Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

A Memorable Night Of Drinking (aka "Headless Friend" story)

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

A Memorable Night Of Drinking (aka "Headless Friend" story)

Old 08-30-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Memorable Night Of Drinking

Apparently a 21 year old and his 23 year old friend went out drinking Saturday night (full moon?) and the friend got sick. For some reason he stuck his head out the window of their truck and a telephone pole guy wire removed it. The driver didn't notice. He drove home (12 mi), parked the truck (complete with corpse) in his driveway and went to bed. Wow. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...0marfatal.html
Old 08-30-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Oy. That doesnät sound good at all.

The link you provided though requires registration.
Old 08-30-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Cobb driver charged after decapitated body found in truck

By SAEED AHMED, BRENDEN SAGER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/30/04

A Marietta man left a bar early Sunday morning, got into an accident that decapitated the passenger in his pickup truck, then drove several miles home and went to sleep — leaving his pickup truck parked overnight in his driveway with the body of his friend hanging out the passenger side window, Cobb County police said.

Police said John Kemper Hutcherson, 21, of Marietta drove off a road soon after leaving a bar about midnight and hit a support wire to a telephone pole. The guide wire severed the head of his friend, Francis Daniel Brohm, 23, of Marietta.
EMAIL THIS
PRINT THIS
MOST POPULAR

Hutcherson then drove 12 miles to his home on Fox Hound Chase, where police found him Sunday morning in blood-splattered clothes.

"It's hard for one to imagine that you would drive [several] miles from a crash site to your home, turning in various directions, and yet not know what has happened to a passenger sitting next to you in your vehicle," said Cobb police Cpl. Dana Pierce.

A neighbor out on a stroll with his 1-year-old daughter called authorities after discovering the headless body in the parked truck about 8 a.m.

Hutcherson was charged with first-degree vehicular homicide, driving under the influence, failure to stop at an accident with death or injury and failure to maintain lanes. He remained in the Cobb County Jail on Sunday night, held on $10,000 bond.

Police said that before the two friends got to Runaround Sue's in Marietta late Saturday night, they had been at a house where they had gathered to watch a televised NASCAR event. Brohm's father, Dan Brohm, said that Brohm was a mechanic who worked late on Saturdays and then met up with friends sometimes.

Police don't know how long the friends were at the bar but said the two left after Brohm felt sick.

Less than a mile and half from the bar, the pickup truck ran off Canton Road, traveled about 10 feet and hit the guide wire.

Investigators have not yet determined how fast the truck was going. Police would not say why Brohm was hanging out the passenger-side window when he was struck.

After the accident, police said, Hutcherson's route home took him through a commercial and industrial district that changed to dark, narrow winding roads before reaching the two-story Colonial house where he lives with his mother and sister. He parked the 1992 Chevrolet Z-71 in the driveway to the house's two-car garage.

Except for the body in the passenger seat, the only thing amiss was the passenger-side mirror, which had been sheared off in the accident.

Later that morning, police found the severed head at the crash site on Canton Road.

Pierce would not say how Hutcherson explained the headless body in his truck.

Robert Gladstone, 61, who lives a few doors down from Hutcherson's house and describes him as "a fine fellow," said residents were shocked when they saw the police and the white sheet over the body in the truck.

"But as the day progressed and we found out more and more, my wife and I were in utter disbelief," he said. "It was beyond our imagination."

The owner of Runaround Sue's said Sunday that the bar offers a courtesy van to take home intoxicated patrons. Before customers are allowed to enter, bar personnel check to see if they are inebriated, and the staff continues to monitor patrons' alcohol intake throughout the night, said owner David Ulmer.

"To my knowledge, these people weren't served alcohol at Runaround Sue's," Ulmer said. "It's unfortunate that we may have been the last stop they made before this horrendous incident."

Brohm's father described Francis — Frankie to the family — as a fun-loving person who had been friends with Hutcherson since high school.

"He was a very outgoing person who was very close with his friends and very close with his [two] sisters," Dan Brohm said.

Next-door neighbor James Q. Collier, a retired engineer from Lockheed, said he has known Hutcherson for almost 20 years. When Collier was laid up because of an ulcer a few years ago, Hutcherson would come by to help with household chores, he said.

"It sounds awful, I'm sorry for both families," Collier said. "That kid has never been any problem."

— Staff researcher Joni Zeccola contributed to this article.
Old 08-30-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by muggins
Oy. That doesnät sound good at all.

Muggins, now that you are typing on Swedish keyboards, your posts are going to start looking more and more like Holy Grail subtitles, aren't they?

Old 08-30-04, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally posted by muggins
The link you provided though requires registration.
Tip for the future: http://bugmenot.com
Old 08-30-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, that is crazy shit.
Old 08-30-04, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by AGuyNamedMike
Muggins, now that you are typing on Swedish keyboards, your posts are going to start looking more and more like Holy Grail subtitles, aren't they?
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?
Old 08-30-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Otto
Tip for the future: http://bugmenot.com
That's what I just used to snag that quoted text.
Old 08-30-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/3690110/detail.html
Old 08-30-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like to think I've tied a few on in my day but how the hell could you miss a headless corpse in your front seat?!?!?!?!
That due must have been about .300
Old 08-30-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I get exited watching NASCAR, but I never lose my head over it.
Old 08-30-04, 12:17 PM
Banned

Now that's what I call a sticky situation.
Old 08-30-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank God for the Internet...otherwise I wouldn't hear about wierd stories like this.

To this day, I don't know why so many ppl outside of NYC like Nascar. Someone told me that it was the most popular sport in the US
Old 08-30-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that is just suck.
Old 08-30-04, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/....ap/index.html

On CNN now as well.
Old 08-30-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Dabaomb
Someone told me that it was the most popular sport in the US
NASCAR is not a sport.
Old 08-30-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cdollaz
NASCAR is not a sport.
It is so a sport. It requires tremendous hand/eye coordination and great endurance. NASCAR drivers strap themselves into ovenlike steel boxes and speed around tracks at speeds approaching 200 MPH while bunched in tight packs with other racers. NASCAR, and all auto racing for that matter, is most definitely a sport.
Old 08-30-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

NASCAR is not a sport.
You should post that in the Sports forum. I bet no one there will disagee with it in a passionate manner.

No sir, no one at all.
Old 08-30-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Dabaomb
Someone told me that it was the most popular sport in the US
sadly enough
this is true
Old 08-30-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson
It is so a sport. It requires tremendous hand/eye coordination and great endurance. NASCAR drivers strap themselves into ovenlike steel boxes and speed around tracks at speeds approaching 200 MPH while bunched in tight packs with other racers. NASCAR, and all auto racing for that matter, is most definitely a sport.
I'm not convinced. Regardless of how difficult it is, you will never convince me that pushing a pedal and turning a wheel makes this a sport.
Old 08-30-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

**countdown till randyc's reply**

although we may be wandering off topic a little here
Old 08-30-04, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not convinced. Regardless of how difficult it is, you will never convince me that pushing a pedal and turning a wheel makes this a sport.
NASCAR isn't the same as cruising the interstate in a Honda Accord with the A/C running and a Starbucks latte in one hand. If it were, I would be making 20 million a year instead of Tony Stewart.

Go see the IMAX NASCAR Experience, it will give you a great perspective.
Old 08-30-04, 02:45 PM
Banned

He'll never be the head of a corporation
Old 08-30-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Then try it just once. Seriously. I'll make you get out and kiss the ground after a 55 second run in my four door sedan on street tires, not to mention what I'd do in my Miata on Toyo Proxes.

See more debate here
Old 08-30-04, 03:20 PM
Suspended

Location: Now in the Mojave desert...but still, thankfully, outside Los Angeles
Originally posted by tdirgins
I like to think I've tied a few on in my day but how the hell could you miss a headless corpse in your front seat?!?!?!?!
That due must have been about .300
When you are driving home, you have to be very focused on traffic, not passengers. Sure, you get home with the occasional headless corpse...but innocent drivers are alive because you were paying extra attention to oncoming traffic.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.