Reload this Page >

Deleted the Project thread

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-31-04, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys.

Sorry for doing it. I think the consensus is that all that is in bad taste. I learned something. You can photochop anyone you want in this forum but don't make fun of them in a drawing or put them in a horror/fantasy environment. WhoGirl was cool with it but I guess no one really want to be part of an unnatural art or be made fun of in art. How the hell do professional fantasy artists get models ? I was really surprise by the turnoff. Odd but the responses made it a fact so I have to accept it.

Well, I come off learning that fantasy art is ok. I should just stick to drawing with people as model but stay away from capturing the look of a real person.

Those of you who took part in it already seen what I have done so you didn't miss the chance to read it, and WhoGirl will get her drawings if she desire.

In the future I might just do drawings and post here as stated above. Fantasy art for the sake of fantasy art - just don't link it to a real person or all creepiness and stalking comes about.

Oh, an apology to all those who became my victims or finding the images appalling. Art has more power than I realize. Hee heee....... I HAVE THE POWER!

Last edited by Luc TC; 10-31-04 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-31-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's okay to use people as models. The point is you have to ask first.

I also paint and draw fantasy subjects, but I would never do a painting of someone on this forum without getting their permission first.

Celebrities are a whole 'nother issue. Their pictures are fair game.
Old 10-31-04, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by mllefoo
It's okay to use people as models. The point is you have to ask first.
Celebrities are a whole 'nother issue. Their pictures are fair game.
I guess I don't understand the difference between taking a posted photo and photochopping it without permission and making a cartoon drawing or fantasy drawing of someone. Obviously there is a different from the responses.
Old 10-31-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow, people seriously had greivances with it? I thought it was quite cool. Especially since Who seemed into it. Maybe next time just draw people with pancakes on their heads. You'll get lots of support for that.
Old 10-31-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's taken as gospel that if you post your photo here, it will be photoshopped. It has been the way of things since Moorehed was being photoshopped back in the late 90s. It's funny to turn people into naked animated gifs.

It's quite another to take someone's photo and draw them in nude poses without permission. Some people do think it's a bit ookey for this to happen. While Whogirl appreciates being turned into a naked vampire, those who haven't given their permission to be used as models will certainly object to being portrayed as a set of jiggly boobs.

I don't make the rules. I only observe how they're carried out.
Old 10-31-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought Whogirl said she gave him permission early in the thread.
Old 10-31-04, 12:57 PM

It's quite another to take someone's photo and draw them in nude poses without permission.
No one was done nude. Sexy, but certainly no nudity.

For those who missed the last painting before I deleted the thread:

Old 10-31-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought the art was cool.

I understood WhoGirl was cool with it.

I still thought it was weird and creepy. And the HappyCamper thread took it to another level.

Still, I'm only one dude.
Old 10-31-04, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by solipsta
Wow, people seriously had greivances with it?
I think the big naked guy nailed it by calling me sicko and all sort of things. He was just expressing maybe what many of you thought but afraid to say.

Even if WhoGirl and my wife accepts the art (using WhoGirl I mean, certainly she hates the art ), art is meant to have an audience. If the audience thinks I'm a sicko for doing it, then what's the fun, right?
Old 10-31-04, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Big Quasimodo
And the HappyCamper thread took it to another level.

Still, I'm only one dude.
That had no drawing of anyone. Completely for the sake of having fun. I was simply making fun of my whole project idea. As was stated initially in that post, if it's not funny, I'll delete it.

And it was.

It was a parody of the whole cleavage thread which girls were happy to take part in but draw a cartoon line of a cleavage and the crowd will bring in the torches. I thought it was a good way to bring back the cleavage thread but hey, you guys are the people. If it's not fun, why bother.
Old 10-31-04, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Who was okay with it so you shouldn't take it personally when people bring their own personal proclivities into it.
Old 10-31-04, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You should draw some puppy dogs or maybe a pony....I mean, I'd hope there aren't people on here who would be against that.....

Oh wait....sorry. kvrdave might shoot it down.

-pedagogue
Old 10-31-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would never do a painting of someone on this forum without getting their permission first.
I think he did that, though. The complaints were raised by people with no connection to the drawings or either participant.

- David Stein
Old 10-31-04, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Too bad. I thought your drawings were very good, and as long as whogirl was ok with them, screw what ever anyone else says.
Old 10-31-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i liked the drawings. I also didn't see anything offensive about HC's drawing.
I think it's funny how some guys drool over naked pics of girlfriends/wives or forum members and encourage them for more pics but get creeped out by anime pics.
You guys think it's all right to jerk off to a naked pic of a forum member but get creeped out by an anime pic?
Old 10-31-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Cool Kitten
You guys think it's all right to jerk off to a naked pic of a forum member
Wait, what? People do that? I had no idea. Holy crap, now that's creepy. I'm never going into the Mature Forum again!

- David Stein
Old 10-31-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Wait, what? People do that? I had no idea. Holy crap, now that's creepy. I'm never going into the Mature Forum again!
you go to the mature forum?
Old 10-31-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
All I want to know is how did you turn this out so fast? I mean, boy, that's some skill if you only did those pics (especially the color ones) in the span of two days.
Old 10-31-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Cool Kitten
you go to the mature forum?
Only when my mod duties require it. And even then I keep my eyes closed. So usually I end up posting stuff like:

"Cl9singy thr92ad.

- Davyid Sywin"
Old 10-31-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by sfsdfd
Only when my mod duties require it. And even then I keep my eyes closed. So usually I end up posting stuff like:

"Cl9singy thr92ad.

- Davyid Sywin"
But that's because you're only using one hand to type.

Last edited by ViewAskewbian; 10-31-04 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-31-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually Mr. Stein always encourages more nudie pics.
Old 10-31-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm.... well I could see both sides of the issue.. but come on, I think all involed should know enough about this place to take the good comments with the bad. You shouldn't have expected any different.
Old 10-31-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just stumbled upon this and have to say from what I've read so far: What a shame.
Just how certain jerks can't keep their comments to themselves, especially when they aren't warranted.

I have a feeling just where the other thread went. I *knew* eventually that shit would come up with that group of people. Didn't I warn you, Luc? Don't blame yourself for posting your art... *anything* that remotely has to do with me brings in that crowd and those kind of comments.

**sigh** Just.. what a shame. That was a fun thread and it was a great way to get feedback on your art.
Old 10-31-04, 04:12 PM
Banned by request

I said it in Jack's thread, and I'll say it here.

The WhoGirl project was fun. Good drawings, good comments. Some people (mostly Topdawg) were being asses, but that said more about them than it did about the participants/supporters. The people who thought it was strange/sick whatever should wonder why they have such hang-ups over something so innocuous. It was a good thread and I wish you had left it.

The second thread was done in reference to a member who a) doesn't have the same attitude/personality as WhoGirl, and b) was also done without the permission of said member. That thread was right to be deleted.

Hopefully you'll keep drawing WhoGirl, because your drawings were only getting better as you went along. Even if you only email them to her, I know I'll still get to see them.
Old 10-31-04, 04:16 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess this means definately no Bandoman project.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.