Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

when did kvrdave start working at walmart?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-30-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.wftv.com/news/4035165/detail.html
Old 12-30-04, 11:10 AM
Banned

Thank goodness I live in the South. They wouldn't even understand why somebody should be arrested for that sort of thing down here. I only understand it because I understand that most people in the North are damn_hippies.
Old 12-30-04, 11:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Otto

Thank goodness I live in the South. They wouldn't even understand why somebody should be arrested for that sort of thing down here. I only understand it because I understand that most people in the North are damn_hippies.
Evansville IN IS in the South...

Hell, the entire state of Indiana is just about the most 'Southern' Midwestern state I can think of.
Old 12-30-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wendersfan
Hell, the entire state of Indiana is just about the most 'Southern' Midwestern state I can think of.
I'd vote for Missouri.
Old 12-30-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

WTF IS WRONG HERE? What the hell would they have done at the pound? They would have killed it. It doesn't say they tortured the animal. They just shot it. How the hell is that animal cruelty?

Old 12-30-04, 11:21 AM
Banned

Indiana forms part of the northern border of the US. It touches a Great Lake. How in the hell is that "south"? I wouldn't even consider Kentucky to be in the south, really. Tennesee only barely is. Missouri's southern third I'd consider to be "south", but everything above that is definitely "north". St. Louis is absolutely "north".

I've been to Indiana. I've known people from Indiana. I have relatives in Indiana. No part of Indiana is in the South.

Last edited by Otto; 12-30-04 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-30-04, 11:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Otto
Indiana forms part of the northern border of the US. It touches a Great Lake. How in the hell is that "south"? I wouldn't even consider Kentucky to be in the south, really. Tennesee only barely is. Missouri's southern third I'd consider to be "south", but everything above that is definitely "north". St. Louis is absolutely "north".

I've been to Indiana. I've known people from Indiana. I have relatives in Indiana. No part of Indiana is in the South.
Maybe, being from Memphis, you have a different set of standards for 'Southern' than I do, since I'm technically from Appalachia and not from the South at all. Still, I've known more rednecks from southern Indiana than from just about anywhere else in the country.
Old 12-30-04, 11:28 AM
Banned

"The South" is more a state of mind than geographical location.

I've seen parts of Northern Nevada that remind me of the South.
Old 12-30-04, 11:29 AM
Banned

Maybe, being from Memphis, you have a different set of standards for 'Southern' than I do, since I'm technically from Appalachia and not from the South at all. Still, I've known more rednecks from southern Indiana than from just about anywhere else in the country.
Fair enough, but the subdivision of humanity known as "redneck" is not exclusive to the south by a long shot. I've known rednecks from everywhere. And they all have that same redneck accent, no matter where they are from. It's kinda weird, actually.

Go to Georgia and actually leave Atlanta for a while. Experience the people down there. Then you'll come back and wholly agree with me that IN is not in the south.
Old 12-30-04, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

more importantly, why wasn't kvrdave featured in Playboys' Women of Walmart issue?
Old 12-30-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Because of my weiner
Old 12-30-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally Posted by Green Jello
"The South" is more a state of mind than geographical location.

I've seen parts of Northern Nevada that remind me of the South.

Agreed. In NJ, just go below I-195. The number of gunracks and confederate flags on pickups increases exponentially each mile further south you go. Hell, there's a rodeo in south Jersey, called Cowtown. First time I drove by it (due to a detour) I was wondering if I had been transported somewhere else without my noticing it.
Old 12-30-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave
WTF IS WRONG HERE? What the hell would they have done at the pound? They would have killed it. It doesn't say they tortured the animal. They just shot it. How the hell is that animal cruelty?

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, but I agree.

They should be charged with discharging a firearm within the city limits, but as long as they killed the cat quickly, I don't see where the "cruelty" portion comes into play. If I were on the jury there's no way I'd convict.
Old 12-30-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i went hunting cats one time

i was in the army and we were deployed to saudi arabia and there were cats with rabies or some other disease in the compound. We went to kill them or drive them out.

We chased one poor cat and it ran up a fence and over some barbed wire trying to get away from us.
Old 12-30-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Heat

They should be charged with discharging a firearm within the city limits, but as long as they killed the cat quickly, I don't see where the "cruelty" portion comes into play. If I were on the jury there's no way I'd convict.
I was serious. This is stupid.
Old 12-30-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why is shooting a cat a federal crime?
Old 12-30-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think we should ask this guy:

-pedagogue
Old 12-30-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Years ago when I lived in Monterey there was a case where a guy had a rat/mouse thingie in his house and called the humane society for help getting rid of it. They were going to come help him, but took too long, so he shot the rat. Not sure what happened to the guy, but it made the news for animal cruelty. I took notice, because that seemed far less cruel than the glue traps I was using in my house.
Old 12-30-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

True. I had a friend in high school who moved to Indiana to live with his dad. He came back to visit his mom after a year and he had turned into a complete redneck. He had a drawl and I almost kicked him out of my house for saying ************. He apologized and said, "It's just different there." Yeah
Old 12-30-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat

Did either one of you read the story?

Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Department report said.
Unless these two happen to be world class pellet marksmen it would take more than a few pellets to kill a cat, and when it did die I'd imagine it was from blood loss. I've been shot with a pellet gun; It hurt like a motherfucker and that didn't even break the skin.

A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
I hope these two end up doing some time and end up on the wrong end of some big inmate's "pellet gun"
Old 12-30-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Didn't see that part. Thanks.

I've been shot with a pellet gun; It hurt like a motherfucker and that didn't even break the skin.
Experience has shown me that a good pellet gun can do a fair amount of damage and break the skin. At least in dogs
I hope these two end up doing some time and end up on the wrong end of some big inmate's "pellet gun"
I think that is far too harsh a penalty for this, personally. I would certainly agree that they should have used something more appropriate that would have killed the cat quicker, though.
Old 12-30-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NORML54601

Unless these two happen to be world class pellet marksmen it would take more than a few pellets to kill a cat, and when it did die I'd imagine it was from blood loss. I've been shot with a pellet gun; It hurt like a motherfucker and that didn't even break the skin.

I didn't see that part, either. I also hope they end up doing time with some over-sexed crazy muther with a liking for virgin butt.
Old 12-30-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For those who missed it, the cat died THE FOLLOWING DAY (after being shot repeatedly). That is why they are getting what they deserved. If you take a cat to the pund, it is put to sleep, not shot and left to die.
Old 12-30-04, 08:27 PM
Mod Emeritus

Didn't see that part. Thanks.

Experience has shown me that a good pellet gun can do a fair amount of damage and break the skin. At least in dogs

I think that is far too harsh a penalty for this, personally. I would certainly agree that they should have used something more appropriate that would have killed the cat quicker, though.
Sounds like they did it to get their jollies off if they did it with a pellet gun. Walmart has actual guns they could have used to do the job quick, a shotgun surely should have been used. I'm not sure why they wouldn't call animal control in the first place? Maybe someone would have adopted it, there are a lot of programs that let a stray animal get adopted.

Oh yeah, Animal Cruelty is a felony in Indiana, so regardless of your opinion on whether it's "too harsh penalty or not", they could definitely do time.

Personally I'd say a fair penalty is to shoot each of them the same amount of times with the same pellet gun.
Old 12-30-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I personally hope they do time. It was WRONG. If the boys did the same thing to a person, people would be screaming for the murderers' heads. It will teach those morons in Evansville that there ARE consequences to your actions. You can't just do what you're told--that's why we have a FREE WILL.

And to think, my mother left Chicagoland for that redneck town. Not her best decision IMO.

Last edited by PrincessT; 12-31-04 at 09:01 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.