Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Old 11-08-04, 02:34 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: somewhere in between
Posts: 4,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

i've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but today was the kicker. the gym i go to has a lot of older guys in it, 60's and up. not a big deal in the gym, major deal in the locker room. they have absolutely no shame when it comes to locker room nakedness. freaks me out man. i drink huge amounts of water, a couple of gallons a day, so i need to use the facilities at least once when i go to the gym. i dread it every time. all these naked old guys just walking around doing there thing wihtout a care in the world. the carry their towels into the shower as they walk by naked, they stand next to the mirror and shave naked. it's like they get into the locker room and can't wait to take off their clothes so they can hang out in there, naked.
today i thought i was back in kindergarten. there was this old guy standing at the urinal, he actually had all his clothes on to my suprise. he had a shirt on and some sweats. the thing is, he's got his sweats pulled down to his knees, bare ass hanging out, taking a leak! wtf!? i actually did that a couple of times in high school for a laugh but this guy was serious, no big deal.
sorry about the rant, i just needed to get that off my chest. anyone else over run by fat, naked, old guys in their gym locker room. i need support! (and so do some of them )
Old 11-08-04, 02:37 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Times Square
Posts: 12,133
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have seen the future .... and it scares you .....


Old 11-08-04, 02:39 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,978
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they have succeeded in their goal.
Old 11-08-04, 02:40 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: somewhere in between
Posts: 4,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
indeed!
Old 11-08-04, 02:41 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was at the gym wear a dude came out of hte shower and stood in front of the fan nekkid to air himself off....eck
Old 11-08-04, 02:42 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by costanza
i've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but today was the kicker. the gym i go to has a lot of older guys in it, 60's and up. not a big deal in the gym, major deal in the locker room. they have absolutely no shame when it comes to locker room nakedness. freaks me out man. i drink huge amounts of water, a couple of gallons a day, so i need to use the facilities at least once when i go to the gym. i dread it every time. all these naked old guys just walking around doing there thing wihtout a care in the world. the carry their towels into the shower as they walk by naked, they stand next to the mirror and shave naked. it's like they get into the locker room and can't wait to take off their clothes so they can hang out in there, naked.
today i thought i was back in kindergarten. there was this old guy standing at the urinal, he actually had all his clothes on to my suprise. he had a shirt on and some sweats. the thing is, he's got his sweats pulled down to his knees, bare ass hanging out, taking a leak! wtf!? i actually did that a couple of times in high school for a laugh but this guy was serious, no big deal.
sorry about the rant, i just needed to get that off my chest. anyone else over run by fat, naked, old guys in their gym locker room. i need support! (and so do some of them )
Look, no one's doubting that you often get an "involuntary" boner at inappropriate times. You don't have to justify yourself to us.
Old 11-08-04, 02:42 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,068
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by costanza
i've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but today was the kicker. the gym i go to has a lot of older guys in it, 60's and up. not a big deal in the gym, major deal in the locker room. they have absolutely no shame when it comes to locker room nakedness. freaks me out man. i drink huge amounts of water, a couple of gallons a day, so i need to use the facilities at least once when i go to the gym. i dread it every time. all these naked old guys just walking around doing there thing wihtout a care in the world. the carry their towels into the shower as they walk by naked, they stand next to the mirror and shave naked. it's like they get into the locker room and can't wait to take off their clothes so they can hang out in there, naked.
today i thought i was back in kindergarten. there was this old guy standing at the urinal, he actually had all his clothes on to my suprise. he had a shirt on and some sweats. the thing is, he's got his sweats pulled down to his knees, bare ass hanging out, taking a leak! wtf!? i actually did that a couple of times in high school for a laugh but this guy was serious, no big deal.
sorry about the rant, i just needed to get that off my chest. anyone else over run by fat, naked, old guys in their gym locker room. i need support! (and so do some of them )
you've just described every locker room at any gym, country club, etc in the country.

The old men love walking aorund naked. Nobody knows why.

birrman54
Old 11-08-04, 02:51 PM
  #8  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,237
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why wait until you're in the locker room, I say?

[Bando takes of his clothes and revels in the freedom.]
Old 11-08-04, 02:54 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 8,617
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by dork
Look, no one's doubting that you often get an "involuntary" boner at inappropriate times. You don't have to justify yourself to us.
That is funny.
Old 11-08-04, 02:56 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,981
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just start talking about them having tiny pricks and they'll get embarrassed and start covering up.
Old 11-08-04, 02:57 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: somewhere in between
Posts: 4,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've only been a member at two other gyms. one i worked at and didn't use the locker room all that much. the other was at the airport and the most people in there at any time while i was there was five. i'm glad i'm not the only one to witness this phenomenon.
Old 11-08-04, 02:59 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes I go into the locker room and just want to yell, "Peripheral vision, man! Put some f'in clothes on!"

Sad to say, the age for nakedness has dropped recently at my gym. It's no longer just for the senile.
Old 11-08-04, 03:01 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,978
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DaveNinja
just start talking about them having tiny pricks and they'll get embarrassed and start covering up.
You probably just revealed the source of the problem. Everything sags to the floor when you get old.
Old 11-08-04, 03:03 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: houston, tx
Posts: 4,844
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would it be different if it were young men benig naked? no, i am not accusing you of being gay, just curious. me personally, i dont get the anti naked thing. youre in a locker room. people shower there and get changed. youre probably hot and dont want clothes on. i HATE it when people use the friggin bathroom stalls to change in at my gym. i find people who are anti naked oddly amusing but that is probably because i am so pronudity.
Old 11-08-04, 03:06 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if people come out of the shower and take off their towel and then put on clothes...fine.

but when you walk around nekkid, hold conversations nekkid, stand in front of the fan and dry yourself off nekkid...it crosses the line
Old 11-08-04, 03:08 PM
  #16  
Moderator
 
heimerSWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,658
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh, I think about this whenever I use the locker room at my gym. Another thing about my gym, is that the shower area gives you privacy with your own stall and shower curtain. I always find it weird when the showers are pretty full or busy or whatever, but then there is one dude who will leave the curtain fully open.

I'll never forget the one guy who had a long cell phone conversation (at least 5-10 minutes) while he walked around without clothes or a towel. Right by the sign that states cell phone use in the locker room was forbidden.
Old 11-08-04, 03:09 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: West Coast of Canada
Posts: 4,437
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by costanza
there was this old guy standing at the urinal, he actually had all his clothes on to my suprise. he had a shirt on and some sweats. the thing is, he's got his sweats pulled down to his knees, bare ass hanging out, taking a leak! wtf!? i actually did that a couple of times in high school for a laugh but this guy was serious, no big deal.
Wow, I've only seen mentally challenged men do that. Or little kids. Not....anyone else.
Old 11-08-04, 03:22 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: somewhere in between
Posts: 4,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by krkuhl
would it be different if it were young men benig naked? no, i am not accusing you of being gay, just curious. me personally, i dont get the anti naked thing. youre in a locker room. people shower there and get changed. youre probably hot and dont want clothes on. i HATE it when people use the friggin bathroom stalls to change in at my gym. i find people who are anti naked oddly amusing but that is probably because i am so pronudity.

good to have a ladies pov. does this mean that you're one of these people? do you go to the gym, get out of the shower, get in front of the fan to dry off and then go over to the mirror and put on your make-up and do your hair in the buff?

does this kind of activity occur in the womens locker room too?
Old 11-08-04, 03:23 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: somewhere in between
Posts: 4,395
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by solipsta
Wow, I've only seen mentally challenged men do that. Or little kids. Not....anyone else.
yes, it was quite a suprise for me too.
Old 11-08-04, 03:30 PM
  #20  
Admin-MemeCat
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,814
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by krkuhl
would it be different if it were young men benig naked? no, i am not accusing you of being gay, just curious. me personally, i dont get the anti naked thing. youre in a locker room. people shower there and get changed. youre probably hot and dont want clothes on. i HATE it when people use the friggin bathroom stalls to change in at my gym. i find people who are anti naked oddly amusing but that is probably because i am so pronudity.
Big difference krkuhl, you're looking at naked women, costanza is not.
Old 11-08-04, 03:31 PM
  #21  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,864
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by costanza
does this kind of activity occur in the womens locker room too?
I like to imagine all women's locker rooms being like the opening scene in Carrie. Minus the period.
Old 11-08-04, 03:40 PM
  #22  
DRG
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: ND
Posts: 13,421
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe when you get old you just stop giving a damn, I dunno. Most nudist camps are filled with older people, too. Yuck, but whatever.
Old 11-08-04, 03:42 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: favorite part of going to the gym?....the locker room

Originally posted by solipsta
Wow, I've only seen mentally challenged men do that. Or little kids. Not....anyone else.
I saw this happen at my workplace a month back!
Old 11-08-04, 03:44 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 30,634
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-08-04, 04:08 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Denver
Posts: 7,206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always think it's funny when certain guys who walk around naked but have a huge towel thrown over their shoulder.

Or better yet, when they get dressed, but they put on their shirt and tie and sock on first, THEN the put on their boxers. I mean, what's up with that? Air dry?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.