Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Hostage situation going on minutes from my apartment!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-31-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/31/off....ap/index.html

So I wake up this morning to my brother leaving me a message that was somewhat cryptic about a cop being taken hostage and shot. So I turned on the TV and sure enough, that's what happened. Apparently they're still holed up in the house now. This is pretty close to my place but my brother's apartment is actually within earshot. He said he could hear the tear gas and concussion grenades going off around midnight last night, that and there were helicopters circling the place all night.
Pretty scary stuff, hope the cop makes it out of this alive. From the sounds of it, he's probably not doing so good right now.
Old 12-31-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Might be time to call in Team Rainbow.
Old 12-31-04, 12:11 PM
Suspended

A spokesman for the Department of Correction said the suspect, whose name was not released, had been terminated in 1999.

Well that says enough.
Old 12-31-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oddly enough, (and I kid you not) I had a dream last night involving a hostage situation in a house. I was there at the scene to see a guy brought out by police, who had the place totally surrounded.

I had completly forgotten about it until I saw this post.
Old 12-31-04, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Old 12-31-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that's really creepy. You haven't had any other "Walken" type moments have you ?
I talked with my brother a little bit ago and he mentioned that the SWAT team is apparently now in the house but the hostage and suspect are in the basement. He also said he heard that the cops were going to try flooding the basement to flush the suspect out but I'm not sure if that was legit or not.
Either way I'll update the post when I have any new info.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 12-31-04 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-31-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

call in the SWAT team......
Old 12-31-04, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn, he killed the cop then shot himself. Coward.
Old 12-31-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/31/off....ap/index.html

So I wake up this morning to my brother leaving me a message that was somewhat cryptic about a cop being taken hostage and shot. So I turned on the TV and sure enough, that's what happened. Apparently they're still holed up in the house now. This is pretty close to my place but my brother's apartment is actually within earshot. He said he could hear the tear gas and concussion grenades going off around midnight last night, that and there were helicopters circling the place all night.
Pretty scary stuff, hope the cop makes it out of this alive. From the sounds of it, he's probably not doing so good right now.
Incredibly sad situation this is. Cardiff you actually live only a few minutes from me. I live just off Newington Road, just before the 24-hour CVS in West Hartford. My brother and I could hear the two police helicopters circling all of last night. It's a shame that bastard had to take the ***** way out.
Old 12-31-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Might be time to call in Team Rainbow.
Old 12-31-04, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rot in hell cop killer
Old 12-31-04, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MonkeyG
Damn, he killed the cop then shot himself. Coward.
I just heard this on a radio. The cop was a long-time honored officer and of course had a family. I'd like to have been the one to give the coward some justice.
Old 01-01-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wow, i was really hoping it would turn out differently but it looks like the worst happened. As much as I make jokes about cops in suburban towns like Newington, in reality their jobs are still very dangerous as things like this can happen anywhere.
Old 01-01-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wierd, there was a hostage situation in my city on Xmas eve. It was pretty crazy since nothing like that happens around here. The gunman walked into the corner/liquor store and held 2 people hostage. 3 shots were fired but the gunman, the hostages were let go, the hostage taker killed himself and the building burned to the ground
Old 01-01-05, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What are you waiting for? Go over there with a pizza, knock on the door and say "pizza guy", when the gunman opens the door and takes the pizza and reaches for his wallet, untie the cop and the two of you run out.

Simple enough. If it helps, have a few beers first, but get over there, and let us know what happened, once you get out of jail.
Old 01-02-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There was a major one a few streets away from me last year. The guy demanded KFC, so the police shipped in bucket after bucket of the stuff from the KFC in the next street. Little did they know that the guy's friend worked there and was putting little packets of dope in each bucket. In the end, the guy passed out from smoking all the drugs and they managed to arrest him.