Reload this Page >

What's your best comeback?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-30-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last night I played a $10+1 S&G on Bodog. 10 players, each starts with $1000.

I did fine for the most part, but started to lose towards the end. Down to 4 and I have $660, the others have $3xx, $6xxx, and $2xxx. BB is $300 and the short stack goes out. I am BB at $300 and the middle stack raises, big stack raises, and I fold my crap. I figure there is a chance that the middle guy may go out and I would get second. That's exactly what happens.

Okay, I have $360 and he has $9,640. It looks pretty bleak. Next hand I get TT so I go all in (as opposed to slow playing him ), and I double up. $720 to $9,280. BB and I get KK. He calls, I go all in. He had 99, but I double up again. $1440 to $8560. From there I had a few more hands, folded a few times, etc. Finally took the lead, and got a 99 in the SB. He goes all in with about $2500 and I call. He was bluffing, or at least hoping for something great to happen on the flop. He has 89. I win it all.

Best comeback I have ever had for heads up.
Old 12-30-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

$5/1 Omaha Hi/Lo sng
($800 each, 10 players),

I'm down to $219, and I eventually double up 5 times and win it all.
I actually wrote about it in my xanga (I know, I know).
its the last entry on the front page.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=succubiss
Old 12-30-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

One SNG I had about 300 early on, picked my spots, ended and finished in 4th w/ about 5K in chips.

45 player SNG with about 35 left- play money table starting a 1.5K
I have about 40 chips. I go all in and win, get it up to 130 or so. Next hand I have AA. I go all in. Most call. But I lose to Q3 somehow. Would have had about 1300 or so and quite a story to tell the grandkids had I comeback.
Old 12-30-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...and I tell him, “You expect WSOP play at a $5 SNG? What a moron.”
Old 12-30-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’ve been down to around 100 or so several times at SNGs and managed money or better.

It feels good to be able to do it, but JEEZ it’s a lot of work.
Old 12-30-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

cant' remember my best, there has been a few.

But just now I accidently signed up for a heads up $20 LIMIT Omaha HI/LOW tournament (just the two players).

I didn't pay attention (thought it was $20 NL Holdem).

I was down to 110 (out of the total 3000 chips) and came back to WIN.
Old 12-31-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"The jerk store called ... they're running out of you."
Old 12-31-04, 12:53 PM

Can't remember exactly, but it was a $5 or $10 SNG, 4 people left. I had about 200 chips, went all in with A8 I believe, someone called with AK. Board paired for a second time on the river for a split pot and I came back to win after a couple double ups in a row.
Old 12-31-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dude threw his cards on the table proclaiming "STRAIGHT BITCHES!"

To that I replied "all i've got is a littly tiny flush."

That was a good one.
Old 12-31-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had two pair on the flop, and even though there was a 3-flush on the board, I reraised my sole opponent. He gave me the hairy eyeball and just called.

The turn was another ace, and he checked. I bet and he raised. I wanted to milk him on the river, so I just called.

My boat sailed in on the river, and I maintained my usual stone face as I bet out. He raised his last four chips, and I called, flipping over my A10 with a big grin to reveal aces full.

“You must be Wizdar,” he said, as he showed his two tens to take the pot with quads.

Without missing a beat, I shot back, “Shows what you know. I’m Deftones.” With that, I picked up my last chip and tossed it to the dealer as I got up.

Over my shoulder as I headed for the bar, I added, “Esquire.”

I bet that cost him some sleep.

Last edited by Wizdar; 12-31-04 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-31-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I held a $40 tournament at my house a few weeks ago. At one point I was down to a mere $3 and got Q/Q. Went all-in... trippled up... I was back in the game... and ended up winning my own damn tournament !
Old 01-01-05, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

$40 SnG a few days ago.

Called a 3X raise in the BB with QJsuited. Flops was 10Q8 and I bet 600...he calls and the turn is a J. I push all in with the two pair and he shows K9.

I walk away from the monitor just sick (figuring he would not have made that preflop raise w/ K9os). I come back a few moments later only to discover that I actually had $125 in chips left. So I'm in 9th position out of 9 w/ just that stack left...and I end up finishing 2nd to a guy that called EVERYTHING and outdrew me repeatedly.
Old 01-07-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

20 player 2-table tourney last night.

early on I isolate a guy after the flop and push all in on him. Board was J27 and I had JA. He called my preflop raise with J2! I ended up with only $144 left after that bullshit defeat.

I double up on the next hand with KK. Triple up a few hands later with QQ that flopped trips. Ended up finishing 3rd overall and in decent money. $32 on a $8 buy.
Old 01-07-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizdar
I had two pair on the flop, and even though there was a 3-flush on the board, I reraised my sole opponent. He gave me the hairy eyeball and just called.

The turn was another ace, and he checked. I bet and he raised. I wanted to milk him on the river, so I just called.

My boat sailed in on the river, and I maintained my usual stone face as I bet out. He raised his last four chips, and I called, flipping over my A10 with a big grin to reveal aces full.

“You must be Wizdar,” he said, as he showed his two tens to take the pot with quads.

Without missing a beat, I shot back, “Shows what you know. I’m Deftones.” With that, I picked up my last chip and tossed it to the dealer as I got up.

Over my shoulder as I headed for the bar, I added, “Esquire.”

I bet that cost him some sleep.
Wow. You really do have a hardon for me, don't you.
Old 01-07-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn_betcha.