Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

She's Gone(the saga continues...or ends)

Old 11-29-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She's Gone(the saga continues...or ends)

Background 1:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=350028

Background 2:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=378700

Occasionally I work with a woman that I've had a 'crush' on for a while. A previous date attempt didn't go too well (see background link #1) but I still have a slight thing for her (background link 2).

Well today, I found out that she got fired. So I won't see her at work anymore. Part of me is saying that now wouldn't be a bad time to take another shot, even though it seems low and opportunistic and sad.

I'm also thinking that my little fantasy is over and I'll be the better for it with out her there and take this chance to expand my view instead of being hung up on something that wasn't gonna happen.

So what do you think, take one last shot and call her (or email) or should I just finally let it go?

D
Old 11-29-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i say take the shot... better to be shot down then wondering what might have happened.. make it a poll. i bet twikoff wins
Old 11-29-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

i win a date with derrich?

Old 11-29-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by twikoff
i win a date with derrich?

do you get an email everytime your name is mentioned? errie timing
Old 11-29-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: She's Gone(the saga continues...or ends)

Originally posted by Derrich

Well today, I found out that she got fired.

did she slap you?
Old 11-29-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She was hot and she got fired. I'm gonna take a guess that she got fired because she never worked and she never worked because she thought she didn't have to because she was hot. Am I right? Or no?
Old 11-29-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go for it dude. Get her while she's down and out!

Actually, just let it go. Tacky to hit her up now.
Old 11-29-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Without having read either link, I say go for it. Regret sucks, dude.

The funny thing is, no matter how much I always dreaded the prospect of getting turned down (and I undoubtedly missed some great opportunities because of that fear in my younger life), actually getting turned down and the aftermath of that was never nearly as bad as the fear that preceded it.
Old 11-29-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by automator
Go for it dude. Get her while she's down and out!

Actually, just let it go. Tacky to hit her up now.
automater got it right the first time, there's nothing tacky about it. She didn't just get dumped by her husband, she lost her job.

If you don't say something, you may never see her again. I don't see anything wrong saying that you're sorry she won't be working with you anymore and asking her out to dinner.
Old 11-29-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
She was hot and she got fired. I'm gonna take a guess that she got fired because she never worked and she never worked because she thought she didn't have to because she was hot. Am I right? Or no?
These generalizations about hot women are offensive across the board...I think you should seek therapy due to your obvious hatred and bias towards women with the hawt.
Old 11-29-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh, she stood you up and has showed no interest at all, from what I skimmed on the last post... dude, find some dignity, let it go...
Old 11-29-04, 04:47 PM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
definitely take the shot.

If she turns you down, then who cares. There won't be any odd feelings at work if she does.
Old 11-29-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She's going to need someone "on the inside" to find out what's going on. You have something she needs, and she has something you need. Nature's symbiotic process at it's finest.

Old 11-29-04, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Getting turned down is part of Male life. It makes you a man and grows hair on your chest. If only Women knew how much it took to get up the nerve, approach them, get shot down, then do it all over again unitl it works.....they still wouldn't give a shit.
Old 11-29-04, 05:33 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Re: She's Gone(the saga continues...or ends)

Originally posted by Derrich
So what do you think, take one last shot and call her (or email) or should I just finally let it go?
Never call a girl... no style. give her a call, meet up with her for a drink or whatever... things go well, ask her out.
Old 11-29-04, 05:34 PM

Ask her out man. Screw it, you only live one life...this is it. If you don't you'll be kicking yourself for at least not trying. Although she may say yes just to get a couple of free meals since she has no income right now...haaahaa j/k (I hope)
Old 11-29-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DarkestPhoenix
These generalizations about hot women are offensive across the board...I think you should seek therapy due to your obvious hatred and bias towards women with the hawt.
Are you serious? I have no hatred for hot women, I like them very much in fact. At my job there are plenty of hot chicks that are good workers. It just seems that the type of a woman that would stand up a DVD Talker on a date and get fired months later seems to fit my description.
Old 11-29-04, 05:52 PM

I say go for it. But ask her out nicely and if she says no, respond politely and get the hell out of there.
Old 11-29-04, 06:00 PM

Just do it, nothing to lose

Last edited by seasmoke; 11-29-04 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-29-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and nothing too tight
Old 11-29-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
Are you serious? I have no hatred for hot women, I like them very much in fact. At my job there are plenty of hot chicks that are good workers. It just seems that the type of a woman that would stand up a DVD Talker on a date and get fired months later seems to fit my description.
No, I'm not.

If you read the first thread, you'll understand. How else do you think I got this AWESOME sig line?
Old 11-29-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

dude, go for it.
Old 11-29-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Take it from the OLD Kid Rock...cowax the booty
Old 11-29-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Derrich,

Have NO SHAME when it comes to women. Think of yourself as a telemarketing guru who just won't stop calling. Yes, you will get hangups, but there's always that one chance, that the person will not hang up.
Old 11-29-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From reading your past threads, it doesn't sound like she's interested and chances are your phone calls and e-mails will go unanswered. Slowly but surely, she will fade out of your life and be nothing more than a distant memory, if even a blip on your screen.

Make contact if you wish, but my advice is to let her follow her path and you follow yours. In a way, her being fired means that you will no longer be tempted by her on a regular basis.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.