Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

His name was Sam

Old 12-31-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His name was Sam

I found this and thought it needed to be shared.

http://www.sniksnak.com/ac/sam.html
Old 12-31-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There goes my New Year's Eve...

Old 12-31-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow I really don't know what to say. I am speechless
Old 01-01-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know, that reads to me like a pile of bullshit.

I know it makes people sad to think about animal being euthinized, but there are a lot of them, and sometimes that's what has to be done. Nobody I know who works with the vet or the humane society would spring this surprise demonstration on anyone. I've seen animal remains treateds with respect, I've never seen a 'wheel barrell' full of dead dogs and cats laying around the office.
Old 01-01-05, 02:00 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
This story makes Bando cry.
Old 01-01-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What an asshole - he ends up taking the puppy back to the pound after the speech is over like some cheap whore to be dumped back off at the street corner?
Old 01-01-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I stopped reading after the first sentence or two, after realizing how long it was. What's the gist of the story?
Old 01-01-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
What an asshole - he ends up taking the puppy back to the pound after the speech is over like some cheap whore to be dumped back off at the street corner?
That's exactly what I thought. So much for persuading herself!
Not sure I believe the story though.
Old 01-01-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Meh. Better to go painless than ending up roadkill.
Old 01-01-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i think i'll skip this one.
Old 01-01-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Author unknown" indeed. Could it be because it's an obviously manufactured story completely contrived to evoke emotion, right down to the Nazi-esque executioner? Please.

Obviously, you can't argue the fact that too many animals are euthanized for too casual of reasons, but I'd bet real money this story never took place.
Old 01-01-05, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger
My thoughts exactly. What a bitch. The author is a woman, I think, hence the 'Jim and I' statement.

She feels really bad, but doesn't want a dog in HER life. This is what I hate about most causes with these type of people (environmentalists, especially). They tell YOU what YOU should do, but they don't give a shit, either. They still want their fuckin' SUVs, but you shouldn't drive one.

F that. I'm the opposite of this douche. I'll put the kittens in the burlap and drop 'em in the river. It's a fucking animal, for Pete's sake.
Old 01-01-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Because a person does a story on an Animal Shelter and finds out this information does not make them responsible for any of them. Is the story true? Maybe. But if they are not in the position to take the animal home the responsible thing to do is NOT to take one. That is how much of this problem happens in the first place.

And if a person is unable to comment negatively upon something without using improper language you should buy a fucking dictionary and open it.
Old 01-01-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mllefoo
I found this and thought it needed to be shared.

http://www.sniksnak.com/ac/sam.html
why?
Old 01-01-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I'll put the kittens in the burlap and drop 'em in the river. It's a fucking animal, for Pete's sake.
I sincerely hope this is some kind of difficult-to-get joke.
Old 01-01-05, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I posted this because of my frustration at my job. I work at a veterinary clinic and I actually got in trouble for trying to convince somoene to get their oversized pet store yorkie spayed.

It would appear it is against the rules of the hospital for me to say anything negative about breeding cats and dogs just because they think "fluffy needs to experience motherhood" or "bruno needs to keep his manhood". Most of the people who breed dogs and cats don't know jack shit about breeding or the consequences of their actions. I see so many people walking into the hospital with four week and five week old puppies that someone sold to them (usually because "their eyes are open so they must be ready" or "they're really big now and I just don't want them in the house making a mess anymore" and all kinds of other lame excuses for allowing animals too young to leave mom.)

I don't have a problem with people who breed as long as they know what they're doing, and will take responsibility for EACH and EVERY dog and cat they bring into the world. This means taking the animals back for any reason and rehoming them if the original owners cannot or will not care for them anymore.

I also wanted to illustrate the lame reasons people give up on their pets. I actually had a lady come into the hospital and insist on putting her dog to sleep because he didn't match her decor.

If more people took the time to do their research before getting a pet, and spaying or neutering their pets, there'd be less heartache at the shelters.

Just a thought.
Old 01-01-05, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Preacher
And if a person is unable to comment negatively upon something without using improper language you should buy a fucking dictionary and open it.
Preach on, Preacher!

And take your own advice.

If you have a problem with the words I use, maybe you should cry to the powers that be so we can't use them anymore.
Old 01-01-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Preach on, Preacher!

And take your own advice.

If you have a problem with the words I use, maybe you should cry to the powers that be so we can't use them anymore.
If your parents find out you have been using their computer, you are in for some trouble.
Old 01-02-05, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow . . . whodd-a-thunk that foo's thread about poor, little, animals would end up like this?

I'd better get comfy . . .
Old 01-02-05, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by talemyn
... can we get this as a forum smiley?
Old 01-02-05, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mllefoo
I posted this because of my frustration at my job. I work at a veterinary clinic and I actually got in trouble for trying to convince somoene to get their oversized pet store yorkie spayed.

It would appear it is against the rules of the hospital for me to say anything negative about breeding cats and dogs just because they think "fluffy needs to experience motherhood" or "bruno needs to keep his manhood".
That's shocking. Who decided on this policy against you making "negative" suggestions to spay or neuter animals? That sounds completely about face to the vets I'm familar with.
Old 01-02-05, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting story, though of course it sounds like pure fiction.

mllefoo, out of curiosity, how much does your office charge to put a dog or a cat to sleep? And does that include corpse disposal?
Old 01-02-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

As with most stories, I'm sure there are places that do this, but it really varies per city. Sad nonetheless. I wish we could do this for adoption centers. Maybe people would think twice before bringing a kid into this world, only to easily dump the kid off at a local adoption center.
Old 01-02-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

F that. I'm the opposite of this douche. I'll put the kittens in the burlap and drop 'em in the river. It's a fucking animal, for Pete's sake.
wow, ur so cool!LOLOMG
Old 01-02-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know the cost of euthanasia because we rarely do it. The vets will do everything they can for an animal before finally giving up on it. They won't euthanize just because someone wants to be rid of their animals. We turned down a lady point blank when she came in insisting we put her cat down because it scratched the furniture.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.