Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

A Palestiinian building taken hostage by...Palestinians...

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-19-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3756800.stm

Armed militants have forced the closure of Palestinian parliament buildings in the West Bank town of Jenin.
The gunmen told officials in the building that they had "10 minutes to leave", Haaretz newspaper reported.

The militants are members of al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, a militant group linked to the mainstream Fatah faction, whose main stronghold is Jenin.

They are demanding compensation for the families of Palestinians killed during the current intifada.

"We have been appealing to the Palestinian Legislative Council for the last eight months to pass a bill that would protect the families of martyrs," Zakaria Zubeidi - head of al-Aqsa Brigades in Jenin - told the AFP news agency.

"These offices will remain closed until the law is adopted", he said.

Several hours later, Associated Press reported that the militants had left but the buildings remained locked up.

Mr Zubeidi has recently attacked Palestinian Authority buildings and has been an outspoken critic of the organisation.

In July, al-Aqsa Martyrs brigades set fire to two Palestinian Authority offices in Jenin to protest against security co-operation with Israel.

Violence

In Gaza, Israeli soldiers killed two Palestinian militants near the northern town of Beit Hanoun early on Tuesday, Palestinian security sources said.

The men were spotted planting an explosive device near a fence south of Kibbutz Erez, Haaretz newspaper reported.

Northern Gaza has seen some of the worst violence of the recent conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

At least 100 Palestinians and an Israeli soldier were killed during a three-week incursion by Israel into the area.

Israel said the operation was aimed at stopping rocket attacks by Palestinian militants.

On Monday, armed members of two Palestinian intelligence services exchanged fire in Gaza City, wounding six people.

Correspondents said it was not clear what set off the gunfight, but it is thought to have been a clan feud.

---

Pay us for blowing ourselves up, or die!

They need a Union representation in Jenin, I think.
Old 10-19-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man....live by the sword, die by the sword. It was just a matter of time before these dumb bastards decided this was a great way to solve all their problems.
Old 10-19-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've decided that I am taking my own office hostage. And I hereby rename it the People's Republic of Steinbekistan.

- David Stein
Old 10-19-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-19-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1) Take building hostage
2)
3) Profit
Old 10-19-04, 04:12 PM
Banned

excellent!
Old 10-19-04, 05:09 PM

How about BirkaBirkastan?
Old 10-19-04, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by sfsdfd
I've decided that I am taking my own office hostage. And I hereby rename it the People's Republic of Steinbekistan.

- David Stein