Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Women! What kind of hair do you like?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics
View Poll Results: How long in the hair?
Less than 6 inches.
40.00%
Shoulder length.
13.33%
The longer, the better.
26.67%
Whatever Twikoff's looks like.
20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please answer the poll before reading.

Okay. Mom now thinks the poll in which I showed her that men undeniably think longer hair is better, is flawed. She thinks the women will not agree with the men. My mom always cuts her hair short. Mannish short. She thinks it makes her look younger. I say long hair is better. Just curious, what hair do you think looks better on a woman?

PS - I say crotch. Yowza.
Old 10-28-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No... there's another thread for your reply, Supr.

It can change for me. It depends on the guy's facial shape and weight. I know which is right for all types, but don't wanna get into it at the moment.

Long hair can be fun to play with and it looks wild.

Short hair feels good when it goes through your nails.

Bald can nice on the right face, and even hot. Kojak... heh...?

I prefer that the guy spends less time on his hair than myself. I spend at least an hour a day on it. On myself I prefer very long hair.
Old 10-28-04, 09:54 PM

Mullets, combovers and back hair

everything else is good as long as it is clean.
Old 10-28-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by WhoGirl
It can change for me. It depends on the guy's facial shape and weight. I know which is right for all types, but don't wanna get into it at the moment.

Long hair can be fun to play with and it looks wild.

Short hair feels good when it goes through your nails.

Bald can nice on the right face, and even hot. Kojak... heh...?

I prefer that the guy spends less time on his hair than myself. I spend at least an hour a day on it. On myself I prefer very long hair.
I *think* he was asking the women here to answer the same question he asked the men -- what length hair do you prefer on women. I think that's what the first post in this thread says. I think. Thanks for also including insight on us guys, though!
Old 10-28-04, 10:12 PM

Whogirl I also think he asked what we prefer on women... more like, do you or would you prefer yourself with short or long hair.

I went with the long hair, of course, since mine are long enough to cover my breast and I love it! I hope my air will continue to grow, I really love it ! I think it's sexyer and ponytails always bring me back to highschool years so it keeps me young

Last edited by sarafina; 10-28-04 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-28-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought you wanted to know how long women wanted men's hair. Throw my vote out of under 6 inches.

Plus I thought that applied to Lil Dpham too.
Old 10-29-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sarafina
Whogirl I also think he asked what we prefer on women... more like, do you or would you prefer yourself with short or long hair.

I went with the long hair, of course, since mine are long enough to cover my breast and I love it! I hope my air will continue to grow, I really love it ! I think it's sexyer and ponytails always bring me back to highschool years so it keeps me young
Well, I answered in both threads so now I have all bases covered. But I think you and I were correct.

The "Women!" exclamation in the title implies this thread is calling out to Women. Though that's grammatica... oh, the Hell with it.

I will never, ever willingly go with short hair unless a role required it or if money were offered. My face is too round. But I also dig the 'Lady Godiva' look when it covers the chest.

Also, it gives me something to play with instead of fiddling about... It's great to have the option of doing many different styles. Keeping it long isn't hard, but growing it long in the first place is tough.
I wanted elbow-length hair ever since I got my hair cut wicked short when I was about 10. It was awful. Then as I dyed my hair and damaged it other ways, it wouldn't grow past my shoulders. Even when I didn't get it trimmed the growth was stagnant.

One little trick for maintaining long, healthy hair - Combing a small amount of conditioner through the length (below the ears.) It adds protein and can control frizziness or puffiness.
Old 10-29-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by WhoGirl

I will never, ever willingly go with short hair unless a role required it or if money were offered.
Mrs. Pusser was told to cut her hair once.

When we first moved to our currrent city Mrs. Pusser stopped by the big modeling agency in town.

Before that she was with the Ford Modeling Agency in New York. They told her she should move back because she would make a lot more money there. Of course that wasn't really an option plus she didn't really want to do much modeling anyway.

So when they told her to cut her hair short she said she'd think about it and never did go back.
Old 10-29-04, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was asking for some girl on girl action.

Women on what women like in their own/other women's hair.

Looks like this poll's f'd in the a.
Old 10-29-04, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like my wife's hair long, in case I need to drag the bitch somewhere.
Old 10-29-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Long, definitely. Shorter hair usually (not always) makes women look older, but really the important thing is to have the cut suit your face and frame.

Mine is almost waist-length, dark brown, wavy. It's never shorter than 3 inches or so below my shoulders, and usually around mid-back.
Old 10-29-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, short is good and long is good? basically all women want guys to have mullets!
Old 10-29-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not for me - I was answering what length looks good on women (i.e. usually long).

On men, short almost always looks better. There are a few exceptions, but on average I personally prefer a guy to have short(ish) hair - examples - david boreanaz as angel and ben browder as crichton.
Old 10-30-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL, my answer of less than 6 inches stands for both. I like clean-looking men. And I like un-sexy women with nappy short hair--makes me look better

Oh, and ladies with the locks, I hear that doing a deep conditioner treatment at home is the way to go for nice hair. I just had my highlights touched up, so you can rest assured there will be a plastic bag on my head along with deep conditioner (not Suave or Pantene brands cause they don't perform well). I'll sit like that for a couple hours, plan on watching a movie. Then I'll repeat it in a couple of weeks.

This will be my first treatment, so wish me luck! The hair isn't quite to the bra strap, about halfway between there and my collar and I want to get it long again. Then I can be lazy and style it like Sonya Blade.

Last edited by PrincessT; 10-30-04 at 01:46 AM.