Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Post your DISASTROUS DATE experiences -

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Post your DISASTROUS DATE experiences -

Old 12-05-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In my early 20's, recently divorced - went on a blind date set up by my best-friend's girlfriend - she knew the girl from a class she was taking.

Had to drive 45 miles to pick her up. She's a dumb blonde, fairly attractive, but has this raspy party-chick smoker's voice that was fingernails on a chalkboard. Proceeds to tell me her life story, including her struggles with her eating disorder.

We never really clicked. We had to meet my friend and his GF for dinner and a movie. I spent the whole evening waiting for it to be over, knowing I had to drive her 45 miles home, then 45 miles back to my place so I could go to bed and get up for work the next day.

Got the wave when I dropped her off, which was just fine by me.
Old 12-05-04, 09:49 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
although vagina isn't rare, it's still a very hot commodity.....
I'm not brave enough to make that my sig.

Any takers?
Old 12-05-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I went out with this girl that my sister's friend set me up with... we were both working for police agencies, so she figured it was a natural fit.

I pick her up, and she's hot... but boring. She gave one-word responses to everything during the whole evening, I mean, *zero* conversation... well, the restaurant where we were eating (that she selected) had a bar on the side, with a television mounted to the wall. On the wall, it was playing CNN and they were showing something about a gay marriage bill getting shot down...

... at which point she overhears and launches into this 10 minute speech about how the gays are all going to rot in hell for all eternity with all of the other sinners and Jews and whatever else she threw in there... I don't think I have ever been more uncomfortable in my life.

Good times.
Old 12-05-04, 10:29 AM
Banned

Guy I was dating bought us tickets to a show. He's 20 minutes late getting to our meeting place because he couldn't decide whether to get a $900 prada bag.
I was dressed pretty nicely because it's not often someone takes me out and it's actually the first time someone ever took me to see a B'way show. Somehow or another, I guess I was fishing for a compliment about how I looked or something, and it eventually came out that he didn't like the way I dressed. That it wasn't good enough.
So we walked to the theater. A hot guy comes out of the gym, freshly showered and whatknot. My date responds how he would like to "have a good work out with that guy." When I question him as to why he's checking out other guys on dates, he says to "get over it and it's something he'll always do."
We get inside and he acts like he barely knows me. Now, although this kid is flaming, he refuses to touch me or act overly affectionate.
Eventually, during intermission, the conversation somehow gets back to the way I dress. He comments that he's seen "some" nice things in my closet and he's sure he could come up with something "presentable" for our date. I couldn't believe it and he said "well what do you want me to say? That you look amazing? Because that would be a lie."
For the record, I was wearing black pants and a khaki colored button down shirt.
So yeah, after the date I told him I have no interest in seeing him again.
He almost cried. I felt horrible and went home.
Probably one of the worst I've ever been on.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 12-05-04 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So you get shit on (clothes comment) and disrespected (his leering at other guys) and then is upset that you are not interested in dating??? What a freak.
Old 12-05-04, 03:49 PM

I've never had a nightmare date either. Worst have just been boring or the guy was an idiot.. but then the date was over and I didn't have to see them again.

I have no horror stories. lol
Old 12-05-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wonderdrug, you near Augusta GA ?
Old 12-05-04, 04:06 PM

Not too too far away, why, you live in GA?
Old 12-05-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Never had a nightmare like you losers describe.

I didn't even get to eat her *****
Fixed
Old 12-05-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeh-

we should hook up for a date so we can report the results here in the thread -

(yes, ill get PICS)

Last edited by skiblet; 12-05-04 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 05:22 PM

Who me and you? lol But what if it went well, then we'd have nothing to report..

Yeah, I got pics.. Do you?
Old 12-05-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yup, got pics, will travel.

send me an email, lets chat. [email protected]
Old 12-05-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We could make it the official DVDTalk blind date, and start a thread on it. That'd take the place of the all the unofficial dvdt dates.
Old 12-05-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-05-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wonderdrug , how old are you ?
Old 12-06-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Guy I was dating bought us tickets to a show. He's 20 minutes late getting to our meeting place because he couldn't decide whether to get a $900 prada bag.
I was dressed pretty nicely because it's not often someone takes me out and it's actually the first time someone ever took me to see a B'way show. Somehow or another, I guess I was fishing for a compliment about how I looked or something, and it eventually came out that he didn't like the way I dressed. That it wasn't good enough.
So we walked to the theater. A hot guy comes out of the gym, freshly showered and whatknot. My date responds how he would like to "have a good work out with that guy." When I question him as to why he's checking out other guys on dates, he says to "get over it and it's something he'll always do."
We get inside and he acts like he barely knows me. Now, although this kid is flaming, he refuses to touch me or act overly affectionate.
Eventually, during intermission, the conversation somehow gets back to the way I dress. He comments that he's seen "some" nice things in my closet and he's sure he could come up with something "presentable" for our date. I couldn't believe it and he said "well what do you want me to say? That you look amazing? Because that would be a lie."
For the record, I was wearing black pants and a khaki colored button down shirt.
So yeah, after the date I told him I have no interest in seeing him again.
He almost cried. I felt horrible and went home.
Wow, that's pretty bad. That guy really must've been having a bad manner day. Consider yourself lucky that this cad wasn't someone you had to work with, or worse a family member.
Old 12-06-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to go totally opposite here, sorry.

This past Saturday, I sat at home all day drinking beer and watching football. At about 8pm my roommate gets a call from a girl thats a friend of his and she comes over with her friend to hang out.

Long story short I end up sleeping with her friend and I didn't spend a dime, so thats my all time best date.
Old 12-06-04, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I'm going to go totally opposite here, sorry.

This past Saturday, I sat at home all day drinking beer and watching football. At about 8pm my roommate gets a call from a girl thats a friend of his and she comes over with her friend to hang out.

Long story short I end up sleeping with her friend and I didn't spend a dime, so thats my all time best date.

That kinda shit never happens to me.

and probably not Maxwell Smart.
Old 12-06-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Nothing too horrible, just some bad dates.

1) The Nothing in Common Girl
She replied to my ad on AOL's Love.com personals, we had some good conversations, she was a teacher, fairly intelligent. First date we met for dinner and went to the movies to see Meet the Parents. Ended with a hug. Second date, she wanted to meet at Friday's, which I hate but I went, and during dinner she is very silent. I try to start conversations and she's not interested. Now, I love film and music, so I figure I'll find out what she likes, and she tells me she's not into either of them. So I'm wondering why she replied to my ad, which detailed my love of both. Needless to say, it ended with a wave and I never saw her again.

2) Stealth Bad Breath
Blind date, met her at a coffee shop where she liked to do karaoke. She sang hideously. We went to the beach and boardwalk, had some good fun, kissed. Second date, she has me pick her up at her house, I get there and it's wall to wall trash on the floor. Inches deep in places. Empty pizza boxes for carpeting. Her behemoth of a dog slobbers all over my pants and hands. We go to the movies because, well, I dunno, I should have run. We see that crappy Kevin Bacon invisible man movie and the whole time there I can smell her breath. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Ends with a wave, I never see her again.

3) She's a good eater
She replied to my personal ad, sent a pic. She seemed a bit plump, but not overly so. Besides, I liked girls with some meat on them. I pick her up at her house where she lived with her cop mom. She's huge. Like 300+ lbs. Again, I should have run, but for some reason, maybe the cop mom, I was a trooper and we went into NYC for our date. We ate at Jekyll & Hydes (her idea) and she ate an entire pizza in front of me. I ordered a chicken wrap and barely touched it, my appetite completely destroyed by what I witnessed. We were supposed to go to some bars but I claimed I was tired and we left. In the subway station, she announced loud enough for all to hear that it was so hot she was sweating like a pig. We get to her house and for some unknown reason (insanity?) I went inside with her. She went into the bathroom, came out in a few minutes with her top half undone and hopped into her bed. I backed up into a corner. I must have looked like a bug against the wall. She put on mood lighting, soft music. I mumbled something about having to go to work the next day (Sunday?) and got the hell out of there.

All that said, you'd think I'd have been through with blind dates and internet personal ads, but I did meet my fiancee through a personal ad and things have been wonderful with her ever since. I figure you have to go through some rough ones to make you truly appreciate the good one.
Old 12-06-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by skiblet
wonderdrug , how old are you ?
Please, the one thing I love about this board in general is the lack of personal outside conversations. Make your dates elsewhere.
Old 12-06-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Guy I was dating bought us tickets to a show.

If I went on a date with a guy, it'd be the worst date that I could have gone on too.

Old 12-06-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
That kinda shit never happens to me.

and probably not Maxwell Smart.
I know man, must've just been my night. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen. Maybe it was because I let her win at pool?
Old 12-06-04, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by weargle
If I went on a date with a guy, it'd be the worst date that I could have gone on too.

har-de-har-har-har :P

If you went on a date with me, it'd be the best date you ever went on. Guaranteed.
Old 12-06-04, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
har-de-har-har-har :P

If you went on a date with me, it'd be the best date you ever went on. Guaranteed.

Either way, digitalfreaknyc I'm sorry that happened to you. No one should be treated that way.
Old 12-06-04, 11:50 AM

I have two worst date stories and surprisingly, they were both blind dates.

Story 1:
My roommate in college was starting to meet people online, by way of match.com, etc, so I thought I'd give it a try. I post my profile online. Get a couple of replies and I start conversing with one of the girls. We seem to get along well, mostly writing back and forth to each other. We seem to have a lot in common, both seem pretty active, etc. The only troubling thing is that she has no picture posted of herself, while I do (HINT #1). I keep asking her to post a picture or send me a picture, but she says she can't figure it out. So we make plans to meet, again, I'm still very nervous that I have not seem a picture of this girl and keep asking her to send me one. Well she doesn't but I take some solace in the fact that she says that she was in modeling school for a while. GREAT I think to myself, she can't be that bad. So we decide to meet at a mall by where she lives. Also, for the record, I am a senior in college and come to find out she is a freshman, again I little concerning, but not overly so, at least I don't think. So we decide to meet by the food court (HINT #2) and she tells me what she's going to wear and I tell her what I'm going to wear, granted I have a picture of myself online, so she should know what I look like anyway. So I go to the food court, and granted I'm maybe 5 minutes late, but I go and walk around and don't see anyone fitting her description. So I sit down at a table and I wait . . .and wait . . .and wait. So I wait about 45 minutes to a hour, and I don't see her. So I call her apartment and leave a message saying sorry, must have missed you, we'll have to reschedule. She calls me back 10 minutes later saying she didn't see me, blah blah. I ask her if she wants to, has time to meet now or if she wants to reschedule. She says she's only a couple of minutes away. So I tell her I'll be waiting by a specific restaurant. So I'm sitting and waiting. . .and waiting. Finally about 30 minutes later, I see a girl round the corner that fits her description of what she said she'd be wearing and my first instinct was to . .RUN. Run as fast as I can; fun fast, run hard. Now I'm by no means a big guy, about 5'8" and about 150 pounds at best. This girl had to have been about 6'-6'2" and about 250 pounds. So i relunctantly walked up to the girl, with my head down like a scolded puppy, I'm sure, and introduced myself. We shook hands and decided to walk around the mall and talk.

Ok, so this is where I realize that all the things that I thought we had in common, are not quite true. She told me before that she used to run cross country; well, that's not quite true, she would walk behind the cross country team as they did their training. She also said she was in modeling school again, not quite true; she helped out her aunt, who ran the modeling school. Also, I had told her before that I don't like it when people tell me EVERYTHING about themselves, especially on a first date, do to a previous date I had, that I will post following this one. What does she do? She goes into horrific and undescribable detail about how the water at her school causes her face to break-out so she has to used bottled water to wash her face. Again, THINGS I DON'T NEED TO KNOW! So the date finally goes to an end as I tell her I really must get back to work, which was a sortof truth. I leave, and never talk to her again.

I'll post story 2 when I have more time after lunch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.