Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

What do you buy a redneck slumlord Star Trek dork who has everything?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-24-04, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Kittydreamer
Not in Other
fixed

Last edited by Venusian; 11-25-04 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-24-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heh, that is kind of funny, a shame a mod will get rid of it
Old 11-24-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Need help with a Christmas wish list.

Originally posted by kvrdave
I have a hard time asking for stuff because I know they will spend twice what I would find it for, etc.
This is my BIGGEST problem. My parents were asking me, and I told them some random things I needed. I told them I would call them tomorrow and give them a better idea. I might mention some places that might have it. (knowing they have better pricing than some places they might look) I don't really need or want much, so it is tough. Clothes is safe. My parents have good taste, and my mom does find decent/good deals on clothes because she knows where to look. Some of the other stuff (ex. 11.5g poker chips), I am going to suggest a store or two to look at.

To answer your question...i dunno..I only read the first few lines of your post.

-pedagogue
Old 11-24-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How about one of those package deals from Omaha Steak? I assume you like to grill.

I'm not sure how practical a gift you'd want, but they have these things that you can put on your front seat (of your car) that hold all sorts of crap. I figure you probably have to go see your rentals every once in awhile and it could organize all of your stuff. (place for paperwork, drinks, pens, etc)

Is your MIL close? Maybe she could get you a GC to a nice restaurant and offer to watch your kids for a weekend, so you can enjoy a relaxing weekend with your wife. You could either give the kids to her and keep the house to yourselves, or you could sneak out to a B&B.

-pedagogue
Old 11-24-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kvrdave
Ever since Santa gave me the 12 inch pianist, I have learned my lesson.
my favorite joke
Old 11-24-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Fok
Have you considered getting something related to Star Wars?
yes, but the removal of my penis seems to be the only thing closely related, and I am against it.

Sonic - I already have Sirius, but definately a good idea.

I feel the same way about Omaha Steaks as I do about $80 tequila. It is a no win situation. If I really like it, I am stuck buying $80 tequila for the rest of my life. And if I hate it, I just blew $80 on tequila that sucks.

Actually, my sister and her husband are ranchers, and we have a freezer filled with meat from them. I've had the Omaha ones, and they aren't as good as the local stuff.
Old 11-25-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Why not one (or more, depending on budget) games for whatever game system you use?