Old 10-21-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O'Reilly accuser up to arse in debt!!!

http://www.drudgereport.com/foxff.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 21, 2004 17:23:09 ET XXXXX

O'REILLY ACCUSER DEEP IN DEBT

**Exclusive**

The DRUDGE REPORT has obtained O'Reilly accuser Andrea Mackris' financial records which show a combined debt of nearly $100,000!

FOXNEWS producer Andrea Mackris, who filed a multimillion dollar sexual harassment suit against top talker O'Reilly earlier this month, has I.O.U's scatted throughout the financial world, records show.

Mackris was making $93K a year when she returned to FOXNEWS in 2004 [she earned $69,088 in 2003], but records dated October 18 show she holds $37,578 in credit card debt, and $61,913 in student loans.

"It appears Ms. Mackris was living way beyond her means," a source close to the situation told DRUDGE late Thursday.

A spokeswoman for Mackris' attorneys, Morelli & Associates, said the firm was unaware of their client's heavy debt load and laughed off any suggestion her financial burden was a motivation for a cash demand from FOX.

Mackris, 33, and her attorney have been ordered to appear for a hearing in New York State Supreme Court next week to divulge whether sex phone tapes exist and "show cause" why they should not be opened to examination by lawyers for O'Reilly and FOXNEWS.

Developing...
-----------------------------------

What a load of crap. $100,000 of debt (most of it being student loans) for a person making nearly $100,000 per year is not a lot of debt, and certainly is not living beyond her means. I think O'Reilly must have leaked this to Drudge. I can't imagine anyone thinking this is significant. I think she is probably after money, but I think this is not the big motivator.
Old 10-21-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: O'Reilly vibrator up in arse indeed!!!

OMG
Old 10-21-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I disagree with your assertions since she is 33 years old. If she were 23 or 24, I may be able to see your point.
Old 10-21-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: O'Reilly vibrator up in arse indeed!!!

Originally posted by dork
OMG
Old 10-21-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess O'Reilly really does like a dildo in his ass.
Old 10-21-04, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by BigPete
I disagree with your assertions since she is 33 years old. If she were 23 or 24, I may be able to see your point.
It doesn't matter how old you are. Making $100,000 per year and handling $100,000 in debt is no big deal. It may be that she isn't very good with her money, but she isn't that bad off. In other words, I don't want her running my finances, but her debt load isn't out of control or anything.
Old 10-21-04, 06:28 PM

She's been out of college probably 10 years, has been making pretty good money, and still has 60,000 in student loans to pay off? Sounds like a problem to me.
Old 10-21-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

They also don't mention if she just recently aquired those debts, or how often she pays them off. Just because she has the numbers sitting there on her credit record, doesn't mean squat.

Hell, it could be for her legal costs. Student loans don't mean squat. Who doesn't have those mother****in things. I know people who have $50,000 in student loans, $40,000 in credit card debt, and who make $30,000 a year.
Old 10-21-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kvrdave
It doesn't matter how old you are. Making $100,000 per year and handling $100,000 in debt is no big deal. It may be that she isn't very good with her money, but she isn't that bad off. In other words, I don't want her running my finances, but her debt load isn't out of control or anything.
If that $100K debt were a mortgage on a house, I'd agree. But it is credit card debt and 10 year old unpaid student loans. Maybe there's a reasonable explanation, but it certainly throws a caution flag and suggests rhe need for more data.
Old 10-21-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Who doesn't have those mother****in things.

OldDude - I wouldn't say that she is a good manager of money, but the amount of income she has easily handles the expense of the debt. That is the point. Is she way in debt? Sure. But is is unmanageable to the point that she would go after O'Reilly? I doubt it. It just isn't that much debt considering her income.
Old 10-21-04, 06:54 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting how this was already in negotiations and supposedly she was offered $2 million. The suit's obviously for money, not for keeping her job or not being promoted.
Old 10-21-04, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kvrdave
OldDude - I wouldn't say that she is a good manager of money, but the amount of income she has easily handles the expense of the debt. That is the point. Is she way in debt? Sure. But is is unmanageable to the point that she would go after O'Reilly? I doubt it. It just isn't that much debt considering her income.
I disagree. $100,000 in debt aside from housing, car, and other living expenses is indeed a lot of debt... and most likely unmanageable. Considering how high her credit card debts are, it certainly appears that she is living beyond her means.
Old 10-21-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Vandelay_Inds
Am I the only one who feels sorry for poor Factor? If it weren't for him and Fox News, the liberal media would be able to run wild with leftist propaganda, and Democrats would have an unfair advantage having TV, the print press and Hollywood indoctrinating people into their cause. Everybody knows Fox News is quite biased, but taken in context with the rest of the mainstream media, it provides a precious alternative.
Did Groucho change his username?

It's very easy to run up $100,000 debt. Ever hear of a thing called a house?
Old 10-21-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How soon until SaveAndrea.com where if you contribute a sum of $XXX you may recieve a naughty call?
Old 10-21-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

$37k in credit card debt is a lot, even for someone making $100k. If it wasn't due to some emergency (such as medical costs, etc.), it would indicate to me that she is living beyond her means. Assuming she's in NYC, $100k is not a huge income.
Old 10-21-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Vandelay_Inds
Am I the only one who feels sorry for poor Factor? If it weren't for him and Fox News, the liberal media would be able to run wild with leftist propaganda, and Democrats would have an unfair advantage having TV, the print press and Hollywood indoctrinating people into their cause. Everybody knows Fox News is quite biased, but taken in context with the rest of the mainstream media, it provides a precious alternative.
So our choices are either liberal propaganda or conservative propaganda. I'll take neither thank you.

We don't have to consider getting lied to by either side acceptable.
Old 10-22-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by warcp
She's been out of college probably 10 years, has been making pretty good money, and still has 60,000 in student loans to pay off? Sounds like a problem to me.
Lots of people consolidate their student loans to a 30 year repayment schedule. It's not that unusual to still have tens of thousands of dollars of student loan debt that long out of school.
Old 10-22-04, 12:33 AM
Banned

Old 10-22-04, 12:52 AM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by JasonF
It's not that unusual to still have tens of thousands of dollars of student loan debt that long out of school.
"Tens of tens of thousands" overall. After 10+ years. The trend is definitely not positive unless there's a sudden drastic increase in income.
Old 10-22-04, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you kidding me? Making $100K in NYC is not much. Having $37K in credit card debt + a $62K student loan @ the age of 33 and single female is not a very good sign. She's definitely spending beyond her means and hunger for more money.
Old 10-22-04, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, she may have been sexually harrassed by Bill O'Reilly, which is wrong regardless of the amount of her Mastercard bill.
Old 10-22-04, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by MoviePage
Also, she may have been sexually harrassed by Bill O'Reilly, which is wrong regardless of the amount of her Mastercard bill.
I agree. But if she tried to blackmail him, and if she left after the incident and then came back to work for him afterwards....to hell with that....it wasn't harrassment in my book.
Old 10-22-04, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

MasterCard Bill, you say?
Old 10-22-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by zuffy
Are you kidding me? Making $100K in NYC is not much. Having $37K in credit card debt + a $62K student loan @ the age of 33 and single female is not a very good sign. She's definitely spending beyond her means and hunger for more money.
Who doesn't have a hunger for more money? Don't you? Aren't we in a capitalistic society? Is someone who is trying to make more money in life more likely to allege false sexual harrassment claims? I don't think you want to go down that road in making illogical conclusions.

The issue is entirely ridiculous. She's making alright money for NYC. She's got an average amount of debt on her hands. She's doing what conservatives would like -- negotiating before taking it to trial (where she's likely to get less money if negotiations are accepted) where it won't be up to a jury's discretion.

Drudge is being especially stupid.
Old 10-22-04, 11:18 AM

If her suit was against anybody else, I would say it was probably unfounded gold-digging. But since it's against a conservative, I'm going to side with the accuser.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.