DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   finally found the best working toilet bowl cleaner. The Works (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/391772-finally-found-best-working-toilet-bowl-cleaner-works.html)

mikehunt 10-20-04 06:09 PM

finally found the best working toilet bowl cleaner. The Works

The Works works awesome. cleans better on contact than the lysol gel stuff does after sitting for 10 minutes. Hardly had to do any scrubing with the brush using The Works
www.limeosol.com/toilet.htm

devilshalo 10-20-04 06:34 PM

I'm afraid to know what you've been eating that you regularly stain your bowl that badly. :whofart:

mikehunt 10-20-04 07:14 PM

good old western NY water. high in iron so we get rust stains, plus it's a white toilet so it shows more
also been getting some mildew above the water line

devilshalo 10-20-04 08:39 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
good old western NY water. high in iron so we get rust stains, plus it's a white toilet so it shows more
also been getting some mildew above the water line

Hard water stain is sukekekekeke!

nazz 10-20-04 08:44 PM

We've been using The Works for years. :up:

DVD Polizei 10-20-04 09:22 PM

My toilet says we should try it, so, I am.

Mole177 10-20-04 09:30 PM

hmm... i gave up on those "bathroom cleaners."

i use automotive stuff. Castrol's all purpose Degreaser.

its awesome. the bad part is that i wear a gas mask while cleaning or else the vapors will get me.

PrincessT 10-20-04 09:46 PM

I loved The Works the first time I tried it, but then I started finding it at Big Lots (used to be McFrugal's) and the stuff there is watery and sucks. That's the regular formula. The thick stuff is much better for our hard water since we live in one of the only towns in Chicagoland without Lake water.

The description for The Works says it has more active ingredients in it than any other cleaner on the market. OK, so that means more pollutants in our air and after cleaning, in our water table. But making a paste of borax and lemon juice, slapping it on the bowl for 2 hours and then scrubbing it off is so much work. Chemical vs. "Natural." Easy vs. Hard.

If anyone is interested: Homemade Cleaners

Mr. Salty 10-21-04 01:20 AM

I like the new Clorox with Teflon. Not only does shit not stick as easily, you can stir-fry right in the bowl. Kind of like a wok, but different.

funkyryno 10-21-04 02:15 AM

You can make a Works bomb by filing up a 2-liter plastic bottle with shredded aluminum foil. Then pour in a bottle of works and screw the lid back on the 2-liter bottle. Run for cover and watch the fun.

mikehunt 10-21-04 05:48 PM

kid did that in high school. was going to wait until later in the day to plant it so he had it in his locker. moron put the top on too tight and the gas couldn't escape
blew up during home room. ruined a $400 leather jacket that his friend had in his(the bomber's) locker