50.00%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

scarves on men?

Old 11-29-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

scarves on men?

gay or not gay?
Old 11-29-04, 08:53 PM

I would say not gay, some guys can pull them off. Others.. not so much.
Old 11-29-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not gay--as long as it isn't pink, of course.
Old 11-29-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

are you wearing it cuz it's cold? or just for the hell of it?
Old 11-29-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Freddy got major ass with his.

Old 11-29-04, 09:36 PM
Stealth Moderator

Originally posted by D.Pham00
are you wearing it cuz it's cold? or just for the hell of it?
Same ? I was going to ask.

If it's cold, then just about anyone can wear it.
If it's not cold, then only a few can pull it off w/o looking gay.
Old 11-29-04, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Any man who can kick much Dalek ass is far from gay.
Old 11-29-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not necessarily gay. I like scarves on men as long as they aren't the flimsy fashion scarves women (not me) wear.
Old 11-29-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not gay at all. But who in the hell wears scarves when it's not cold out? That's just flat-out retarded.
Old 11-29-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by tsohg
Freddy got major ass with his.
Old 11-29-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ok when I seen this, I thought sure I was being targeted by one of my friends who seen me this weekend.

I am Not gay, and not metrosexual either.

I do like the style of a nice wool scarve here or there, they just seem cool to me, I dont know why. I like that look when its cold.

So this weekend I broke out my scarve ,orange and cream bar design. I got about 25 remarks, if not more, and not including the ones under peoples breath or towards other people about it.
Most were joking that it was quite gay, mostly from my guy friends, none of which have any style at all, and a few jokes from my female friends, who, after the inital joke said, I actually really like it on you. And a few that said only I could pull it off. It was mixed reviews. I for one didnt care, as I wore it again the following day.
the first day I wore it, I wore a Rolling Stones shirt that was tight and the logo and 'Rolling Stones' were glittered up. And yes to be honest it is a womans shirt, but for gods sake they dont make mens versions in the glitter version, so I bought the largest they had, which was still tight, and wore a long sleeve black shirt under it,(the stones shirt was black too), so it would at least seem to be 1 shirt without deep inspection. I think it rocked, but the two together sent off Gay bells for some I guess.

and hey some of the best who were not gay,have worn scarves, why cant the rest of us? I say Yes to scarves on Men, even non gays, and non metrosexualites.
Old 11-29-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by El-Kabong

Any man who can kick much Dalek ass is far from gay.
Damn it, you beat me to it.

And he's still wearing them!
Old 11-29-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I actually think they can look pretty gay. But I like wearing them so fuck it.
Old 11-29-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by foofighters7
Ok when I seen this, I thought sure I was being targeted by one of my friends who seen me this weekend.

I do like the style of a nice wool scarve here or there, they just seem cool to me, I dont know why. I like that look when its cold.

So this weekend I broke out my scarve ,orange and cream bar design. I got about 25 remarks, if not more, and not including the ones under peoples breath or towards other people about it.
Most were joking that it was quite gay, mostly from my guy friends, none of which have any style at all, and a few jokes from my female friends, who, after the inital joke said, I actually really like it on you. And a few that said only I could pull it off. It was mixed reviews. I for one didnt care, as I wore it again the following day.
the first day I wore it, I wore a Rolling Stones shirt that was tight and the logo and 'Rolling Stones' were glittered up. And yes to be honest it is a womans shirt, but for gods sake they dont make mens versions in the glitter version, so I bought the largest they had, which was still tight, and wore a long sleeve black shirt under it,(the stones shirt was black too), so it would at least seem to be 1 shirt without deep inspection. I think it rocked, but the two together sent off Gay bells for some I guess.

and hey some of the best who were not gay,have worn scarves, why cant the rest of us? I say Yes to scarves on Men, even non gays, and non metrosexualites.
I can't wait for your coming out thread.
Old 11-30-04, 12:29 AM

[MATURE]NOT WORK FRIENDLY![/MATURE]

But if you mean deleted then, yes, absolutely gay.

sorry, not the type of material (warning or not) that would be allowed outside of the mature forum -heimer

Before you ask, I found this picture looking for a dude in a Model T cruising down the road wearing a scarf. I was going to say that wasn't gay, but this convinced me. Search for 'T Scarf' in Google. Second page.

Last edited by heimerSWT; 11-30-04 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-30-04, 10:23 AM

as long as you dont wear only a tank top with the scarf its not gay.
Old 11-30-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by foofighters7

A glitter chick shirt and a scarve ? You are so gay I don't even know why you are trying to hide it. Listen to yourself try to justify it.
Old 11-30-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Hey, if it's cold enough that my neck is freezing, damn right I'm wearing a scarf.
Old 11-30-04, 10:31 AM
Banned

Sorry but...

Raise your hand if you think this thread is offensive???

*raises hand*
Old 11-30-04, 10:59 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Radiculous thread. Scarve are perfect, and suited to the Extreme weather we are having in SF at the moment. There is nothing more satisfying than having a nice warm scarf around your neck.

Some people.
Old 11-30-04, 11:12 AM

Nothing wrong with wearing a scarf. Now an ascot on the other hand...
Old 11-30-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
Sorry but...

Raise your hand if you think this thread is offensive???

*raises hand*
I don't find it so much offensive as a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this country. Is this what straight guys do? They sit around and stress about what would make them seem gay?
Old 11-30-04, 11:43 AM
Admin-Thanos

to scarves
Old 11-30-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

so staying warm is gay or metrosexual? how's a brother supposed to keep his neck/head warm? scarves are for men. ascots are a whole different thing, though.
Old 11-30-04, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by joeblow69
They sit around and stress about what would make them seem gay?
In my case, yes. Considering on several occasions I have been assumed to be gay by other men/women. I can't help it if I have great hair and style, but it does get a little old.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.