, for 8 days. Right.

So I'm guessing that either our mail was stolen or they lost it and don't want to own up to it, or something else. The mail carrier wouldn't even look me in the eye. I'm sure the person at the post office spoke to him about it since he immediately knew what I was talking about.

I have no idea what bills, gifts, documents or checks were in that mail and I'm not sure how I can ever find out on some. Obviously I can contact my clients who may have sent payments during that time to find out, but that's not always easy with their billing departments. Most importantly, I think we may be missing a mortgage statement and a check for $3,200 to pay said statement.

This is so friggin' frustrating. I'm going to call the post office again, but I really don't know what they can be expected to do further.

I'm not sure I have any recourse if the post office failed to put a stop on the mail and then it was stolen.

Any advice? I'm at a loss here.
Old 01-05-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Call DarkElf, he may have some USPS pull on the West Coast

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.