DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Do You Have Any Bear Friends Who Smell Bad? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/383980-do-you-have-any-bear-friends-who-smell-bad.html)

classicman2 09-06-04 11:44 AM

Do You Have Any Dear Friends Who Smell Bad?

I mean really reek.

How do you go about telling them?

Do you feel it's your duty to tell them?

This obviously should be a burning issue for the forum.

Tsar Chasm 09-06-04 11:47 AM

That's "Old People Smell"

Sorry. Maybe wear one of those pine tree things for the car?

twikoff 09-06-04 11:58 AM

friends? no

although I had 1 friend (back in highschool) whose mom kept mothballs in the closets and drawers.. and it always made him smell pretty bad..
although we just teased him about it because he knew :lol:

oh.. and another guy back in highschool always stunk bad.. i dont think he ever took a shower.. or used deodorant.. one day, his homeroom teacher left a basket on his desk with soap, shampoos, deodorant, etc.... it wasnt so bad after that!

Bacon 09-06-04 12:41 PM

TSAR rotfl Old people smell :lol:

No I don't, thank fully allmmy friends are smart enough to bathe

Debaser 09-06-04 12:47 PM

I know people who smell stanky because of too much soap(did they use the whole bar?) or cologne. I can smell these people from like 20 feet away.

Bad hygiene is one thing. Self induced crap smelling is another.

darkflounder 09-06-04 01:24 PM

In boot camp, walked past a guy's locker and almost passed out from the stench. Turned out he didn't know how to use the washer and dryer, so he never washed his clothes. And this was the 5th week of boot. After PT, he'd take off his outfit, refold them, and put them in the locker.

The drill instructor actually had to take him into the laundry room with all his clothes and show him how to use a washing machine. Things were much better after that.

In HS, there was this girl that had a pecular smell. Not stinky, or BO, or anything like perfume. I think it had something to do with her medication. But that smell made me so damn horny! I've smelled it on a few people since then. Hard to explain to the wife why I suddenly got horned up after walking past some guy in the hall at work.

BizRodian 09-06-04 01:57 PM

In HS, there was this girl that had a pecular smell. Not stinky, or BO, or anything like perfume. I think it had something to do with her medication. But that smell made me so damn horny! I've smelled it on a few people since then. Hard to explain to the wife why I suddenly got horned up after walking past some guy in the hall at work.
Ok, that's just a little creepy.

kenny79 09-06-04 01:59 PM

I take it the pharmacy where c-man gets his prescriptions refilled is closed on Labor Day. ;)

Bacon 09-06-04 02:03 PM

Originally posted by kenny79
I take it the pharmacy where c-man gets his prescriptions refilled is closed on Labor Day. ;)
NAH,it's open, I work there Cman was a great customer, it's just that we don't deliver, and the nursing home lady who picks up his meds is on vacation

costanza187 09-07-04 07:35 AM

Ive known people who dont get their clothes dry enough, and they have that smell.

Debaser 09-07-04 07:39 AM

That mildew smell uck. That's worse than body odor. How could someone not notice that.

Amator 09-07-04 09:29 AM

The worst thing about the mildew smell is that (at least for me) you can never get it out.

Dabaomb 09-07-04 09:36 AM

Originally posted by darkflounder
-screwy-

Dabaomb 09-07-04 09:37 AM

Originally posted by Amator
The worst thing about the mildew smell is that (at least for me) you can never get it out.
just wash it again and it should come out.

knuckles 09-07-04 03:36 PM

Re: Do You Have Any Dear Friends Who Smell Bad?

Originally posted by classicman2
I mean really reek.

How do you go about telling them?

Do you feel it's your duty to tell them?

This obviously should be a burning issue for the forum.

If he/she is your real friend you shouldnt have a problem telling them. It is bettering coming from you than from an anonymous stranger

raven56706 09-07-04 03:41 PM

i had a friend who used to use lemon as a deoderant

FuzzyBallz 09-07-04 03:50 PM

http://www.medco-school.com/images/products/27260l.jpg
Got Old People?

vaporware 09-07-04 04:05 PM

Hard to explain to the wife why I suddenly got horned up after walking past some guy in the hall at work.
Yeah, I'd imagine your wife would be confused.

icondude 09-07-04 05:02 PM

In boot camp, walked past a guy's locker and almost passed out from the stench. Turned out he didn't know how to use the washer and dryer, so he never washed his clothes. And this was the 5th week of boot. After PT, he'd take off his outfit, refold them, and put them in the locker.
How does that happen?

chente 09-07-04 05:08 PM

This reminds me of a story my Biology teacher told the class when I was in HS. He claimed to have dated a girl who worked in a movie theater and would pick her up every night after her shift and drive up to the local make-out spot for a petting session. To this day, he claimed that he found the smell of popcorn to be "arousing" .

Deftones 09-07-04 05:13 PM

One guy, but he's Indian so we let him slide.

eXcentris 09-07-04 05:16 PM

Originally posted by raven56706
i had a friend who used to use lemon as a deoderant
This was one of RandyC's earlier experiments before he moved on to larger fruit.

weargle 09-07-04 05:17 PM

Originally posted by eXcentris
This was one of RandyC's earlier experiments before he moved on to larger fruit.
Lemons burn the pee hole.

grrrah 09-07-04 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Had one friend in HS, would have to pick him up everyday. He always had a really pungent curry smell when he walked out of his house, but it would mostly go away by the time we reached school. Occasionally we would hang out at his place, and we too would smell for a little bit after we left.

scottall 09-07-04 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
This reminds me of college. There were always a lot of Indians in the computer lab and it stank to high hell. I know that spices in food make you smell differently, but the smell was atrocious and made it difficult to get anything done.