Reload this Page >

Have any of you seen a GHOST?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-25-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this is the Halloween season, I figure now is the good time for you guys to share your experiences with the supernatural.
Old 10-25-04, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, and neither has anybody else.

I haven't seen the Easter Bunny or Sherlock Holmes either, in case you're curious.
Old 10-25-04, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes. I've had three experiences in my life and all of them very scary.
Old 10-25-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, but I've danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.
Old 10-25-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kittydreamer
Yes. I've had three experiences in my life and all of them very scary.
Do tell!
Old 10-25-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These were related to me by a friend. You'll have to take my word for it that this person is not given to mysticism or superstition.

All took place about the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

1) My friend is very good at gaining access to the non-public areas of the ship, such as the boiler rooms, which are currently large, empty caverns. He was walking across the catwalk over the floor when he felt firm tap on his shoulder. Assuming he had been nabbed by a security guard, he turned around. There was no one behind him.

In one of the offices aboard the ship, two people were talking when the doorknob rattled as if someone were trying to open it. Apparently, this door could no longer be used for some reason I've forgotten. They called out, "It's locked. Go around." The door rattled again. They repeated this a couple more times until they finally went around to tell this moron that he couldn't use that door. Not only was there no one there, there had not been any knob on the other side of the door.
Old 10-25-04, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=328496
Old 10-25-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My aunt & uncle lived in a supposed haunted house once. They bought the house from an elderly man who's wife had just passed. They'd just moved from out of state so took his offer to leave some of the furniture since he was moving to a retirement home. My aunt is a very religious woman and was terrified. She won't speak of it to this day, but my uncle says that her chair would begin rocking at odd times & that often you could often see an indentation in the bed as if someone just sat down or got up. Oh & occasionally canned goods would fly from the cabinet & across the room. This is in TX so no earthquakes. Then after a year or so, it just stopped.
Old 10-25-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
No, and I don't want to see ghosts.
Old 10-25-04, 02:32 PM

Twice.

Once it was like a gathering and what I saw was mostly outlines of people.

The other time, was not so nice, more of an evil feeling and the 'ghost' was more of a mist than a figure.
Old 10-25-04, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not since I switched from rabbit ears to cable TV.
Old 10-25-04, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw 4 of them once:

Old 10-25-04, 02:52 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ghost stories freak me out man.
Old 10-25-04, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My sister-in-law tells me that she went to the bathroom in my house inn the middle of the night when she was visiting as few weeks ago. As she was walking in, a kindly, elderly man was walking out. He even excused himself. I don't buy it, but she swears it happened. I like the idea of a pooping ghost.
Old 10-25-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PrincessT
Do tell!
Ok, but no one here can laugh at me!

Scary ghost story #1

The first time was when I was about 12 years old and lived at home with my folks. It was raining very hard outside and the wind was really blowing hard. I was in bed, asleep, when I heard a very strange "moan", coming from outside. I opened my eyes and looked at my window. I saw a grotesque-looking head, neck and arms waving at me through the curtains. I could clearly see the figure because there was a streetlight outside of my window. It moaned some more and I'm pretty sure my feet didn't touch the floor from my room to my sister's.

Scary ghost story #2

I had been married for a year and was about 23 years old. My husband and I lived in an upstairs apartment in the city. It wasn't old or brand-new; about 8 - 10 years old. Again, I was asleep but this time I didn't hear anything; it was more of that "creepy, someone walking over your grave" sort of feeling that woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw a "dotted-line" figure with an open mouth and wild hair standing about 3 feet away from me. I closed my eyes and pulled the covers over my head. (because you know nothing stops ghosts, zombies, witches and other spookie beasties like a soft comforter from Sears). A few minutes later, I felt an odd "presence next to me so I got brave and took a little peak. Sitting on the edge of my bed was another "dotted-line" figure only this one didn't fighten me at all. It was almost like I knew it was there to protect me. I pulled the blankets back up over me and went back to sleep. I asked my husband the next day if he saw or heard anything and he said no.

Scary ghost story #3

About a year to a year and a half ago, I was sleeping in my room and woke up for no reason. I looked out my door into the hallway and saw something really weird. I'll do my best to explain it. It was like a bunch of people walking down my hallway, going really fast. Ever see the Spice Girl video with them walking around the city and everyone else is moving really fast? It was just like that, only more orange. I would have dismissed it as a dream or something but son (I think he was 5 at the time) came into my room a short time later and told me that when he looked outside of his room into the hallway he saw lots of people....

So there you are. Those are my scary ghost stories. Do I believe in ghostly beingings walking around? Nope, not for one second. What I do believe in, however, are demons from hell and Angels from Heven - there simply isn't anything else (imho).
Old 10-25-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hiro11
My sister-in-law tells me that she went to the bathroom in my house inn the middle of the night when she was visiting as few weeks ago. As she was walking in, a kindly, elderly man was walking out. He even excused himself. I don't buy it, but she swears it happened. I like the idea of a pooping ghost.
I've seen this dude, uses my can too and never replaces the empty roll

-Gunshy
Old 10-25-04, 05:09 PM
Suspended

Does it count if you saw a ghost while you were on mushrooms?
Old 10-25-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My mom told me about something that happened when she was about 14 years old.

Her mom had a miscarriage (sp?) the day before. She was in bed, about to fall asleep, when she felt something brush up against her hand. When she looked, she saw a glowing bluish baby hand just resting on hers and then vanishing...

Kinda creepy but endearing too
Old 10-25-04, 05:15 PM

I haven't experienced any that I know of, but I know people that have. One night my dad was walking through a park with his friends when the swings on the playground started swaying back and forth, but the wind wasn't blowing.

One of my co-workers was with this chick at her house when he heard footsteps going up the stairs towards the room they where in, and she said it was prolly their ghost. So he opened the door and he heard the sounds of the footsteps walk right past him. He said that what make it even freakier was that it sounded like boots going across a wooden floor, but the upstairs of her house had carpet.

Kind of off the topic, but why did MTV stop doing its "Fear" show? Loved that show.
Old 10-25-04, 05:17 PM

As I was reading this thread, I started hearing a strange noise... but I didn't pay any attention to it. I figured it was nothing. Then all of the sudden I hear this tearing sound, and I see something in my peripheral vision!

I then realized that the envelope I had taped to my wall fell off... now I have to retape it... stupid ghosts
Old 10-25-04, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by Kittydreamer
Do I believe in ghostly beingings walking around? Nope, not for one second. What I do believe in, however, are demons from hell and Angels from Heaven - there simply isn't anything else (imho).
Well, remember that even in the Bible there are ghosts.

Shoot, King Saul went to a witch (in Endor with the wookies) and held a seance to talk to the ghost of Samuel.

That's the only reason I believe in ghosts, but I've never seen any. Unlike Mulder, I hear of some craziness like a ghost and I'm outta town.

1 Samuel 28:7 is the story in reference, by the by.
Old 10-25-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I once saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's.
Old 10-25-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DarkestPhoenix
Well, remember that even in the Bible there are ghosts.

Shoot, King Saul went to a witch (in Endor with the wookies) and held a seance to talk to the ghost of Samuel.

That's the only reason I believe in ghosts, but I've never seen any. Unlike Mulder, I hear of some craziness like a ghost and I'm outta town.

1 Samuel 28:7 is the story in reference, by the by.
If God wanted King Saul to speak with Samuel then I do believe that He could do that but it would still be God in control of the spirit.

Let me put it this way, I don't believe that there are random spirits wandering the earth, either haunting or helping. I know, it probably doesn't make much sense to anyone but that's ok. I'm not sure it makes much sense to me, either.
Old 10-25-04, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A couple of times. Demi Moore is hawt there
Old 10-25-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw a couple of ghosts and they are scary

These ghosts give me the creeps

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.