Old 10-26-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gillette M3Power: Total BS?

Gillette M3Power

Old 10-26-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know, but the idea of taking something electrical into the shower with me.... that's just nuts.
Old 10-26-04, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I took it into the shower and lived to tell about it. It is kind of a gimmick though. It doesn't really seem to work any better than my regular Mach 3, but it is kinda nifty. It feels good shaving with it though.
Old 10-27-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dont know if it's that much closer of a shave than the regular Mach 3, but it feels more comfortable.

Brian
Old 10-27-04, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have had one for a month or so, not too shabby.
Old 10-27-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heavens, does that site need sounds for EVERYTHING? What is this, a 90's sci-fi movie?

"We need to type a word! BEEP-BEBEBEEP-BEEP..."
Old 10-27-04, 01:11 AM

I've found that shaving with a regular Mach 3 while shaking my hand really, really fast gives just as good of a shave as the Mach3 Power.
Old 10-27-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
I am a believer.

I actually tested it out when I first got it. I did one side of my face with a regular mach 3 and the other side with an m3power. I let my beard grow for about 5-6 days. Which is thick but not Sasquatch style?

The major difference I found was that the the m3power side did not pull or hurt my face when I shaved where the regular M3 pulled and hurt. The closeness of the shave was just as good but the comfort was significantly better with the M3 power. I am now a believer and am even more of Mach 3's bitch than I was before.
Old 10-27-04, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by damn_skippy
I am a believer.

I actually tested it out when I first got it. I did one side of my face with a regular mach 3 and the other side with an m3power. I let my beard grow for about 5-6 days. Which is thick but not Sasquatch style?

The major difference I found was that the the m3power side did not pull or hurt my face when I shaved where the regular M3 pulled and hurt. The closeness of the shave was just as good but the comfort was significantly better with the M3 power. I am now a believer and am even more of Mach 3's bitch than I was before.

The true test of Mach 3 Superiority?

your hairy nutsack.
Old 10-27-04, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Originally posted by Giantrobo

your hairy nutsack.

Honestly i never thought of that.

I'll tell you in a week.
Old 10-27-04, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am a believer.

I shave my head and the M3 Power gives me a MUCH closer shave than the M3.
Old 10-27-04, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Alien Redrum
I am a believer.

I shave my head and the M3 Power gives me a MUCH closer shave than the M3.
Hmm, I've been using the Headblade for shaving my head. I wondered how one of those Mach deals would work. How often do you shave your head? Daily? Every other day?
Old 10-27-04, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well my girl picked one up for me and I'll be getting it on Friday. In the meantime I've been using a regular two blade gillette for quite some time. I'm sure I'll see a lot more difference than most of you.
Also, my roommate swears by the thing.
Old 10-27-04, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Giantrobo

your hairy nutsack.
don't do this drunk.

TRUST ME.
Old 10-27-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a new Schick razor out that has four blades.

Personally, I'm waiting for five. Then I will never need a new one until there are seven blades (I like odd numbers.)

Yes, I use a guys' razor to shave my legs. They work better, and make me feel rugged, but smooth.
Old 10-27-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a big fan of the M3Power.

I love it, and it works a bit better.

I used the old mach 3, then I went electric(paid a lot for one of those remington titanium smart systems too), then said fuck it and came back to Mach 3 with the M3Power.

I will never go back.
Old 10-27-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
My brother swears by the M3 Power. I've never tried it, I've been using an electric since I started shaving, currently the Braun Syncro system.
Old 10-27-04, 10:06 AM

That thing looks like it would cut your face to shreds.
Old 10-27-04, 10:14 AM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
I've got a normal Mach 3.

I think that I'm going to pick up a Mach 3 Power once I run out of blades for the old one.
Old 10-27-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
M3 Power + Nivea for Men Shaving Cream = a happy face.
Old 10-27-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got one... I just usually fall for gimicks and cool stuff.. Does it really shave closer?? Not sure but it's cool so who cares.. I rotate between this and the Braun Syncrho. There was a thread about this a while back. Here is the funniest post from it:

**** Everything, We're Doing Five Blades
by the CEO of Gillette corporation (courtesy of The Onion)

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the ****ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, **** it. We're going to five blades.

Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!

You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a shit. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? ****, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.

What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best ****ing razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.

Here's the report from Engineering. Someone put it in the bathroom: I want to wipe my ass with it. They don't tell me what to invent—I tell them. And I'm telling them to stick two more blades in there. I don't care how. Make the blades so thin they're invisible. Put some on the handle. I don't care if they have to cram the fifth blade in perpendicular to the other four, just do it!

You're taking the "safety" part of "safety razor" too literally, grandma. Cut the strings and soar. Let's hit it. Let's roll. This is our chance to make razor history. Let's dream big. All you have to do is say that five blades can happen, and it will happen. If you aren't on board, then **** you. And if you're on the board, then **** you and your father. Hey, if I'm the only one who'll take risks, I'm sure as hell happy to hog all the glory when the five-blade razor becomes the shaving tool for the U.S. of "this is how we shave now" A.

People said we couldn't go to three. It'll cost a fortune to manufacture, they said. Well, we did it. Now some egghead in a lab is screaming "Five's crazy?" Well, perhaps he'd be more comfortable in the labs at Norelco, working on ****ing electrics. Rotary blades, my white ass!

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should just ride in Bic's wake and make pens. Ha! Not on your ****ing life! The day I shadow a penny-ante outfit like Bic is the day I leave the razor game for good, and that won't happen until the day I die!

The market? Listen, we make the market. All we have to do is put her out there with a little jingle. It's as easy as, "Hey, shaving with anything less than five blades is like scraping your beard off with a dull hatchet." Or "You'll be so smooth, I could snort lines off of your chin." Try "Your neck is going to be so friggin' soft, someone's gonna walk up and tie a goddamn Cub Scout kerchief under it."

I know what you're thinking now: What'll people say? Mew mew mew. Oh, no, what will people say?! Grow the **** up. When you're on top, people talk. That's the price you pay for being on top. Which Gillette is, always has been, and forever shall be, Amen, five blades, sweet Jesus in heaven.

Stop. I just had a stroke of genius. Are you ready? Open your mouth, baby birds, cause Mama's about to drop you one sweet, fat nightcrawler. Here she comes: Put another aloe strip on that ****er, too. That's right. Five blades, two strips, and make the second one lather. You heard me—the second strip lathers. It's a whole new way to think about shaving. Don't question it. Don't say a word. Just key the music, and call the chorus girls, because we're on the edge—the razor's edge—and I feel like dancing.

And here is the link: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ght=Mach+Power
Old 10-27-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
I just had a flashback of six minute abs.
Old 10-27-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JEStinson3
I've got a normal Mach 3.

I think that I'm going to pick up a Mach 3 Power once I run out of blades for the old one.
Don't know how this will impact your purchase but... the regular Mach 3 blades fit in the M3 Power razor. (And I find they work just as well as the M3 blades.)

I'm an M3 Power believer as well. It isn't a HUGE improvement over the Mach 3, but it is definitely better.
Old 10-27-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bboisvert
Don't know how this will impact your purchase but... the regular Mach 3 blades fit in the M3 Power razor. (And I find they work just as well as the M3 blades.)
I disagree.... while in Germany I ran out of the M3 Power blades and they hadn't been released yet over there... I bought the regular Mach 3 blades and they didn't work nearly as well... less close shave and alot of razor irritation and cuts. I was very skeptical about the M3 power but now am a believer. Although it does take a week or so to get used to shaveing with it.
Old 10-27-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I use a Schick Quattro with a generator plugged into it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.